1123 users online (225 members and 898 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

ATLANTIC CITY SK case info of possib. interest to GB4 case

Found this March 8, 2012 newsreport concerning the weather on the days 3 of the AC victims disappeared.
    Kind of an odd (still interesting though) newsreport to pop up now 5-6 years after those murders hmm...wonder what that is all about?

As far as I remember, it was storm at one of days one of the GB4 victims disappeared, I think it was Amber Costello.
    I will check out the weather on the days all the GB4 disappeared, and post it here.

http://www.nbc40.net/news/21337/

METEOROLOGIST SAYS WEATHER COULD BE FACTOR IN 2006 MURDERS
    Jessica Klein ( jklein@nbc40.net) - 3/8/12 05:46 pm

ATL. CO. -- A well-known meteorologist says weather could actually have something to do with the murders of four prostitutes in the West Atlantic City section of Egg Harbor Township back in 2006.

Jim Eberwine, a now retired meteorologist who used to work for the national weather service, appeared on the Hurley in the Afternoon show on WOND radio Thursday. He says weather elements are critical to criminal cases, and he believes it's no coincidence that there were coastal storms on three of the four days when the victims disappeared.

The bodies of Kim Raffo, Tracy Ann Roberts, Barbara Breidor and Molly Jean Dilts were found on November 20th 2006, behind a strip of motels along the Black Horse Pike.

"I think if you look at crimes that too place over the years, you'll find a relationship between these kinds of conditions and killing people and dumping their bodies in places where you wouldn't have to worry about evidence," said Eberwine.

Headded that when there is bad weather, most people tend to stay inside so there usually aren't any witnesses to these crimes. Atlantic County Prosecutors says the case remains open and active.

http://www.nbc40.net/news/21337/video

Video on the subject
    Last edited by Theforeigner; 03-09-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Highlighted text
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me

If anyone already have weather info on the GB4 case please post it.

Here are the dates the GB4 disappeared:

Maureen Brainard-Barnes: July 9, 2007

Melissa Barthelemy: July 10, 2009.
    (some reports say she disappeared July 12th)

Megan Waterman: June 6, 2010,

Amber Lynn Costello: September 2, 2010
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me

Quote Originally Posted by Theforeigner View Post
    Found this March 8, 2012 newsreport concerning the weather on the days 3 of the AC victims disappeared.
    Kind of an odd (still interesting though) newsreport to pop up now 5-6 years after those murders hmm...wonder what that is all about?

As far as I remember, it was storm at one of days one of the GB4 victims disappeared, I think it was Amber Costello.
    I will check out the weather on the days all the GB4 disappeared, and post it here.

ATL. CO. -- A well-known meteorologist says weather could actually have something to do with the murders of four prostitutes in the West Atlantic City section of Egg Harbor Township back in 2006.

Jim Eberwine, a now retired meteorologist who used to work for the national weather service, appeared on the Hurley in the Afternoon show on WOND radio Thursday. He says weather elements are critical to criminal cases, and he believes it's no coincidence that there were coastal storms on three of the four days when the victims disappeared.

The bodies of Kim Raffo, Tracy Ann Roberts, Barbara Breidor and Molly Jean Dilts were found on November 20th 2006, behind a strip of motels along the Black Horse Pike.

"I think if you look at crimes that too place over the years, you'll find a relationship between these kinds of conditions and killing people and dumping their bodies in places where you wouldn't have to worry about evidence," said Eberwine.

Headded that when there is bad weather, most people tend to stay inside so there usually aren't any witnesses to these crimes. Atlantic County Prosecutors says the case remains open and active.

Video on the subject
    This would go along with some people's theory that he may have a job where he works outdoors. Perhaps he couldn't work due to weather conditions, which freed up his schedule for murder?

I will check out the weather on those days. Maybe it will jog my memory if there was a big storm or something approaching LI. Alot of times when we know of extreme weather approaching; LI goes into panic mode.

