GUILTY PA - Barbara Adams, 18 mos, beaten to death, Bensalem, 26 Feb 2012

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
http://www.phillyburbs.com/my_town/...cle_cbbd4953-9ce6-59ba-b4c4-c043594da008.html

March 8, 2012

An 18-month-old Bensalem girl died Wednesday, 10 days after she was injured when a stack of wooden kitchen chairs fell on her after her baby sitter allegedly forced her to walk on a broken leg to throw out her dirty diaper.

The baby sitter, her mother’s boyfriend, Adrian Morgan Allen, 27, who listed addresses in Bristol Township and Camden, could now face homicide charges.

"forced her to walk on a broken leg" !!!

Sorry, I'm not in the mood to take this today...that *******

Boyfriend..husband...step-father...roommate...when will these women ever learn to be more careful about who they leave their children with? This man had previous drug charges and had most likely abused the child before since they found other injuries and burns on the child, plus he probably was the one who broke her leg.

A relationship is not more important than their children!

I wish they could charge the mother with something too..she had lied about him caring for the child during the previous abuse. And left the chilren with him again while she went out of town!

At least the other children are removed from the home...maybe they'll have a chance..RIP little Barbara....

The mother needs to be arrested too, she continued to let this guy watch her children in spite of all the prior injuries received while in his care! I can't even phathom being a child & having a mother that leaves you in the hands of an abuser. My mother would die for me, right here & now, & I'm far from being a child.

RIP baby girl

I think that this is the scenario he came up with to explain the child's injuries.
I personally doubt that's what actually happened. And I agree - I hope authorities are looking at the mother too. Why did she allow this guy to babysit her kids? What actually happened for the child to break her leg?

Would a spiral leg fracture on an 18 month old indicate deliberate twisting force applied by an abuser? I don't know much about this kind of injury, but thought it odd to be seen in a child of her age, who's obviously not involved in athletic activities that might offer an innocent explanation for that kind of fracture.

Her injuries (listed in the above linked article):

The "stack of chairs fell on her" causing some of the following. Not believing that explanation, btw.

severe blunt force head injuries, bleeding on the brain

unconscious

barely breathing

faint heartbeat

convulsions

BF applied cold bath water to her head to revive her (didn't work so he put her in her crib and left her there) I'm always suspicious of this "cold bath water" treatment. I've heard of it used as an abuse/torture in so many cases.

Besides those injuries, the hospital discovered she had the following, some older than others:

broken forearm

bite mark on tricep

broken ribs

multiple bruises on her back

spiral fracture to the leg (in a cast)

burns to the back of her legs

--------------

Are we having an epidemic of mothers allowing male friends, live ins, boyfriends, etc to abuse and kill their kids or does it just seem epidemic since we read about it in the news every day?

These moms keep making the same mistakes as the women before them, allowing the BFs to assault their kids. They're not learning from the mistakes of others and they're not learning from their own mistakes.

Are they just not educated on the dangers, do they know but don't care?

Would a spiral leg fracture on an 18 month old indicate deliberate twisting force applied by an abuser? I don't know much about this kind of injury, but thought it odd to be seen in a child of her age, who's obviously not involved in athletic activities that might offer an innocent explanation for that kind of fracture.

Her injuries (listed in the above linked article):

The "stack of chairs fell on her" causing some of the following. Not believing that explanation, btw.

severe blunt force head injuries, bleeding on the brain

unconscious

barely breathing

faint heartbeat

convulsions

BF applied cold bath water to her head to revive her (didn't work so he put her in her crib and left her there) I'm always suspicious of this "cold bath water" treatment. I've heard of it used as an abuse/torture in so many cases.

Besides those injuries, the hospital discovered she had the following, some older than others:

broken forearm

bite mark on tricep

broken ribs

multiple bruises on her back

spiral fracture to the leg (in a cast)

burns to the back of her legs

--------------

Are we having an epidemic of mothers allowing male friends, live ins, boyfriends, etc to abuse and kill their kids or does it just seem epidemic since we read about it in the news every day?

These moms keep making the same mistakes as the women before them, allowing the BFs to assault their kids. They're not learning from the mistakes of others and they're not learning from their own mistakes.

Are they just not educated on the dangers, do they know but don't care?

The abuse this child had to suffer in hte little 18 months of life is horrific. Not only should this man be made to suffer like his victim, so should the mother!

Spiral fractures CAN happen innocently. I have personally witnessed a 2 year old step in between a rock and stairs... and then twist and fall.
It was a very good thing it was witnessed by so many people... otherwise the parents might have been under serious suspicion.
However, it's pretty obvious it wasn't an innocent injury in this case.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/my_town/...cle_cbbd4953-9ce6-59ba-b4c4-c043594da008.html

March 8, 2012

An 18-month-old Bensalem girl died Wednesday, 10 days after she was injured when a stack of wooden kitchen chairs fell on her after her baby sitter allegedly forced her to walk on a broken leg to throw out her dirty diaper.

The baby sitter, her mother’s boyfriend, Adrian Morgan Allen, 27, who listed addresses in Bristol Township and Camden, could now face homicide charges.

A stack of wooden kitchen chairs??? Bullspit!!

That monster abused her every chance he could and now, because her mother turned a blind eye, this precious child is dead!

Charge the mom, too. She is just as responsible, if not more!

Rest in peace, Barbara. You are no-ones punching bag anymore.

I don't understand why the medical people did not call Le or child services. I thought they had to anytime abuse was suspected. There were burns on the back of the childs legs when she was taken to the hospital for the broken leg. I sure hope the 9 yr old talks, sounds like this guy just liked to torture the baby.!

I think that this is the scenario he came up with to explain the child's injuries.
I personally doubt that's what actually happened. And I agree - I hope authorities are looking at the mother too. Why did she allow this guy to babysit her kids? What actually happened for the child to break her leg?

You're right, it was a cover story, according to police. He swung the child through the air, causing massive head trauma, then left her on the floor all day long, comatose. The D.A. is seeking the death penalty.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/p...th_penalty_in_torture__murder_of_toddler.html

I don't understand why the medical people did not call Le or child services. I thought they had to anytime abuse was suspected. There were burns on the back of the childs legs when she was taken to the hospital for the broken leg. I sure hope the 9 yr old talks, sounds like this guy just liked to torture the baby.!
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/p...th_penalty_in_torture__murder_of_toddler.html

The child had been treated at St. Mary's for a broken leg on Jan. 7, according to the affidavit, and the county's Children and Youth Social Services was notified, Heckler said. Their review concentrated on the broken leg, he said.

"We believe there was clearance" for the broken leg, that the Children and Youth Services workers "were satisfied with the explanation of the older siblings," Heckler said.
During that hospital visit, "old burn marks and/or old injuries to her upper left leg" were found, according to the affidavit. Investigators are looking into whether the county workers were aware of those injuries, Heckler said.

Allen pleads guilty to murder and is sentenced to life without parole

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/cri...cle_627565b2-b804-58af-9fb8-f7c8610eb538.html

January 29, 2013

“Look at me!” Bucks County Judge Diane Gibbons snapped at Adrian Allen, who was staring at the courtroom floor after admitting to killing his girlfriend's 18-month-old daughter.

“This child's life was short and filled with pain,” the judge continued. “I hope your life is long and you think about it every day. And I hope you suffer.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back