Page 3 of 132 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Maybe we should contact the parents with these coordinates? I think they would push LE into searching... JMO

Also, I rounded out the last digits and came out to the other side of the road from the cemetery: 39°20′24″N 86°39′14″W

Do not know how to do a link to the map. Just use google maps.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janeumayer For This Useful Post:

Hi guys! I'm a first time poster to the LS board and a relatively new member of WS, but a LONG time lurker. I usually don't get insanely interested in missing persons cases. Mainly because there's often times no promises of new information after a certain time and sometimes no resolution. However, Lauren's disappearance is captivating in the worse sense of the term between the perfect set of bad circumstances and the eerie silence that's not very prevalent among the public whereas they usually want to do what they can to help. I'm only older than LS by a year and I can't imagine how terrible it would feel to be in her (or her family's) position and not have a single friend who would be willing to put themselves through the ringer to ensure my safe return. It's heartbreaking in more ways than one, but that bothers me the most.

Anyways, I don't have much to offer to the discussion that could possibly bring some new insight on this case. I just hope she's found soon (alive and well, preferably) for the sake of everyone that's involved.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shotgunhomicide For This Useful Post:

While i'm thinking of it, does any of the locals know if the coordinates to that area near the water has been searched for evidence? It seems like an awfully strange (and specific) comment to make if the commenter didn't have some kind of information that we do not.
    Last edited by shotgunhomicide; 03-14-2012 at 04:38 AM. Reason: clarify

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shotgunhomicide For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Janeumayer View Post
    Maybe we should contact the parents with these coordinates? I think they would push LE into searching... JMO

Also, I rounded out the last digits and came out to the other side of the road from the cemetery: 39°20′24″N 86°39′14″W

Do not know how to do a link to the map. Just use google maps.
    The coordinates were given by rokinuplate in decimal degrees. Converting to degrees, minutes, seconds requires conversion.

http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/audio/b...S-decimal.html

The decimal degree coordinates given are for the location in the ravine shown on the previous page, assuming a NAD83/WGS84 projection. If you look closely on Google Earth, you'll see a private road going part of the way up the ravine from North Brummetts Creek Road ending near some structures less than 1/4 mile from the point in question.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hillside For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunhomicide View Post
    Hi guys! I'm a first time poster to the LS board and a relatively new member of WS, but a LONG time lurker. I usually don't get insanely interested in missing persons cases. Mainly because there's often times no promises of new information after a certain time and sometimes no resolution. However, Lauren's disappearance is captivating in the worse sense of the term between the perfect set of bad circumstances and the eerie silence that's not very prevalent among the public whereas they usually want to do what they can to help. I'm only older than LS by a year and I can't imagine how terrible it would feel to be in her (or her family's) position and not have a single friend who would be willing to put themselves through the ringer to ensure my safe return. It's heartbreaking in more ways than one, but that bothers me the most.

Anyways, I don't have much to offer to the discussion that could possibly bring some new insight on this case. I just hope she's found soon (alive and well, preferably) for the sake of everyone that's involved.
    Welcome! I agree, it's definitely disturbing how the people with LS that night haven't stepped up. My daughter is younger than LS (high school sophomore), and it's changed the way we discuss who she hangs out with and where. "Will they have your back?" is a big question for me. I like to think most will, but I realize that's not always the case.

The set of circumstances here (a "perfect storm," as you note) could have been altered at so many points: if Sports hadn't kicked LS out (which they allegedly did), if someone had stopped her from following CR out of SW, if JR hadn't let her leave alone so late and w/o a phone (which he claims he did). I guess that one bothers me the most ... and makes me wonder.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

What do you all think about the fact that a commenter posted those coordinates?

Does "rokinuplate" mean anything? Is it an anagram?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post

We may be following a lead that could originate from a bored Australian trying to start a wild goose chase. Rokinuplate hides his identity well. He appears to live in Sydney and have an interest in fashion, cologne, body building, music, and tattoos. I wouldn't be pursuing this lead if not for the following post on June 2, 2011:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Discuss:Wh...or_british_sas

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hillside For This Useful Post:

IDK, maybe it's straightforward ... rokin up late, i.e., rocking, up late. I'd say he's young, based on youtube stuff, and likes to mess around on-line, i.e., he called a blue-eyed blonde in a youtube video "sexually arousing." I found that kind of creepy ... though he might have been going for humor, based on the context.
    Last edited by imkeylime; 03-14-2012 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typo

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Just to clear the air, I am the one who started the Rokinuplate talk. I noticed his comment, or lack of comment, posted on that video. It just stood out to me that there were no words, just numbers.

