ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score

Please continue here.

Please review the rules of our forum before posting: Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Victim Friendly - Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Robyn-Gardner-01_540x405.jpg

35-year-old Robyn Gardner disappeared while on vacation in Aruba on August 2, 2011. Her traveling companion and suspect in the case, Gary Giordano, says she was swept away while they were snorkeling.

Previous Threads:

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Please continue here.

Bringing this over...
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MD ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 August 2011 - #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlpate
Researching something on your computer is not a crime - and without a body or jurisdiction, no arrest. I'm sure they have his computer information, but they're not obligated to inform us of it's contents unless and until there is an arrest. JMO

Originally posted by LambChop I was thinking of Scott Peterson and how he searched for currents and tides on his computer and that became part of the evidence used against him. If GG was interested in the NH case was he also following SP's case as well and knew not to search on his own computer? jmo

Of course it will be relevant, but we won't know what they have until there's an arrest, and until there's an arrest.....

I don't think we'll hear much because IMO, they're waiting for GG to mess up....and I DO think he will mess up!

/QUOTE/ from Neesaki in previous thread:

Interesting thought, LC. Maybe researched the SP case, the NH case, and perhaps other cases as well. Also, maybe the numerous other murder / mysterious death / disappearance cases in Aruba as well, such as the one where the guy talked about him and his wife drinking Rum Runners all day long after she allegedly fell from the balcony to her death.

Then, GG slipped up and said Rum Runner instead of Rum Reef in the t.v. interview. As vlpate posted earlier in the thread, could that have been a Freudian slip?

I think that as tech savvy as GG reportedly is, he would know good and well not to use his own computer to do any such searches. Either he had access to another computer, or he had an accomplice doing the searches, or he totally destroyed and replaced his hard drive before he went to Aruba. Either way, no trail./QUOTE/

Did anyone ever find out if all the files on GG's home computer were deleted???

Unfortunately, I don't believe anything new has been reported.

/QUOTE/ from Neesaki in previous thread:

Interesting thought, LC. Maybe researched the SP case, the NH case, and perhaps other cases as well. Also, maybe the numerous other murder / mysterious death / disappearance cases in Aruba as well, such as the one where the guy talked about him and his wife drinking Rum Runners all day long after she allegedly fell from the balcony to her death.

Then, GG slipped up and said Rum Runner instead of Rum Reef in the t.v. interview. As vlpate posted earlier in the thread, could that have been a Freudian slip?

I think that as tech savvy as GG reportedly is, he would know good and well not to use his own computer to do any such searches. Either he had access to another computer, or he had an accomplice doing the searches, or he totally destroyed and replaced his hard drive before he went to Aruba. Either way, no trail./QUOTE/

Did anyone ever find out if all the files on GG's home computer were deleted???

That is correct, everyone is entitled to their opinion and obviously if we keep returning to post we are interested or we would not keep returning. None of us are forced to read another's post if we choose not to and can ignore or just skip over. It is a forum and there will be differences of opinions. And for the most part they are just that opinions. And moving on is good for the thread and hopefully there will be some news soon but it does not look too hopeful for RG's case.

I find most of the posts very interesting and sometimes a post will refresh a topic long forgotten such as the recent link Dushi posted to CJ's interview while she was in Aruba. I had not seen it before.

I had not heard that a psychic had told CJ RG was murdered and her body was on land, in a swampy area, along with a piece of her clothing. GG had her dress. The only area I know on the island that is swamp-like is up by the high rise hotels. There is an area between the beach road and the internal road headed north that is a bird santuary. I don't think she is there because he did not have enough time to drive to that location, find an area out of sign to place her body and then head back to Baby Beach. Unless her body washed ashore in Venezula I don't know of any swampy areas along the coastline of Aruba. jmo

I thought we did not discuss psycics or facebook rumour here

[/B]

I thought we did not discuss psycics or facebook rumour here

I believe it is fine to discuss what CJ stated in her interview. We were not permitted to discuss psychic information in the Forensic Astrology thread when it was open. In Caylee's thread their was open discussions about a psychic's involvement in the case. If it is not to be discussed I think it would be in the rules. I don't remember reading anything that said we could not discuss it if it directly relates to someone involved in the case.

I'm wondering if there are any swampy areas along the coast of Venezuela? I've never been there myself and was wondering if anyone else has ever visited the coastal areas of Venezuela. jmo

iirc I posted the link for the video of CJ, and just like eye witnesses, their memories are not always correct. jmo

That is correct, everyone is entitled to their opinion and obviously if we keep returning to post we are interested or we would not keep returning. None of us are forced to read another's post if we choose not to and can ignore or just skip over. It is a forum and there will be differences of opinions. And for the most part they are just that opinions. And moving on is good for the thread and hopefully there will be some news soon but it does not look too hopeful for RG's case.

I find most of the posts very interesting and sometimes a post will refresh a topic long forgotten such as the recent link Dushi posted to CJ's interview while she was in Aruba. I had not seen it before.

