1412 users online (336 members and 1076 guests)  

Websleuths News


Page 51 of 132 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 1971
  1. #751
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryVeritas View Post
    Wait a minute.

    Someone posts a link here which is to an HT Blog, where someone posts a rumor and then you comment on it like it's a proven fact?

    That would probably qualify as MISINFORMATION. <modsnip>

    JR is quoted as saying that LS had her SW keycard AND her Fake ID at his place before she was supposedly last seen by him. There has been no substantiated or official statement about her SW Keycard or Fake ID being found. If so, let's see it. If her ID had been found at 12th street that would be huge news. The what happened to LS compass is pointing to a square block bordered by 10th, College, 11th, Morton, and so far there is nothing to disprove that. And for me personally, it's pointing to 10th and College.

    I think Jupiter182 asked about entrances to 10th and college. I'm sure that CR knew them all, he just seems like that sort of guy. I'm particularly curious of any entrances that avoid the alley cam, but come from north or east or go directly into a parking garage (still hoping someone can confirm where the parking garage is and where the entrance / exits are.
    There are conflicting accounts about just about everything including Lauren's condition. I really don't know who to believe. Try to solve this puzzle by adding links to a chain won't work. Try to build theory upon theory, huh.
    Build upon a bad foundation and the whole thing will collapse.

    I'm using a different method and my method works for me. It's called the big picture. Opportunity is the key for who, what, where, why, how, and etc.
    I prefer doing to talking. And, I've been known to walk out of boring meetings at my own corporations because discussions are a waste of time. I'm ready to go look for Lauren and leave the others looking for her key card. After Lauren is found everyone will be singing like a bird.
    We'll get the itty bitty details then.
    Last edited by Jacobite; 06-12-2012 at 10:13 AM.

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    -Metro NYC
    Posts
    4,458
    But where to look, where is Lauren?

    On the one hand, the way she is so well hidden makes it look like it was something planned, or a random attack.

    If done by those around her, spur-of-the-moment; they did not have much time to plan, which should be good thing, unless they were very lucky (don't like saying it that way!).

    Without much time, I lean to what's been mentioned that she was simply stashed away in a open construction pit, and by chance wasn't seen and is now beneath concrete or building structure...

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573
    There is something I feel really needs said here. i took the time to do the legwork and track down someone who knew Corey Rossman. Someone who had heard his version of the story. Here's part of it. Corey wanted to be the protector that night. He wanted to be the hero. He tried to be the good guy. But, he was punched out of action. Lauren came knocking on his door and she asked him to accompany her to the bar. At the bar, they felt they were being watched and being set up. At Smallwood they were ambushed.
    Corey was beat up. Lauren did not go to her room because she did not want to. She would not go home. She could not go home. Lauren and Corey did not call police to report the assault because the police would have arrested everybody. Lauren and Corey feared the police mistakenly more than they feared evil itself.
    So, I had this info. Maybe, I was also the person who could have made a difference. Maybe, I could have broke the ice and got Corey to speak with Lauren's parents. Sometimes, just one person can make a difference. And, maybe this is the truth. The truth is what we seek in the end.

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    But where to look, where is Lauren?

    On the one hand, the way she is so well hidden makes it look like it was something planned, or a random attack.

    If done by those around her, spur-of-the-moment; they did not have much time to plan, which should be good thing, unless they were very lucky (don't like saying it that way!).

    Without much time, I lean to what's been mentioned that she was simply stashed away in a open construction pit, and by chance wasn't seen and is now beneath concrete or building structure...
    Maybe, this case was always very simple. Who has a boat and a lake to carry out the legend? I've now connected an Indiana POI to two lakes in Indy.
    Maybe it was that simple all along. Maybe, no one connected the dots and searched the right lake.

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    -Metro NYC
    Posts
    4,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
    There is something I feel really needs said here. i took the time to do the legwork and track down someone who knew Corey Rossman. Someone who had heard his version of the story. Here's part of it. Corey wanted to be the protector that night. He wanted to be the hero. He tried to be the good guy. But, he was punched out of action. Lauren came knocking on his door and she asked him to accompany her to the bar. At the bar, they felt they were being watched and being set up. At Smallwood they were ambushed.
    Corey was beat up. Lauren did not go to her room because she did not want to. She would not go home. She could not go home. Lauren and Corey did not call police to report the assault because the police would have arrested everybody. Lauren and Corey feared the police mistakenly more than they feared evil itself.
    So, I had this info. Maybe, I was also the person who could have made a difference. Maybe, I could have broke the ice and got Corey to speak with Lauren's parents. Sometimes, just one person can make a difference. And, maybe this is the truth. The truth is what we seek in the end.
    Wow! You would make a great PI!
    It seems it would be in Lauren's parents interests to reach out to Corey and somehow assure him that they will not bring him into civil court if he provides more info. Perhaps if this could be offered to others as well, one-by-one those who are not involved could be weeded out?