Even if he's in Australia, the fact that those coordinates are 20 miles from Bloomington, I cannot and will not let that go. You don't just pick a spot on a map and make that comment on on of millions of videos on YouTube.

I can't find any ties between rokinuplate to anything or anyone regarding that case. But the bottom line is, it's just too close not rule out. Find answers now, ask questions later.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to elmorejames For This Useful Post:

bumping from the beginning of the thread.

Anything you've heard...a rumor, a theory....at a party, on a message board... call it in. They need to know what that something is. They can piece it together.

Bloomington Police Tip line– 812-339-4477

Beau Dietl Associates– 800-777-9366, www.investigations.com

Find Lauren– PO Box 1226, Bloomington, IN 47402

helpfindlauren@gmail.com

You've got a good eye, Elmore James.

I don't recall that area as one that was previously searched, unless it was done privately.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elmorejames View Post
    Just to clear the air, I am the one who started the Rokinuplate talk. I noticed his comment, or lack of comment, posted on that video. It just stood out to me that there were no words, just numbers.

Even if he's in Australia, the fact that those coordinates are 20 miles from Bloomington, I cannot and will not let that go. You don't just pick a spot on a map and make that comment on on of millions of videos on YouTube.

I can't find any ties between rokinuplate to anything or anyone regarding that case. But the bottom line is, it's just too close not rule out. Find answers now, ask questions later.
    He doesn't seem to show up on the phish board, but I did find an on-line post where he calls cocaine "a hell of a drug," for whatever that's worth. IDK if it's even the same guy, but the user name was the same. It's definitely a weird thing ...

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hillside View Post
    We may be following a lead that could originate from a bored Australian trying to start a wild goose chase. Rokinuplate hides his identity well. He appears to live in Sydney and have an interest in fashion, cologne, body building, music, and tattoos. I wouldn't be pursuing this lead if not for the following post on June 2, 2011:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Discuss:Wh...or_british_sas
    Hi, Hillside. It's nice to have you posting with us. Welcome.

I read all of the new posts late last night, and did some searching around, myself. The poster who left the comment has a good bit of exposure on the web, as you've noted, and I think could be ID'd rather easily by anyone with the right capabilities IF it's the same person using that handle. That leaves me with some reservations about the post because it's not exactly "anonymous". I don't think it should be dismissed, however, just find that part odd.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elmorejames View Post

I thought of some possible ties over lunch but only in terms of a few posters' names here that relate to former rule of Australia.

The location is a good one. Easy drive out of Bloomington on SR 45 or SR 46 but easy to get lost once you're there and need to drive on a side road, like Hash Rd for example.

If you use the street view and click the Google arrow and continue north or south from the coordinates you can see what a vehicle would drive through. The foliage in June would be the same too--lots of it. It's only 10-12 miles from Bloomington though.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Hi, Hillside. It's nice to have you posting with us. Welcome.

I read all of the new posts late last night, and did some searching around, myself. The poster who left the comment has a good bit of exposure on the web, as you've noted, and I think could be ID'd rather easily by anyone with the right capabilities IF it's the same person using that handle. That leaves me with some reservations about the post because it's not exactly "anonymous". I don't think it should be dismissed, however, just find that part odd.
    Thank you, Bessie. I've started posting because I do a lot of mapping professionally and hope to be able to contribute something to the search even though I no longer live in Bloomington.

If you convert the decimal degree coordinates to degrees, minutes, seconds you get 39° 12' 8.535" -86° 23' 29.0364". The Monroe County assessor's records show the address of the farm on the west side of the road across from where the ravine ends on the east side as 3333 Brummetts Creek Road. Here's an aerial of the ravine and a photo of the house across the road at that address. As I mentioned earlier, a private drive goes up the ravine a ways. It's a plausible location that would have taken a sadly misguided effort to dream up if it's a hoax.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24963956/Ravine.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24963956/333...eek%20Road.jpg

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hillside For This Useful Post:

Has anyone considered trying to contact the rockin up late person and asking about the info...?
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 132 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast