Woman missing for a month found with her cat :)

I know that my critters have been instrumental to me in surviving some severe emotional upheavals in my life...so I can easily see how this cat helped it's Mom.

It's a wonderful story all the way around...except for why they didn't go looking for her right away. That's a problem. But for her to have survived, and the kitty staying with her...yeah, that's a wonderful, powerful story of love.

Best-
Herding Cats

I wanted to come here and post about it this morning, but I need 50 posts. :)

Anyway, I wondered how her cat came to be with her. I mean, I know there is a small amount of people that 'walk' their cats, but its still a pretty unuusal thing to do isn't it? Also, why did she tell her family that she was going to Florida when she was actually off hiking? Was she just taking a temporary de-tour or was she thinking of doing herself harm or even going missing on purpose?

I am a bit puzzled by this whole story TBH.

what an odd odd story - she was only about a mile from a main trail...with a cat. That's just the oddest thing I've heard in a long time. but boy, I gotta love that cat!

I'm glad they were both found and are on the road to recovery.

Mel

Awww...what a great story! I know that whenever I am sick or have had surgery, my kitty will lay on me or next to me. It's like he just "knows".

Just saw this in the news today. Several articles mention the hiker had some type of mental illness, so it appears she wasn't thinking clearly.

Hopefully, she'll get some help and the police and park rangers will pay closer attention to checking cars left abandoned in the park.

Is is common for people to take their cats for walks in America? I just don't understand how the cat came to be there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back