770 users online (94 members and 676 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 8 of 132 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast
    The fact that they state they did find additional evidence, and are still considering that Lauren cannot be ruled out is kind of scary...not sure if it is telling or not, but it is a more serious possibility, IMO...
    Just my opinion, of course.

http://www.wthr.com/story/17322804/b...lts-on-il-body

It is not LS according to the above...

The condition in which a loved one or a loved one's remains is found...how horrific it would be for the kin. I'm glad the Spierer's didn't have to get this news, but so, so sad for the family. I hope it wasn't a child.

The remains are those of a male. BPD could still be interested since Joey Giza might have been in that area.
    http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=10467.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ros View Post
    The remains are those of a male. BPD could still be interested since Joey Giza might have been in that area.
    http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=10467.0
    Wow! I must admit that I found your post difficult to believe at first. But, this
    guy was hitch hiking to Illinois from Bloomington. So, it is quite possible.
    Also, interesting, he was into the Moe, Leftover, Dead, Phish scene. Wonder
    who were his friends in Bloomington? He went missing almost exactly 2 years before Lauren Spierer.

Good to have confirmation. Hope they identify who it is so someone can have closure soon.

Thinking of Lauren as another holiday passes and hoping for some closure for her family and friends. IDK what I wished for in terms of the unidentified body, TBH. At this point, I guess I just wish for a solid lead. PS: Hello to all!

Quote Originally Posted by imkeylime View Post
    Thinking of Lauren as another holiday passes and hoping for some closure for her family and friends. IDK what I wished for in terms of the unidentified body, TBH. At this point, I guess I just wish for a solid lead. PS: Hello to all!
    Another holiday passes and the next milestone is the end of the semester and graduation for some. Doesn't it seem like just yesterday that we were all abuzz about all the boys returning in fall?!

Hi back to you...hope you're having a fine springtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
    Wow! I must admit that I found your post difficult to believe at first. But, this
    guy was hitch hiking to Illinois from Bloomington. So, it is quite possible.
    Also, interesting, he was into the Moe, Leftover, Dead, Phish scene. Wonder
    who were his friends in Bloomington? He went missing almost exactly 2 years before Lauren Spierer.
    FWIW I went back and read the original IDS article and they do not name his friends. I didn't find him here on WS either.

Snipped:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    Another holiday passes and the next milestone is the end of the semester and graduation for some. Doesn't it seem like just yesterday that we were all abuzz about all the boys returning in fall?!
    Yes! Times flies by. I would have thought if any of the POI's were involved something would have been picked up by the PI's by now... but maybe it was a case of extreme luck for them, otherwise I'm thinking something random, or crime of opportunity... (Doesn't leave much else, unless you believe in alien abduction )

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Snipped:

Yes! Times flies by. I would have thought if any of the POI's were involved something would have been picked up by the PI's by now... but maybe it was a case of extreme luck for them, otherwise I'm thinking something random, or crime of opportunity... (Doesn't leave much else, unless you believe in alien abduction )
    I respectfully disagree with this likely being a random abduction or crime of opportunity. I have posted several times about this on here. I believe that LE has the right POI's, in all likelyhood there's probably more likely 2 or 3 unamed suspects that BPD have been zeroed in on for quite sometime now. I believe that the fact that we haven't had an arrest or arrests in this case as of yet has vastly more to do with a lack of body (tangible forensic evidence), motive and or issues of provability without a body in the case, than it has to do with a complete lack of direction by investigator's. Pretty hard to derive new information though from people who are stone-walling behind high priced legal council.

Now I am not a detective, nor a prosecutor, or any kind of expert when it comes to such things, but based on what we know of the nights events, timing, circumstances, unique variables and probability. I would say that there is a very very slim chance that this was done by a complete stanger/ random abduction senario, maybe about a 1 percent chance that the perp/perps isn't already known to LE and investigators, but as with any case of this nature they are notoriously difficult to solve without a body or clear tangible evidence.

Regardless of any of this, lets hope for a break in the case and closure for the friends and family soon!

Happy Easter Lauren!

snipped:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mophebius View Post
    I respectfully disagree with this likely being a random abduction or crime of opportunity.....
    Enjoyed reading your thoughts on this!
    Problem I have with the POI's is motive, though something accidental could have happened.
    The majority of abductions involve sex, especially when there is no husband involved in a divorce, control freak boyfriend, etc....

I really wanted to believe the POI's were innocent. But, they refused to sit down with Lauren's parents. This was so cruel that it has made them look suspicious. And, yes they do have motive. Lauren Spierer was moving on with her life and was telling a whole group of people good-bye. JEALOUSY, Lauren had some real connections. She was majoring in fashion for a reason. It was no joke. I promise she was not going to be working in the women's clothing department at Walmart. She was reaching for the top and was going to make it. Now, I can't say for sure that all the fighting and drama that went on the last 2 weeks before June 3 has anything to do with her disappearance? But, it just might.
    I hope her family finds the answers very soon and that Lauren gets to go home and those responsible for this go to prison for a long time.

Motive is a tricky thing for me. We don't know everything that was happening behind closed doors and there is also no way to know if one of them is a closet psycho. Not every person with violent or sadistic tendencies shows it especially since all the POIs (at least that we know of) are really young. This isn't a 55 year old that may have suddenly snapped, but 18-22 year olds.
    But, of course, there could be some other circumstances that may have led to this happening without the person necessarily being a sadistic psychopath. We just don't know and both types of cases have happened before.

Mildly graphic content in this next part so skip if you want
    I think most people have eliminated this as a possibility, but I still think it is possible she ODed and the perp didn't speak up because he gave her drugs, he roofied her, and/or they had sex so he knew it was or would look like rape. I think most people think a man would just call the cops or an ambulance in that situation, but it may look differently to a young 20 something guy who has just sold cocaine, roofied someone, and/or had sex with her right before she died. I would actually LOVE to eliminate this possibility because it literally makes me that angry to think about, but I still think it is one possibility among many.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyline View Post
    Motive is a tricky thing for me. We don't know everything that was happening behind closed doors and there is also no way to know if one of them is a closet psycho. Not every person with violent or sadistic tendencies shows it especially since all the POIs (at least that we know of) are really young. This isn't a 55 year old that may have suddenly snapped, but 18-22 year olds.
    But, of course, there could be some other circumstances that may have led to this happening without the person necessarily being a sadistic psychopath. We just don't know and both types of cases have happened before.

Mildly graphic content in this next part so skip if you want
    I think most people have eliminated this as a possibility, but I still think it is possible she ODed and the perp didn't speak up because he gave her drugs, he roofied her, and/or they had sex so he knew it was or would look like rape. I think most people think a man would just call the cops or an ambulance in that situation, but it may look differently to a young 20 something guy who has just sold cocaine, roofied someone, and/or had sex with her right before she died. I would actually LOVE to eliminate this possibility because it literally makes me that angry to think about, but I still think it is one possibility among many.
    Sometimes (including now) I wonder if the perp here isn't someone once removed, i.e., someone who knew the primary POIs but isn't one. For example, maybe someone in the group who accosted CR at SW wasn't doing it on JW's behalf, but because he himself was interested in LS. If that was the case, that person might have ended up at 5 North, wondering what LS was doing with CR, and waited. I realize this is speculative, but I still wonder what the motivation behind the fight at SW was all about. Did someone dislike CR because he cheated someone out of $$$, for example, or because he was hitting on LS? I've heard rumors of the latter, but why not just call JW if it was about LS and him?

Page 8 of 132 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast