1106 users online (173 members and 933 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Wouldn't she look like her mother and grandmother Brown is dominant...probably her eyes turned to brown, considering her age.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bit of hope; 03-06-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    Still believe in the human race.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bit of hope View Post
    Wouldn't she look like her mother and grandmother Brown is dominant...probably her eyes turned to brown, considering her age.
    Maybe. Sort of (eye colour is a lot more complicated than it was thought to be 25 years ago, there is a slew of modifier genes).

Because brown is dominant, people with brown eyes can carry genes that would produce blue, grey or green eyes. Those lighter colours can hide through many generations of solidly brown eyed people until someone down the line has a child with someone who is also brown eyed and carrying the genes for lighter eye colours.

Since they do have a DNA sample for Melissa (a blood sample taken at birth that the hospital happened to save), makes me wonder if perhaps someone took part of it to be analysed to get some predictions on her physical characteristics as an adult.

This is so sad.I hope they find her soon.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grainne Dhu View Post
    Maybe. Sort of (eye colour is a lot more complicated than it was thought to be 25 years ago, there is a slew of modifier genes).

Because brown is dominant, people with brown eyes can carry genes that would produce blue, grey or green eyes. Those lighter colours can hide through many generations of solidly brown eyed people until someone down the line has a child with someone who is also brown eyed and carrying the genes for lighter eye colours.

Since they do have a DNA sample for Melissa (a blood sample taken at birth that the hospital happened to save), makes me wonder if perhaps someone took part of it to be analysed to get some predictions on her physical characteristics as an adult.
    Thanks...of course I know that brown eyes and the mixing in could gave a different eye color...my father had very dark brown eyes, my mother gray eyes, my brother brown eyes and me blue eyes..but with babies...eye color can change still. I just wanted to say don't fix on the eye color....I hope she still around somewhere with people who take really good care of her....it's hard to believe, maybe she is one of the missing...missing.... and abducted soooo young...memory is playing jokes on you....you will not remember.....and your place is your place...(I hope you know what I mean).... I hope this girl is around somewhere....painful in so many ways if you find out all the things...and if you are happy why dig up everything....If she is still alive....maybe someday she knows and wants to find out her roots.....rambling and native language Dutch...sometimes hard to find the right words..but with a good intention.
    Still believe in the human race.....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7