890 users online (168 members and 722 guests)  

Websleuths News

Nearing 15th 'Phoenix Lights' anniversary, Fox10 baffled by 'explosion' on broadcast

The anniversary thing - tabloids love that sort of synchronicity - doesn't appear to be connected at all (though see "Phoenix Lights" [Wiki] for that quite interesting tale).

Unexplained 'Phoenix Lights' explosion caught live on news broadcast (Daily Mail)
    A Phoenix Fox 10 reporter for was in the middle of a traffic report when the a bright white explosion of light suddenly appeared in the distance behind her.

The strange blast was caught on tape and aired live during Andrea Robinson report, illuminated the sky for a split second.

News station employees initially thought the impressive explosion may have been a transformer.

But when FOX 10 checked with local utility providers APS and Salt River Project, they were told no transformers had blown in the area.

Officials in Phoenix have been left stumped by the incident.

And while the sudden bright explosion of light remains a mystery, it comes just days before the 15th anniversary of a famous UFO sighting in the city.
    ---
    more at Daily Mail link above
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33wST0WHuvM"]PHOENIX LIGHTS: Mysterious Light Flashes During Traffic in Phoenix?! - YouTube[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    The anniversary thing - tabloids love that sort of synchronicity - doesn't appear to be connected at all (though see "Phoenix Lights" [Wiki] for that quite interesting tale).

Unexplained 'Phoenix Lights' explosion caught live on news broadcast (Daily Mail)

more at Daily Mail link above
    PHOENIX LIGHTS: Mysterious Light Flashes During Traffic in Phoenix?! - YouTube
    Any theories ?

Quote Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
    Any theories ?
    No idea whatsoever. Possibly easily explainable. But not by me!

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    No idea whatsoever. Possibly easily explainable. But not by me!
    Probably something simple, but lets just pretend it's something exciting like a UFO landing or crashing while our government is hiding the truth from us ! I'm bored and I LOVE conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
    Probably something simple, but lets just pretend it's something exciting like a UFO landing or crashing while our government is hiding the truth from us ! I'm bored and I LOVE conspiracy theories.
    I love conspiracy theories as well, but this has to be something explainable.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite

Probably just some extremely fat college kid lighting his fart after a trip to Taco Bell. JMO

My guess is it's a flash from behind the screen. If it had actually been outdoors, with all that traffic, somebody would have reported seeing it. Since they say there haven't been any reports, you would then have to assume the flash came from within the building, not from outside.

Quote Originally Posted by MayraMM View Post
    My guess is it's a flash from behind the screen. If it had actually been outdoors, with all that traffic, somebody would have reported seeing it. Since they say there haven't been any reports, you would then have to assume the flash came from within the building, not from outside.
    I'm not sure about that. They use a green screen for those things and I think they're like a wall.

I've considered "Fox Network hijinx" (low-hanging fruit actually) but can't discern much of a prank advantage unless Phoenix is glued to its TV sets waiting for another silent "explosion" during the traffic update on Fox 10.