877 users online (88 members and 789 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Hello all. I’m Nasty from the other site. I promise to be on my best behavior. Well, I have no choice anyway, the mods here will keep me in line. I’m not certain which thread is the best place to talk about this, so please pardon my confusion and move it to the place you think is best. It may be relevant to both the LISK and AC cases. It may be totally irrelevant to either case, but I’ve been itching to mention it here so here goes.
    This has to do with the James Patterson novel “Beach Road”, a book that a reporter had mentioned was found at the site of the Atlantic City victims.
    I’m an avid reader, but I tend to gravitate toward true crime and nonfiction. A friend of mine suggested that I read James Patterson’s novel “Private”. Anyone here who wonders if “Beach Road” was left by the killer should read “Private”. I don’t think you’ll be able to get past page 38 without thinking about the LISK case. Here are a few notes that I’ve jotted down that I found to be intriguing:
    p. 22. When a man is questioned about being responsible for a murder he answers with the response:
    “I can’t imagine this happening”.

p. 38. The killer(s) use an electronic filter to make taunting phonecalls to their victims.

p. 50. A hacker gets into his victim’s cellphone, figures out who she trusts, then uses technology to text her as her friend.

p. 117 A team of 3 killers tracking their victim via her cellphone using GPS.

p. 123 The killer took shoes as trophies.

I don't want to waste your time with nonsense, but so far (and I have a lot more to read as the book is 385 pages) there are a lot of questionable similarities. In my very humble opinion.

One more thing.
    In the book, the killers work as a team, abduct their victim, bring her to an isolated area and then HUNT her down for the thill of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Spade View Post
    Hello all. I’m Nasty from the other site. I promise to be on my best behavior. Well, I have no choice anyway, the mods here will keep me in line. I’m not certain which thread is the best place to talk about this, so please pardon my confusion and move it to the place you think is best. It may be relevant to both the LISK and AC cases. It may be totally irrelevant to either case, but I’ve been itching to mention it here so here goes.
    This has to do with the James Patterson novel “Beach Road”, a book that a reporter had mentioned was found at the site of the Atlantic City victims.
    I’m an avid reader, but I tend to gravitate toward true crime and nonfiction. A friend of mine suggested that I read James Patterson’s novel “Private”. Anyone here who wonders if “Beach Road” was left by the killer should read “Private”. I don’t think you’ll be able to get past page 38 without thinking about the LISK case. Here are a few notes that I’ve jotted down that I found to be intriguing:
    p. 22. When a man is questioned about being responsible for a murder he answers with the response:

p. 38. The killer(s) use an electronic filter to make taunting phonecalls to their victims.

p. 50. A hacker gets into his victim’s cellphone, figures out who she trusts, then uses technology to text her as her friend.

I don't want to waste your time with nonsense, but so far (and I have a lot more to read as the book is 385 pages) there are a lot of questionable similarities. In my very humble opinion.
    Hi Samantha Spade/ Nasty and welcome to the forum.

That is indeed interesting I must say, thank you very much for posting this.

Here is a link to the info that the book was found at the scene
    (Nasty please always remember to post a link to the original info that connect to the case):

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/22/ny...23slaycnd.html

The area where the women were found is strewn with trash. On Tuesday, the litter behind the Golden Key near the spot where the first body was found included an empty vodka bottle, a pair of black Jockey undershorts, a used condom wrapper and a battered copy of the James Patterson novel “Beach Road.”

Please keep posting when/if you find more in that James Patterson’s novel "Privat".

Theforeigner (Wondering from LISK.com)
    Last edited by Theforeigner; 03-11-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me

Deleeted by me Theforeigner due to that the info I posted was wrong.
    Last edited by Theforeigner; 03-11-2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Deleeted by me Theforeigner due to that the info I posted was wrong.

Last edited by Theforeigner; 03-11-2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Deleeted by me Theforeigner due to that the info I posted was wrong.

Private & Maxine Paetro

The Foreignor,

This novel that I'm reading by James Patterson is titled only "private", not "private games". The cover of the novel shows "James Patterson - Private - & Maxine Paetro"

The first edition is June 2010.

The Foreignor,

This novel that I'm reading by James Patterson is titled only "private", not "private games". The cover of the novel shows "James Patterson - Private - & Maxine Paetro"
    OK! interesting, could you please check out when it was published? It should be found at one of the first pages in the book.

Oh well, as a writer myself, I know too much about how those plots are constructed. It's a bit a la carte. And don't forget, for most of the similarities, it's more guess that LISK really used them, not proven fact or even something like circumstantial evidence.
    Sometimes, being a squirrel can be a real nutjob!

@The foreignor,

June 2010.

I haven't read any other novels by this author.
    But I believe one of the POI's in the Shannan Gilbert case has.
    And what particularly made the little tiny hairs on the back of my neck stand up were the words written on page 22 " I can't imagine this happening", which sounded hauntingly familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Theforeigner View Post
    Given, that a plot is created about 2-3 years before a book is actually on the market, it's impossible AC ewas inspired by it. Even LISK can't be inspired by it because his first victim as far as we know is from 2006. And Manorville started probably before 2000, that is like eight or ten books ago for Patterson.
    And yes, "Private" sounds a lot more like Sullivan which for me is not a problem, I like his voice.
    And on a sidenote: You know, there is no real "fiction" in novels. Especially thriller writers steal all the time from reality. Almost as much as TV show screen play writers.
    Sometimes, being a squirrel can be a real nutjob!

Very true Mr. Brendt.

The first edition is June 2010.
    Ok thanks, but then, STILL a problem to be an inspiration for the AC murders, possibly the other way around. Also the calling victims or their relatives, more likely the other way artound, due to that the calls to Melissa Barthelemy´s relatives was in July/Aug 2009.
    UGHH!, for a monment it sure looked promising, however still good catch Samantha Spade

But what case did James Patterson get his inspiration from?

Has anyone here ever read Beach Road?

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast