IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34

Attachments

• spierermap3.jpg
    spierermap3.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 213
Jupiter812's post copied from the previous thread

:praying:​
Hoping today is THE day.

Anything you've heard...a rumor, a theory....at a party, on a message board... call it in. They need to know what that something is. They can piece it together.

Bloomington Police Tip line– 812-339-4477

Beau Dietl Associates– 800-777-9366, www.investigations.com

Find Lauren– PO Box 1226, Bloomington, IN 47402

helpfindlauren@gmail.com

:heartbeat:

Does anybody happen to know if the alleged cell phone ping of JR's cell phone between 3 and 4 am june 3rd on a Martinsville cell tower tower is legit? Or is it just a rumor that has become quasi-fact? I have heard it from very early on in this case, including this forum and PT/HT/TG comments section. I just never heard if there was an actual coroboration or if that was just some pie in the sky fact-less rumor that people have ran with? I'm sure most of you have heard about that and we have covered cell phone ping's etc. several times. I just never got a straight answer on the JR cell ping info that has been flying around for the past 9 months. Any info is appreciated, thanks.

Does anybody happen to know if the alleged cell phone ping of JR's cell phone between 3 and 4 am june 3rd on a Martinsville cell tower tower is legit? Or is it just a rumor that has become quasi-fact? I have heard it from very early on in this case, including this forum and PT/HT/TG comments section. I just never heard if there was an actual coroboration or if that was just some pie in the sky fact-less rumor that people have ran with? I'm sure most of you have heard about that and we have covered cell phone ping's etc. several times. I just never got a straight answer on the JR cell ping info that has been flying around for the past 9 months. Any info is appreciated, thanks.

As far as I know, no cell phone info has been made public by any reliable source, i.e. LE or the media via LE. I think that a reporter or two may have posted something on a blog about pings, but again, as far as I know, nothing official has ever been said about any pings, from any phones.

Have we ever determined what vehicles JR or his guest may have had access to June 2nd 3rd and 4th? I know JR's vehicle was searched etc, but that is the last vehicle I would expect him to use to commit a major crime in. I dont think that he lacked common sense, but he cant have covered all his bases and I'm looking for where he may have slipped! The cell ping info is obviously a huge tool for LE and I am hoping there is more than that. I still believe that LE actually has alot to work with in this case, but obviously lacks a body and enough tangible cork-board type evidence to really turn the heat up. It's my opinion that if LE didn't have alot of info in this case they would be making more overtures and public pleas for information as they did in the infancy of this case.

Have we ever determined what vehicles JR or his guest may have had access to June 2nd 3rd and 4th? I know JR's vehicle was searched etc, but that is the last vehicle I would expect him to use to commit a major crime in. I don't think that he lacked common sense, but he cant have covered all his bases and I'm looking for where he may have slipped! The cell ping info is obviously a huge tool for LE and I am hoping there is more than that. I still believe that LE actually has a lot to work with in this case, but obviously lacks a body and enough tangible cork-board type evidence to really turn the heat up. It's my opinion that if LE didn't have alot of info in this case they would be making more overtures and public pleas for information as they did in the infancy of this case.
I agree. The pleas for information are only from the Spierer's to the person(s) responsible.
There was a rumor that JR's car was not available (in the shop?) that night, but I've never seen that information in the mainstream media. There are so many questions about this case that a reporter at the IDS or HT could address. The fact that those questions have NOT been answered in the MSM makes me think that 1) LE is not releasing ANY information that could prejudice a jury and 2) LE may have asked the local media to stop investigating.

Does anybody happen to know if the alleged cell phone ping of JR's cell phone between 3 and 4 am june 3rd on a Martinsville cell tower tower is legit? Or is it just a rumor that has become quasi-fact?
I'm pretty sure the rumor came from here, in a post that has since been removed. I can't remember who posted it though. I believe the poster claimed they heard it from someone involved in the search, but that was never verified..? I don't think I ever read this in an MSM article. Maybe someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

Jacobite also posted about the ping with the added caveat that weather conditions IIRC could've caused a ping from that tower. IOW it was inconclusive.

But I have no idea where Jacobite got that info. I don't know exactly how the technology works but I'm skeptical that weather conditions would force a Martinsville ping if the Bloomington tower(s) were working properly considering JR should be in downtown Bloomington at that time and not just in the Bloomington area.

Unless something official is said then I remain skeptical of the whole idea of a Martinsville ping being anything but rumors. Only if something like Jacobite said about weather conditions actually making it inconclusive would I see a scenario where LE would have a ping that discredits a POI's alibi and them not use it like a jackhammer. And then I wonder about how likely weather conditions could cause something like that considering JR is supposed to have been downtown.... an area that I assume is very well covered with cell service.

I'd like to hear more on the technical end of how possible that is.

Jacobite also posted about the ping with the added caveat that weather conditions IIRC could've caused a ping from that tower. IOW it was inconclusive.

But I have no idea where Jacobite got that info. I don't know exactly how the technology works but I'm skeptical that weather conditions would force a Martinsville ping if the Bloomington tower(s) were working properly considering JR should be in downtown Bloomington at that time and not just in the Bloomington area.

Unless something official is said then I remain skeptical of the whole idea of a Martinsville ping being anything but rumors. Only if something like Jacobite said about weather conditions actually making it inconclusive would I see a scenario where LE would have a ping that discredits a POI's alibi and them not use it like a jackhammer. And then I wonder about how likely weather conditions could cause something like that considering JR is supposed to have been downtown.... an area that I assume is very well covered with cell service.

