GUILTY LA - Charles Fisher, 83, found decomposed in daughter's home, March 2012

peeples

Reaction score
http://www.wwltv.com/news/Daughter-...ays-sheriffs-office-141762403.html?hpt=ju_bn5

man’s daughter walked into Slidell Police headquarters and told authorities “her father’s location and condition

Instead of reporting the death at the time, the woman left her father on a bed in the residence. As the body began to decompose, she amputated the hands and placed them in a box in her freezer. She then transferred the rest of the body to a 160-quart ice chest, which she kept inside the house. The man was 6’,2” tall.”

Inside the ice chest, deputies found the man. He had been inside the ice chest long enough “to putrefy and assume a liquid state,” said Bonnett.

The unidentified woman is in protective custody of coroner's office for a mental evaluation.

I'm speechless, so I'll use a neighbor's quote from the article: "I'm just floored. I can't believe it."

Before I even clicked on the link, my first thought was social security checks.

Before I even clicked on the link, my first thought was social security checks.

To an extent I agree with you. But why amputate his hands? That seems like more of a psych issue to me.

Dang she had a roommate too? It will be interesting to find out a cause of death. And why she decided to go to LE now.

To an extent I agree with you. But why amputate his hands? That seems like more of a psych issue to me.

Dang she had a roommate too? It will be interesting to find out a cause of death. And why she decided to go to LE now.

If I had to guess, and MOO, she cut off his hands, planned on cutting off his head, then dispose of the unidentifiable corpse. Then she lost her nerve when it came beheading dear old dad, and just stashed him.
Good point about the COD.

We should thank goodness for our own mental health when hearing about incidences like this, imo.

:seeya: OMG ... just saw this thread ... I was HORRIFIED when I heard this earlier today !

This has been all over our local news today -- Slidell is just north of New Orleans.

My "first impression" was that she murdered her father ... hopefully, the ME and labs will be able to determine the cause of death.

Here is a link from Fox 8 New Orleans :

http://www.fox8live.com/news/local/...ody-case-stranger/-q9QKFkQs0qq-yJoUtMkWg.cspx

"A lot has to be determined," said Strain. "Was a crime committed? Was his death from natural causes? And that can only be determined by the coroner." The coroner is working to determine the man cause of death and confirm his identity.

[Strain is the Sheriff of St. Tammany Parish]

At this point, no charges have been filed. The Sheriff says his office is still working to identify which laws might apply to this case. The daughter of the deceased, who is in her 50's, was placed in protective custody for an evaluation of her mental state. The other woman has been released.

Here is an interesting article from the New Orleans Times-Picayune :

snipped from : http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/03/woman_mightve_hidden_dads_body.html

Authorities discovered the corpse because the air conditioning system broke at a small, one-story apartment complex in the 100 block of South Military Road. Workers needed to get into the daughter's apartment to complete repairs, but she and the other woman "vehemently" denied access to their place, Strain [Sheriff] recounted.

The workers called the landlord. The landlord claimed the women routinely gave him trouble about entering the apartment even if necessary, and he also realized he had not seen the elderly man living there in a while. He phoned the sheriff.

What the what?

What kind of ice chest and did she keep ice in it all these years?

So far no charges have been filed? Sooooooo if one of my elderly relatives dies somehow and I don't feel like worrying about their cremation I can just leave them "rot" for lack of a better word and then put them in an ice chest? How about the tub? The fridge?

Plus there's been a roomie all those years? They knew?

snipped from : http://www.wdsu.com/news/30628439/detail.html

Neighbors said they had not seen the man, so they were shocked when they found out what had been going on.

"I was shocked. How can you do that to somebody? Just put them back in the freezer and then live there? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night," neighbor Matt Heuer said.

"You would never see him come out of there. They said to do maintenance or anything, they wouldn't open the door, wouldn't let anybody in the house," neighbor Brian Reetz said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is absolutely bizarre !

The daughter of the deceased, who is in her 50's, was placed in protective custody for an evaluation of her mental state. The other woman has been released.

Thinking the roommate could use some of it also!

Wow things just keep getting stranger by the day!

What the what?

What kind of ice chest and did she keep ice in it all these years?

So far no charges have been filed? Sooooooo if one of my elderly relatives dies somehow and I don't feel like worrying about their cremation I can just leave them "rot" for lack of a better word and then put them in an ice chest? How about the tub? The fridge?

Plus there's been a roomie all those years? They knew?

BBM

First they have to find out what charges fit the case. Is it just abuse of a corpse? Or neglect or murder? Fraud. Or all of the above.

Here is an interesting article from the New Orleans Times-Picayune :

snipped from : http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/03/woman_mightve_hidden_dads_body.html

Authorities discovered the corpse because the air conditioning system broke at a small, one-story apartment complex in the 100 block of South Military Road. Workers needed to get into the daughter's apartment to complete repairs, but she and the other woman "vehemently" denied access to their place, Strain [Sheriff] recounted.

The workers called the landlord. The landlord claimed the women routinely gave him trouble about entering the apartment even if necessary, and he also realized he had not seen the elderly man living there in a while. He phoned the sheriff.

So she didn't go to LE on her own. That makes more sense.

Wow things just keep getting stranger by the day!

Don't they, just when you think you can't be shocked any more something like this comes along.

When deputies opened the ice chest, they found the man inside. Investigators said he had been there long enough that his body had begun to putrefy and assume a liquid state

He must have been in there for sometime then.

Here is an update this morning from WWL TV New Orleans :

11:30 am Presser Scheduled

Link : http://www.wwltv.com/news/St-Tamman...n-mans-body-found-in-ice-chest-141915293.html

SLIDELL, La – The St. Tammany corner is expected to discuss the bizarre case of a body that was found inside an ice chest at a Slidell home. At the 11:30 a.m. press conference, coroner Dr. Peter Galvan is expected to divulge the forensic findings from the case.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I will continue to look for updates on this case ... I cannot wait to hear what the ME finds ...

:eek: This is just absolutely BIZARRE ... this poor elderly man !

:maddening:

Coroner's press conference called regarding body of man found in ice chest in Slidell

Published: Thursday, March 08, 2012, 10:28 AM

Link : http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/03/coroners_press_conference_call.html

St. Tammany Parish Coroner Dr. Peter Galvan has called a press conference for 11:30 a.m. today to discuss his office's forensic findings concerning the death of an elderly man found stuffed inside an ice chest in a Slidell-area apartment on Tuesday night. Galvan will also discuss a pair of orders for custody issued in relation to the case, said Melanie Comeaux, executive director for the coroner's office.

The news conference will be held at the coroner's forensic facility in Slidell. Check back with nola.com later for a complete story.

Arrest warrants issued in case of body found in ice chest near Slidell

Published: Thursday, March 08, 2012, 11:22 AM
Updated: Thursday, March 08, 2012, 11:42 AM

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/03/arrest_warrants_issued_in_conn.html

Arrest warrants have been obtained in connection with Tuesday night's discovery of an elderly man's body inside an ice chest in an apartment near Slidell, the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office announced.

Debra Fisher, 58, who is believed to be the man's daughter, will be booked with mutilating or disinterring human remains and unlawful dispose of remains. She is undergoing medical evaluation and will be arrested upon her release.

Meanwhile, deputies booked Heidi Todd, 44, of Slidell, yesterday evening into the St. Tammany Parish jail in Covington with one count of unlawful disposal of remains.

Updated article from the New Orleans Times Picayune :

Identity of man found in ice chest in Slidell remains unknown

Published: Thursday, March 08, 2012, 12:31 PM
Updated: Thursday, March 08, 2012, 12:38 PM

Link : http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/03/man_whose_remains_were_found_i.html

The St. Tammany Parish coroner continues to try to identify the elderly man whose remains were found stuffed inside an ice chest in a Slidell-area apartment on Tuesday night.

Meanwhile, deputies yesterday evening booked Heidi Todd, Fisher's roommate, into the St. Tammany Parish jail in Covington with one count of unlawful disposal of remains.

Todd's bond has been set at $30,000, the Sheriff's Office said.

Todd also underwent a mental evaluation, but she was let go, St. Tammany Parish Sheriff Jack Strain has said.

JMO ... but this Todd needs MORE than just a mental evaluation -- she needs to stay in :jail:

MOO ...

2 facing cemetery law violations in grisly body in ice chest case

Updated: Friday, March 09, 2012, 6:07 AM

snippets from : http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/03/2_facing_cemetery_law_violatio.html

Slidell woman will be jailed on violations of state cemetery law for allegedly slicing the hands off a corpse believed to be her father's and stuffing the rest of the body into an ice chest in her apartment, leaving it there for at least a few months, officials announced Thursday. The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office arrested her roommate Wednesday.

Convictions in Louisiana of unlawful disposal of remains and mutilating or disinterring remains each carry a maximum penalty of three years in prison and a $1,000 fine. Investigators are still probing whether to accuse them of any other crimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back