I had not heard that a psychic had told CJ RG was murdered and her body was on land, in a swampy area, along with a piece of her clothing. GG had her dress. The only area I know on the island that is swamp-like is up by the high rise hotels. There is an area between the beach road and the internal road headed north that is a bird santuary. I don't think she is there because he did not have enough time to drive to that location, find an area out of sign to place her body and then head back to Baby Beach. Unless her body washed ashore in Venezula I don't know of any swampy areas along the coastline of Aruba. jmo

This is another reason that I find CJ unreliable and untrustworthy. Whether she is just an idiot and actually puts her faith and belief in what these psychics tell her, or whether she is just deceitful and has some other hidden agenda, for all intents and purposes she openly and publicly gave up hope on Robyn. I just got the impression that her going to Aruba and doing that television interview was more to gain attention for herself than anything else, but then that's jmo, what do I know. I'm not saying that Robyn is alive, but with no body and no evidence that she is deceased no one can say, including CJ and her psychic friends.

BEM: I know we've been over this before, but please refresh my memory, how do we know GG had her dress? For me, the dress is an important aspect of this case.

This is another reason that I find CJ unreliable and untrustworthy. Whether she is just an idiot and actually puts her faith and belief in what these psychics tell her, or whether she is just deceitful and has some other hidden agenda, for all intents and purposes she openly and publicly gave up hope on Robyn. I just got the impression that her going to Aruba and doing that television interview was more to gain attention for herself than anything else, but then that's jmo, what do I know. I'm not saying that Robyn is alive, but with no body and no evidence that she is deceased no one can say, including CJ and her psychic friends.

There are many ways for someone so close to high profile case like this to get attention, I wouldn't think flying to Aruba with a psychic would be the most lucrative, nor do I think the best avenue to exposure for CJ. I struggled to find an interview with her. I think she did one. When this story broke, she could have made a ton of money off interviews - and there's always the Enquirer lurking in the background, willing to pay big bucks for an exclusive. Many people go to psychics as a last resort, when they feel like all hope of finding their loved one is gone. I don't see this as strange or unusual. JMO

Maybe it was a bit of both for CJ, I don't know. What I do know is it didn't hurt in the search for Robyn, it just gave the case more exposure, IMO.

There are many ways for someone so close to high profile case like this to get attention, I wouldn't think flying to Aruba with a psychic would be the most lucrative, nor do I think the best avenue to exposure for CJ. I struggled to find an interview with her. I think she did one. When this story broke, she could have made a ton of money off interviews - and there's always the Enquirer lurking in the background, willing to pay big bucks for an exclusive. Many people go to psychics as a last resort, when they feel like all hope of finding their loved one is gone. I don't see this as strange or unusual. JMO

Maybe it was a bit of both for CJ, I don't know. What I do know is it didn't hurt in the search for Robyn, it just gave the case more exposure, IMO.

I can't say what CJ's motives were for going to Aruba, maybe she was sincere, maybe not, idk. Or maybe she knows more than she is telling, and again, idk. Let's just say I'm a skeptic in general anyway, and particularly where this woman is concerned. All I know is that she sure didn't waste any time in basically declaring Robyn dead and gone the minute she returned home. I personally think that is strange, what, she drives around Aruba a couple of days with a psychic and that's all it takes to give her all the answers to what happened ? :waitasec:

I do have to admit that it doesn't help my opinion of her that her face is total Botox, and those modeling photos, all I can say is yuck, but then maybe that's just me, lol.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson185.htm .

So sad that Robyn apparently wanted so much to be like CJ when she had her own real and natural beauty of the real Robyn, just so very sad imo.

Another part of the story is that a psychic was there, I have not seen that. I did hear the reporter say that "they" spoke to a psychic they meaning robyn's cousin and friend. Apparently they thought it would give them some insight as to where to look.

Another part of the story is that a psychic was there, I have not seen that. I did hear the reporter say that "they" spoke to a psychic they meaning robyn's cousin and friend. Apparently they thought it would give them some insight as to where to look.

Yes, I believe the interviewer said it was a relative of RG's with CJ and not the psychic and only that CJ had talked with a psychic. As far as CJ having info on RG being dead it is possible the FBI talked with the family and they shared that information with CJ so she would know RG was not coming back and what she should do with RG's belongings. jmo

BEM: I know we've been over this before, but please refresh my memory, how do we know GG had her dress? For me, the dress is an important aspect of this case.

It was reported that RG's dress was found on the rocks and away from where the towels were spread on the ground. The witness who saw the dress thought it was odd that it was so far away from the towels where RG and GG were supposed to be sitting. jmo

IIRC, it was the same psychic who injected herself into the Natalee Holloway case to no avail. :dramaqueen:

Yes, I believe the interviewer said it was a relative of RG's with CJ and not the psychic and only that CJ had talked with a psychic. As far as CJ having info on RG being dead it is possible the FBI talked with the family and they shared that information with CJ so she would know RG was not coming back and what she should do with RG's belongings. jmo

I sure hope if CJ had information of Robyn's demise, her information came from the authorities rather than an attention seeking psychic. JMO

I sure hope if CJ had information of Robyn's demise, her information came from the authorities rather than an attention seeking psychic. JMO

Was this the same person from Caylee's case as well??? And if this person said RG is in a swamp like area in Aruba I don't know of any place like that on the eastern side of the island. It is very, very, very dry on that side. jmo

iirc I posted the link for the video of CJ, and just like eye witnesses, their memories are not always correct. jmo

Yes, you did post it
I recall thanking you for it

Was this the same person from Caylee's case as well??? And if this person said RG is in a swamp like area in Aruba I don't know of any place like that on the eastern side of the island. It is very, very, very dry on that side. jmo

I don't think it was the same psychic, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie