1256 users online (260 members and 996 guests)  

Websleuths News

MA - Jessica Rojas, 25, murdered in her Springfield home, 3 March 2012

Both Dad and Stepdad went after the accused killer of Jessica Rojas. Jose Santiago allegedly killed her in front of witnesses shortly after she celebrated her 25th birthday.

Both the father and the stepfather have been charged. Evidently the father managed to connect as he has additional charges.
    http://ap.onlineathens.com/pstories/...65500332.shtml
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I understand the need for charges, but I don't think I could vote to convict either of these men.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Velouria View Post
    I understand the need for charges, but I don't think I could vote to convict either of these men.
    I wouldn't either. I think banning them from the courtroom for the duration of the trial would be about all they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I wouldn't either. I think banning them from the courtroom for the duration of the trial would be about all they deserve.
    I don't even think that banning them from the courtroom would be fair either. Both of them need to see justice carried out for their brutally murdered daughter. I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for this murderer at all but I do understand that people have to be civil during a court proceeding. LOL, maybe the accused will be let out on bail. Couldn't help it, had to say it.

From March 2014:

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.s...guilty_of.html

Jose Santiago, 32, was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole Thursday after a jury found him guilty of first degree murder for fatally stabbing Jessica Rojas two years ago...

Rojas, a 25-year-old mother of four, was stabbed around 3 a.m. March 3, 2012, at her Washburn Street apartment by her boyfriend Santiago...