7/9/2007 - Severe T-Storms
    7/10/2009-Sunny
    7/12/2009-T Storms
    6/6/2010-T Storms
    9/2/2010-Rain

Very Weird. Construction jobs are often shutdown when it rains, especially jobs pouring concrete.

Video on the subject
    Makes sense to me. I've been posting weather conditions and moon phases of the dates last seen for awhile now. I'll try to find a link.

ETA this link is set to the date of Melissa's disappearance but can be reset for the last seen dates of all the victims. Scroll down for weather info, rainfall, etc.

hth and sorry I don't have the time to help research at this time.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...tename=NA&MR=1
    Last edited by waltzingmatilda; 03-09-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: ETA
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Quote Originally Posted by LINative13 View Post
    7/10/2009-Sunny
    7/12/2009-T Storms
    6/6/2010-T Storms
    9/2/2010-Rain

Very Weird. Construction jobs are often shutdown when it rains, especially jobs pouring concrete.
    Where did you get that? Wunderground only shows rain on 7/10/09

noaa.gov

Look in weather archives

possible heavy rain connection

The weather reports for Long Island in the summer months almost always have "possible thunderstorms" listed. We should be sure to check that there was actual heavy rain or storm events, not just reported.

Also, instead of speculating that he is a rain-dancer or concrete mixer, why are we not starting with what is known: that the girls were discarded in a drainage ditch. It could simply be that his strategy is to use running water to speed decomp and cleanse the body/crime scene right?

I'm barely catching up to this thread to bare with me.

Quote Originally Posted by LINative13 View Post
    7/10/2009-Sunny
    7/12/2009-T Storms
    6/6/2010-T Storms
    9/2/2010-Rain

These jobs also do not typically work on weekends also.

Here are the dates and days the GB4 and AC4 disappeared:

Maureen Brainard-Barnes: July 9, 2007 - Monday

Melissa Barthelemy: July 10, 2009 - Friday
    (some reports say she disappeared July 12th) - Sunday

Shannan Gilbert - May 2, 2010 - Sunday

Megan Waterman: June 6, 2010 - Sunday

Amber Lynn Costello: September 2, 2010 - Thursday?

Kim Raffo - found on a Monday, 11/20/06. Had been deceased a day or two - Sat./Sun.

TA Roberts
    MJ Dilts
    B. Breidor

The last three were never reported missing and when their bodies were discovered on 11/20/06 they were estimated to be deceased for up to a month.

Video on the subject
    Funny thing, but already Jack the Ripper liked nights with rain. It makes it hard to observe things. But then, old Jack probably had additional reasons. So this weather connection things are not that new.
    Sometimes, being a squirrel can be a real nutjob!

Quote Originally Posted by NoviceSleuth View Post
    These jobs also do not typically work on weekends also.

Here are the dates and days the GB4 and AC4 disappeared:

Maureen Brainard-Barnes: July 9, 2007 - Monday

Melissa Barthelemy: July 10, 2009 - Friday
    (some reports say she disappeared July 12th) - Sunday

Shannan Gilbert - May 2, 2010 - Sunday

Megan Waterman: June 6, 2010 - Sunday

Amber Lynn Costello: September 2, 2010 - Thursday?

Kim Raffo - found on a Monday, 11/20/06. Had been deceased a day or two - Sat./Sun.

TA Roberts
    MJ Dilts
    B. Breidor

The last three were never reported missing and when their bodies were discovered on 11/20/06 they were estimated to be deceased for up to a month.
    I discussed something similar to this a few weeks back in another thread. On 2 Sept (ALC) hurricane Earl was expected to make land fall on LI. It turned out it was the 3rd Sept.

There's a dark and stormy night in most horror stories. IMO, this is an angle worth consideration.

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

BROADCAST to FLUKE

<modsnip>.
    Last edited by Salem; 08-19-2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: do not talk about pm's in the threads please.

You may have better luck on the other site...

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast