906 users online (172 members and 734 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,066

    LA - Charles Fisher, 83, found decomposed in daughter's home, March 2012

    http://www.wwltv.com/news/Daughter-t...tml?hpt=ju_bn5

    man’s daughter walked into Slidell Police headquarters and told authorities “her father’s location and condition

    Instead of reporting the death at the time, the woman left her father on a bed in the residence. As the body began to decompose, she amputated the hands and placed them in a box in her freezer. She then transferred the rest of the body to a 160-quart ice chest, which she kept inside the house. The man was 6’,2” tall.”

    Inside the ice chest, deputies found the man. He had been inside the ice chest long enough “to putrefy and assume a liquid state,” said Bonnett.


    The unidentified woman is in protective custody of coroner's office for a mental evaluation.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Detroit Metro
    Posts
    1,670
    I'm speechless, so I'll use a neighbor's quote from the article: "I'm just floored. I can't believe it."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    606
    Before I even clicked on the link, my first thought was social security checks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by PHB View Post
    Before I even clicked on the link, my first thought was social security checks.
    To an extent I agree with you. But why amputate his hands? That seems like more of a psych issue to me.

    Dang she had a roommate too? It will be interesting to find out a cause of death. And why she decided to go to LE now.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    To an extent I agree with you. But why amputate his hands? That seems like more of a psych issue to me.

    Dang she had a roommate too? It will be interesting to find out a cause of death. And why she decided to go to LE now.
    If I had to guess, and MOO, she cut off his hands, planned on cutting off his head, then dispose of the unidentifiable corpse. Then she lost her nerve when it came beheading dear old dad, and just stashed him.
    Good point about the COD.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,973
    We should thank goodness for our own mental health when hearing about incidences like this, imo.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410
    OMG ... just saw this thread ... I was HORRIFIED when I heard this earlier today !

    This has been all over our local news today -- Slidell is just north of New Orleans.

    My "first impression" was that she murdered her father ... hopefully, the ME and labs will be able to determine the cause of death.


    Here is a link from Fox 8 New Orleans :

    http://www.fox8live.com/news/local/s...yJoUtMkWg.cspx

    "A lot has to be determined," said Strain. "Was a crime committed? Was his death from natural causes? And that can only be determined by the coroner." The coroner is working to determine the man cause of death and confirm his identity.

    [Strain is the Sheriff of St. Tammany Parish]

    At this point, no charges have been filed. The Sheriff says his office is still working to identify which laws might apply to this case. The daughter of the deceased, who is in her 50's, was placed in protective custody for an evaluation of her mental state. The other woman has been released.
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410
    Here is an interesting article from the New Orleans Times-Picayune :


    snipped from : http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...dads_body.html


    Authorities discovered the corpse because the air conditioning system broke at a small, one-story apartment complex in the 100 block of South Military Road. Workers needed to get into the daughter's apartment to complete repairs, but she and the other woman "vehemently" denied access to their place, Strain [Sheriff] recounted.

    The workers called the landlord. The landlord claimed the women routinely gave him trouble about entering the apartment even if necessary, and he also realized he had not seen the elderly man living there in a while. He phoned the sheriff.
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    What the what?

    What kind of ice chest and did she keep ice in it all these years?

    So far no charges have been filed? Sooooooo if one of my elderly relatives dies somehow and I don't feel like worrying about their cremation I can just leave them "rot" for lack of a better word and then put them in an ice chest? How about the tub? The fridge?

    Plus there's been a roomie all those years? They knew?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410
    snipped from : http://www.wdsu.com/news/30628439/detail.html


    Neighbors said they had not seen the man, so they were shocked when they found out what had been going on.

    "I was shocked. How can you do that to somebody? Just put them back in the freezer and then live there? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night," neighbor Matt Heuer said.

    "You would never see him come out of there. They said to do maintenance or anything, they wouldn't open the door, wouldn't let anybody in the house," neighbor Brian Reetz said.



    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    This is absolutely bizarre !
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tn/Ar
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    The daughter of the deceased, who is in her 50's, was placed in protective custody for an evaluation of her mental state. The other woman has been released.
    Thinking the roommate could use some of it also!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,806
    Wow things just keep getting stranger by the day!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    What the what?

    What kind of ice chest and did she keep ice in it all these years?

    So far no charges have been filed? Sooooooo if one of my elderly relatives dies somehow and I don't feel like worrying about their cremation I can just leave them "rot" for lack of a better word and then put them in an ice chest? How about the tub? The fridge?

    Plus there's been a roomie all those years? They knew?

    BBM

    First they have to find out what charges fit the case. Is it just abuse of a corpse? Or neglect or murder? Fraud. Or all of the above.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    Here is an interesting article from the New Orleans Times-Picayune :


    snipped from : http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...dads_body.html


    Authorities discovered the corpse because the air conditioning system broke at a small, one-story apartment complex in the 100 block of South Military Road. Workers needed to get into the daughter's apartment to complete repairs, but she and the other woman "vehemently" denied access to their place, Strain [Sheriff] recounted.

    The workers called the landlord. The landlord claimed the women routinely gave him trouble about entering the apartment even if necessary, and he also realized he had not seen the elderly man living there in a while. He phoned the sheriff.
    So she didn't go to LE on her own. That makes more sense.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTx View Post
    Wow things just keep getting stranger by the day!
    Don't they, just when you think you can't be shocked any more something like this comes along.

    When deputies opened the ice chest, they found the man inside. Investigators said he had been there long enough that his body had begun to putrefy and assume a liquid state
    He must have been in there for sometime then.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

    "From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." – Benny Fallout: New Vegas

    "What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2016, 03:42 PM
  2. NY - Newborn girl found decomposed in Batavia home, 29 Aug 2015
    By zwiebel in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2016, 09:34 PM
  3. GUILTY WI - Magdeline Middlesworth, 90, found decomposed, Necedah, 4 March 2008
    By noZme in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-08-2015, 06:24 PM
  4. Eight decomposed bodies found in vacated funeral home, Fort Worth
    By zwiebel in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-19-2014, 04:59 PM

Tags for this Thread