    Why couldn't Lauren go back to her room, what did she fear?

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
    There is something I feel really needs said here. i took the time to do the legwork and track down someone who knew Corey Rossman. Someone who had heard his version of the story. Here's part of it. Corey wanted to be the protector that night. He wanted to be the hero. He tried to be the good guy. But, he was punched out of action. Lauren came knocking on his door and she asked him to accompany her to the bar. At the bar, they felt they were being watched and being set up. At Smallwood they were ambushed.
    Corey was beat up. Lauren did not go to her room because she did not want to. She would not go home. She could not go home. Lauren and Corey did not call police to report the assault because the police would have arrested everybody. Lauren and Corey feared the police mistakenly more than they feared evil itself.
    So, I had this info. Maybe, I was also the person who could have made a difference. Maybe, I could have broke the ice and got Corey to speak with Lauren's parents. Sometimes, just one person can make a difference. And, maybe this is the truth. The truth is what we seek in the end.
    Thank you for this. I think it is possible that CR is being misunderstood.

    If CR's amnesia was fictional, why would he claim he doesn't remember? Would it be because of what or who he fears?

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    But where to look, where is Lauren?

    On the one hand, the way she is so well hidden makes it look like it was something planned, or a random attack.

    If done by those around her, spur-of-the-moment; they did not have much time to plan, which should be good thing, unless they were very lucky (don't like saying it that way!).

    Without much time, I lean to what's been mentioned that she was simply stashed away in a open construction pit, and by chance wasn't seen and is now beneath concrete or building structure...
    I think it is easy to get lucky and not being able to find the body doesn't necessarily mean she is well-hidden. On days I procrastinate from my schoolwork (currently writing dissertation ) I have scrolled through many cases here. There are tons where a body wasn't found right away despite the drunken fools who "hid it" just dumping it randomly out in the open somewhere. Like, literally not even hidden under anything and within 10 miles of the abduction site/house/whatever. There are also literally hundreds of pages of missing people who have never been found. Sure, some are well-hidden or perhaps voluntarily missing, but I am sure a good other chunk just happen to be laying out somewhere and no one has stumbled over the body yet.
    There are acres upon acres upon acres of woods, water, and random structures in the immediate area. Lauren could literally have been dumped somewhere in the woods out in the open or in an abandoned shed and for some reason God just hasn't thought it time for us to find her yet.


    I guess if you think about how tiny a body is (especially Lauren's) and how big the world is it makes sense.


    On another note, I am just no longer believing she walked away from CR/JR's complex. Not sure where exactly to go from there because accepting that premise opens up a can of worms of who knew, why, how, and where.

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    797
    Amnesia is usually the first step in an insanity defense (or temporary insanity). It shows a mental disconnect with earlier actions. So, if someone has watched enough TV they might try and play that card hoping they don't get caught, and assuming if they do that card will mitigate the punishment.

    So that is one reason why he'd claim amnesia.

    But just because there's a reason one would claim amnesia without it being true doesn't mean it's the case here. Clearly, people have blacked out from drugs and drinking, from concussions, and even from legitimate mental issues.

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,752
    Quote Originally Posted by akh View Post
    Amnesia is usually the first step in an insanity defense (or temporary insanity). It shows a mental disconnect with earlier actions. So, if someone has watched enough TV they might try and play that card hoping they don't get caught, and assuming if they do that card will mitigate the punishment.

    So that is one reason why he'd claim amnesia.

    But just because there's a reason one would claim amnesia without it being true doesn't mean it's the case here. Clearly, people have blacked out from drugs and drinking, from concussions, and even from legitimate mental issues.
    I realize that and we have pretty much discussed that ad nauseum. I was trying to get at who and what he fears...I guess the short answer is something along the lines of a drug dealer and all that that entails.

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,991
    I grew up in an area around where Lauren was from. Still have friends up there. The impression that I get from talking to them is that they really think this was an abduction. Supposedly there's been lots of them in Indiana or so I've been told. Maybe it can be as simple as that...some random sicko harmed Lauren.


  11. #761
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    Thank you for this. I think it is possible that CR is being misunderstood.

    If CR's amnesia was fictional, why would he claim he doesn't remember? Would it be because of what or who he fears?
    I wonder what the PI's claim that ZO told CR to take LS to her room is based on. Unless there are other witnesses, once CR claimed amnesia, it cleared the way for ZO and Co. to say whatever they wanted, since LS is missing and CR can't counter one way or another (unless he gets his memory back).

    From other interviews, I get the feeling that CR wasn't highly regarded by everyone on campus. Maybe because he's cocky and goes after other guy's girls? Also, maybe he owed a DD money or something. While the POIs are reportedly well off, they may still have budgets to operate within.

    I also wonder what the interactions at the Indy 500 were like ... I believe there was an altercation involving ZO there as well.
    Last edited by imkeylime; 06-12-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: clarity

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryVeritas View Post
    Maybe he did. We don't know who the other call was too, nor which call was made first. Maybe he did call HT and no answer so then tried DR. I think you make a good point here. If the call was to HT and DR. Then this would give some weight to that theory that JR was checking to see if she made it.

    On the other hand, if this other call was to someone who is more on the shady side... then it leans more towards JR's direct involvement.
    One reason I doubt that the second call was to HT is that she shares so many details supporting JR's story and includes a remark like " and I believe him". Why not tell the interviewer that she has an unanswered call on her phone supporting the story.

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
    There are conflicting accounts about just about everything including Lauren's condition. I really don't know who to believe. Try to solve this puzzle by adding links to a chain won't work. Try to build theory upon theory, huh.
    Build upon a bad foundation and the whole thing will collapse.

    I'm using a different method and my method works for me. It's called the big picture. Opportunity is the key for who, what, where, why, how, and etc.
    I prefer doing to talking. And, I've been known to walk out of boring meetings at my own corporations because discussions are a waste of time. I'm ready to go look for Lauren and leave the others looking for her key card. After Lauren is found everyone will be singing like a bird.
    We'll get the itty bitty details then.
    I have a general question about buying drugs in college. Is it common to call your dealer on a phone that is not the same one he calls home to his mother on? Do casual drug dealers have two phones just to keep that life separate?

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by holly2325 View Post
    I have a general question about buying drugs in college. Is it common to call your dealer on a phone that is not the same one he calls home to his mother on? Do casual drug dealers have two phones just to keep that life separate?
    I might be naive but I think some of the drug dealer theories veer a little into "TV land" and not really cemented in reality. Not to say something drug related couldn't be what happened, but I don't think any of the common PsOI would be operating at the levels where conspiracies, separate phones, and really really bad guys would be. I think if they were at those levels that would've quickly came undone and that would be the leverage LE would use to lock them up and throw away the key if they didn't start talking.

    In fact, if one of them had a problem I cannot imagine a scenario where anyone up the foodchain would help them at all. They would want to disassociate from that ASAP, not tie themselves in deeper. I don't see someone getting help, I see them being cut loose and on their own.

    Again, I'm not saying drug dealing/supplying couldn't somehow be a factor, I just don't think if any of these guys had a problem there would be any vast drug dealer network ready to step in and help them clean up the mess.

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    139

    Role of cel phone on casual drug distribution

    Hey can any of you college students or recent grads help me understand this.

    1. Do students telephone their requests to the guy with the drugs or are all requests made in person?

    There were no cel phones when I was in college. My friend, a good looking guy and excellent student didn't have the family means to pay full tuition. He sold drugs from off campus housing to earn enough money to stay in school. People who wanted to buy drugs befriended his closest circle to gain an invitation to his house. I don't think any first time buyers called him on his land line but I think established ones did and spoke kind of in code to see what he had.

    2. Does this casual type of distributor order and arrange delivery by cel phone?
    I was there sometimes when his source delivered as I was best friends with his gf. The source guy was not shady at all. Nice clean cut guy a little older than us, never went to college and worked a day job somewhere locally. I got the impression that these two tried to stay off the phone as they talked about how much next time and which day to deliver. When I try to project this into the present I see my friend buying a go phone at a big box store to make these kinds of arrangements more efficient and ditching it if he sensed he was under investigation. Or do you think this is still done verbally?

    My questions do not necessarily imply that I see one of the POI's in this role.
    Thanks
    holly

Page 51 of 132 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #22
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Lauren Spierer
    Replies: 803
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 03:33 AM
  2. Replies: 621
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 04:33 PM
  3. Replies: 639
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 09:32 AM
  4. IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #11
    By bessie in forum Lauren Spierer
    Replies: 737
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 12:05 PM
  5. Replies: 541
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 01:16 PM

Tags for this Thread