814 users online (134 members and 680 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

court in recess until 3/13/2012 general discussion thread

Hello websleuthers,
    This is the general discussion thread for the LONG weekend break in testimony. Before posting please take a moment to review the rules that are posted here in the forum... especially the part about the zero tolerance policy.

Due to the publication ban we are going to discuss only what has been testified to in court thus far (this includes opening statements).

Please remember to post responsibly and when posting an opinion to include your moos, jmhoos, and s.

Per tweets out of the courtroom, The Crown will continue its' case with testimony from TLM on Tuesday.
    Last edited by nursebeeme; 03-09-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Exclamation please read:

reposting Salem's warning from yesterday:

Okay everybody - LISTEN UP! We are not bashing, accusing or blaming Tori's family here. It won't be allowed.

Children walk home from school every day without incident. Parents are not perfect, it's just not possible. Tori's parents DID NOT do this to her. TLM and an accomplice DID. That is where the blame goes.

We had a lot of family bashing in the early parts of this investigation after Tori went missing and a lot of baseless accusations - NONE OF WHICH PROVED TO BE TRUE. Victim and family bashing will not be allowed during this trial.

Thank you,

Salem
    Last edited by nursebeeme; 03-08-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Exclamation Please Read: **we currently have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY**

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161721"]Member behavior - please read - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

link to additional rules at the above link
    Last edited by nursebeeme; 03-08-2012 at 01:27 PM.

It was heard in court today that Tara Mcdonald identified the white coat woman as TLM, four days after Tori went missing. This doesn't seem right. If they had her four days after, what took so long to charge her?

Quote Originally Posted by nettie_82 View Post
    The poor people she babysat for must now be horrified they left their children in her care!!!
    I'm wondering if the babysitting part of these credentials may have been fudged a little. Did she list any references for these babysitting jobs? TLM had been in and out of detention facilities for years. Between those and her other employment, did she have the time? It's possible that she only looked after her step nieces/nephews and used this on her résumé as filler.

""I have five grandkids and Terri-Lynne is like a saint with them," said Carol, who has a 34-year-old daughter and a 31-year-old son who live in Brampton."

http://www.thestar.com/article/638603

JMO
    Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. - William E. Gladstone

London Free Press‏@RaffertyLFP

Court sees photo of clump of hair with gum in it
    So, TLM did have gum in her hair! This was the reason she gave the neighbours for cutting her hair. I think most of us thought it was a lie. How on earth does an adult get gum in her hair to the extent that the hair has to be cut? Did she do it on purpose? Was this part of the "script" we heard about, where she planned on how to avoid detection? Hmm.

JMO
    Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. - William E. Gladstone

Quote Originally Posted by captaincanada View Post
    It was heard in court today that Tara Mcdonald identified the white coat woman as TLM, four days after Tori went missing. This doesn't seem right. If they had her four days after, what took so long to charge her?
    I'm not sure if I have the answer to your question but my feeling is they were probably investigating at that time. I found a timeline and on April 13th., they stopped the ground searches and the police made a public statement saying they believe Tori was alive.

I wonder if TLM told them Tori was alive and hidden somewhere and took them on a wild goose chase? I guess we'll find out next Tuesday.

April 13, 2009: Police call off the ground search after finding no clues. Const. Maitland says: "I think the feeling among police is, yes, she is (alive), and I am happy to report that feeling."
    http://www.globaltoronto.com/timelin...956/story.html
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by antiquegirl View Post
    So, TLM did have gum in her hair! This was the reason she gave the neighbours for cutting her hair. I think most of us thought it was a lie. How on earth does an adult get gum in her hair to the extent that the hair has to be cut? Did she do it on purpose? Was this part of the "script" we heard about, where she planned on how to avoid detection? Hmm.

JMO
    I found the gum thing really kooky too!

dang I forgot my moo!

:-)

TIMELINE

April 8, 2009: Victoria Stafford is last seen in the afternoon walking home from school, but she never arrives. An Amber Alert is not issued.

April 9, 2009: Surveillance camera footage from a local high school surfaces, capturing what police say was the child and an unidentified woman. Victoria does not appear to be struggling in the video. The woman is described as between 19 and 25, white, five-foot-two and about 125 pounds with a black ponytail. Stafford's grandparents offer a $10,000 reward for her return.

April 10, 2009: Police appeal for the woman in the video to come forward. A Woodstock fire department rescue boat searches for any evidence of Stafford.

April 11, 2009: Cst. Laurie-Anne Maitland of the Oxford Community Police says that there have been many questions about why an Amber alert was not issued. "At the time of the call coming in, we didn't have what was required for an Amber alert — not even close." A Facebook group — Find Victoria Stafford — already has 10,000 members.

April 12, 2009: Hundreds gather in Woodstock at 8 p.m. to hold a vigil for Stafford. Tori's mother makes a tearful appeal for her daughter to contact her family. "Anywhere, anyway that she can get back to us, if she can call or get away, find a way to come home," said Tara McDonald.

April 13, 2009: Police call off the ground search after finding no clues. Const. Maitland says: "I think the feeling among police is, yes, she is (alive), and I am happy to report that feeling."

April 14, 2009: Stafford's classmates return to school for the first time since her disappearance.

April 15, 2009: Parents reveal they took lie detector tests on the weekend. America's Most Wanted features Stafford's case as its top story.

April 17, 2009: It is announced that Ontario Provincial Police take over the search. Det. Insp. William Renton says the case is now officially classified as an abduction, not just a missing person.

Tara McDonald speaks to a throng of media outside her home and says she believes her daughter is still alive. “I'm her mother, I know her better than anyone else on the planet,” she said.

April 21, 2009: Police release a composite sketch of the woman in the video.

April 22, 2009: Rodney Stafford says he believes he recognizes the woman in the sketch, but Tara McDonald says she is not familiar with her.

May 3, 2009: Rodney Stafford lashes out on Facebook. "If by chance the persons responsible for the disappearance of Victoria are reading this I hope you are scared, nervous or whatever your sick minds are feeling right now. But know this...Daddy and the world are coming for Victoria."

May 4, 2009: Police release video footage of a dark coloured station wagon being driven on the same street where Victoria Stafford was last seen walking with a woman.

May 8, 2009: Tara McDonald says she is tired of gossip and rumours that she is somehow involved in the disappearance of her child and urges people to focus on Tori.

May 12, 2009: McDonald reads an open letter to her missing daughter, and urges her to stay strong.

May 15, 2009: Stafford's parents fight publicly in a daily media conference. Stafford lashed out at his ex-wife for displaying a lack of emotion, while she countered he was able to cry for the cameras because he feels guilty for being an absentee father. McDonald later speaks in more detail about her past addiction to drugs, saying she used OxyContin two to three times a week but started going to a methadone clinic two years prior because she wanted to gain control of her life. Suspicions that her daughter's disappearance is related to a drug debt are unfounded, McDonald says.

May 18, 2009: Family members and supporters walk in the Victoria Day parade in Woodstock.

May 20, 2009: Two arrests are made. Michael Thomas C.S. Rafferty, 28, and Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, appear in court. Both are charged with abduction. Rafferty is charged with murdering Stafford on April 8. McClintic is charged with knowingly aiding and enabling Rafferty. Rafferty and McClintic are scheduled to appear in court on May 28 in Woodstock.

more of the timeline at the link. I ended it at May 20th per today's testimony at trial.

http://www.globaltoronto.com/timelin...956/story.html
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

LE had more than 900 tips in the first week about the sketch. One of those tips came from Tara about TLM. This was likely looked at as a suspicion, not a definitive ID. To their credit, LE found the outstanding warrant for TLM and took her into custody the same day.

Terri-Lynne McClintic was questioned about the abduction of Tori Stafford. She was shown the CASS video but denied being the person in the video or having any involvement in the abduction of Tori Stafford. She was still considered a person of interest and was identified to be the subject of further investigation.
    On May 12, 2009, investigators attended at the Detention Centre to interview Terri-Lynne McClintic for a second time.
    On May 19, 2009, Terri-Lynne McClintic admitted that she was the female person walking in the CASS video with Tori Stafford.
    http://www.canada.com/Edited+stateme...650/story.html

I am guessing that with hundreds of tips to work from and other suspects, LE didn't have anything concrete enough on TLM to obtain a search warrant until after her confession.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by antiquegirl View Post

JMO
    Didn't we hear that TLM hid in the bathroom when her neighbours were interviewed about Tori (door to door searches)? If she did, then maybe she communicated with "someone" and the plan was to cut her hair and the story was to have gum in her hair. Maybe she put gum in her hair so that the neighbour or someone would corroborate this part of the story if it was checked out. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    TIMELINE

April 22, 2009: Rodney Stafford says he believes he recognizes the woman in the sketch, but Tara McDonald says she is not familiar with her.
    I wonder who Rodney believed was the woman. And TM said she was not familiar with her but she identified TLM on April 14th.

One day, Racine went over to use their laundry machine. Police canvassing the neighbourhood knocked on the door, sending Terri-Lynne fleeing to the bathroom. She refused to come out.

Read more: http://www.canada.com/Terri+Lynne+Mc...#ixzz1oXz6zwdw

I wonder who Rodney believed was the woman. And TM said she was not familiar with her but she identified TLM on April 14th.
    IMO - I always believed that Rodney thought it was either Tara or her friend. As many people did.
    Praying for our lost babies ~ Come home Lisa!!

Key detail of hair cut led to arrest of Tori Stafford’s killer, jury hears

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2362936/

At 12:29 p.m. on Easter Sunday in 2009, Detective Constable Sean Kelly got a tip: a woman named Terri owned a puffy white jacket and walked with a gait similar to that of a person seen leading eight-year-old Victoria (Tori) Stafford away in a surveillance video, a London court heard Thursday.

I wonder when Rafferty found out about TLM's arrest? What was he doing at that time she was arrested? How was his behaviour? JMO

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast