732 users online (181 members and 551 guests)  

Websleuths News

Post Woman in SUV arrested after high-speed chase from West Sacramento to Sunol

By Robert Salonga, Contra Costa Times
    Posted: 03/09/2012 10:05:47 AM PST
    Updated: 03/09/2012 12:15:03 PM PST
    SUNOL -- A Placer County woman is in custody after leading California Highway Patrol officers on a harrowing high-speed chase from Yolo County, authorities said.
    The 100-plus mile pursuit started at 9:10 a.m. Friday on westbound Interstate 80 near Reed Avenue in West Sacramento, where officers tried to pull over a green 2005 Ford Expedition for speeding, said CHP Officer Steve Creel. The driver, 44-year-old Jennifer Zinn of Granite Bay, refused to yield.
    Speeds topped 100 mph as she led officers on a pursuit that traversed through Solano County and onto southbound I-680, where it crossed into Contra Costa County and eventually Alameda County, getting as far south as Auto Mall Parkway in Fremont.
    That's where Zinn exited and got onto the northbound lanes, making it to Andrade Road near Highway 84 in Sunol when around 10:25 a.m. her car was stopped by CHP spike strips. <snip>Creel said Zinn's reason for fleeing police was not immediately clear and will likely be kept confidential unless other charges are presented that might speak to motive. more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/news...-solano-county
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Am I the only one who wonders what people are thinking when they lead LE on a high-speed chase? Unless they get away in the first few minutes (before choppers and other units are engaged), do they ever actually escape?

Don't they know they are just racking up additional charges as they speed down the highway?

Eh, I'd do the same thing, if I were to run from a stop for whatever reason. Why not go as long as you can? You're already going to be charged, so what's a few more?

Quote Originally Posted by buffetoflies View Post
    Eh, I'd do the same thing, if I were to run from a stop for whatever reason. Why not go as long as you can? You're already going to be charged, so what's a few more?
    Well, speaking for myself only, I hope the "chasers" get a LOT more time. There's no excuse for endangering so many lives.

Hmmmm, just a few mph's more than the standard speed on much of that freeway...

From the hills to the east bay, let me think-- from drug lab to distribution point? I think there was probably more than a few ounces of reasons not to pull over.

I'm glad no one was hurt-- that's a miracle, really. I'm not Catholic and I often genuflect after driving some of that route!