I'd like to hear more on the technical end of how possible that is.

I found this site to show cell phone towers that are registered with FCC. Put in city and state and it will show where they are located.

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/

Without knowing who JR's cell service is with, don't know how we would know which tower was used. I have read that not all cell services share towers.

I heard about the ping and so did another person on this forum. We think our source was the same but the person was not willing to talk about it again. It could be because it is indeed a rumor or the person was asked not to speak about it again. The source is in a position to be privy to information, so I believed it for a while. But I have long since closed that file and now believe it to be a rumor.

I came across this video several days and learned something extremely interesting. Blair says she never met CR. The news woman asks Blair if she ever heard Lauren mention CR before. Blair answers, "No." Blair was Lauren's roommate (not sure if past or at the time) and childhood friend since they were 9 years of age!

I believe without much hesitation that if Lauren had any designs on CR she would have shared this with Blair. For me, this clears Lauren of having any romantic interest in CR and makes her motivation for being with him as a source of party favors. This is a huge shift for me.

[video=youtube;tuE5RZfMeQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuE5RZfMeQE[/video]

This is such a sad case. Hope they find her to give her family some peace.

Sent From My Android Using Tapatalk

I came across this video several days and learned something extremely interesting. Blair says she never met CR. The news woman asks Blair if she ever heard Lauren mention CR before. Blair answers, "No." Blair was Lauren's roommate (not sure if past or at the time) and childhood friend since they were 9 years of age!

I believe without much hesitation that if Lauren had any designs on CR she would have shared this with Blair. For me, this clears Lauren of having any romantic interest in CR and makes her motivation for being with him as a source of party favors. This is a huge shift for me.

Friends of Missing College Student Lauren Spierer Share About Close Relationship - YouTube
Considering LS had a boyfriend (who appear to be well liked by her friends), she might have not wanted to tell her friends about her design on other men.

Remains Found Near Newton, IL at State Crime Lab
By: Tom McClanahan
Updated: March 12, 2012

Human remains were found over the weekend near Newton, Illinois.

Local police were alerted by someone walking in a remote area who discovered a human skull.

The remains were found less than a half mile east of Illinois 130 just northeast of Newton.

http://mywabashvalley.com/fulltext?nxd_id=236762

Considering LS had a boyfriend (who appear to be well liked by her friends), she might have not wanted to tell her friends about her design on other men.

That is what I've figured all along, until now. Gals that age who are that close don't keep guy stuff secret . I can see that she would keep drug experimentation secret though.

The fact that one of her girlfriends didn't know CR-I don't read anything into it at all. She met him quite recently, she had a boyfriend, and that in itself could rule out her telling everybody about CR regardless of her age.

That is what I've figured all along, until now. Gals that age who are that close don't keep guy stuff secret . I can see that she would keep drug experimentation secret though.

IDK, I think she might have kept guy stuff secret if she knew her friend(s) wouldn't approve of the guy (maybe because of drugs, even). I've seen it happen with girls who have more than one friend group, as a way to avoid drama (which usually backfires).

I don't think LS was interested in CR, necessarily ... just that she might not have shared it if she was. But she must have considered him a friend to follow him out of SW after the attack, unless there was a different motivation. Did she follow him because she was worried about him or angry about the attack ... or because they had other plans? ???

Just an FYI:

Remains Found Near Newton, IL at State Crime Lab

[Sheriff Ed Francis] has received inquiries from a few communities who are investigating missing persons.

They include Bloomington, Indiana police who continue their search for missing IU coed Lauren Spierer.
http://mywabashvalley.com/fulltext?nxd_id=236762

The skeletal remains were located a half mile east of Illinois 130 northeast of Newton.

The fact that one of her girlfriends didn't know CR-I don't read anything into it at all. She met him quite recently, she had a boyfriend, and that in itself could rule out her telling everybody about CR regardless of her age.

According to this article, CR was also a friend of HT's.
http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pr...ate-landfill-search-iu-fall-semester-starting

I don't think LS had anything prearranged with CR, but I do think that the evening started getting strange when CR came into the picture. And I still have far more questions than answers.

LS left Smallwood with DR to go to JR's about 12:30. Those guys would have been known to BW as well as HT. While she was at JR's, CR came over. Then CR and LS went to Kilroy's. This is where things start getting strange. CR and LS both had priors for illegal consumption. I don't know CR's age at the time, but LS was under 21. But they took the risk of going to the bar even when they could have partied privately at JR's. Then they stay at Kilroy's about 45 minutes, and LS (who allegedly never went anywhere without her cell phone) leaves without her shoes and cell phone. Why the hasty exit??? Or did they leave without the shoes and cell phone because someone moved them? My guess is that someone they wanted to avoid came in (excise police, probation officer, friend of JW, etc.).

Then they go back to Smallwood and get as far as the 5th floor when CR gets punched. There have been allegations that the person who punched CR was a friend of JW's and there have been allegations that this person was ZO, but I don't think anyone has found a connection between JW and ZO.

By this time Lauren is allegedly in bad shape. How many drinks was she served at Kilroy's in 45 minutes??? Or was she under the influence of something else as well?

You can enter that address ^ into the Monroe County GIS in the address field and see if you recognize the owners' names. Closest property address is 2650 owned by two different people. Photo of one house is shown; the other parcel may be land only.

http://monroein.egis.39dn.com/#
The tract on which the point in question is located (53-06-22-400-03.000-003) was purchased by non-resident lumber men from the nearby farmer (53-06-22-100-003.000-003) in April last year. It is private property, in case anyone gets the notion to go exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth