Page 8 of 132 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast
    I just cannot believe this would be her, but that is probably the part of me speaking who really doesn't want this to be her. I am also interested that they are having to wait for DNA to prove it either way. Usually some clothing or the general size/hair left/gender or dentals seal the deal a lot faster. I wonder if it was a partial find or if it really is a smallish female and that is why they cannot rule her out immediately.
    Not sure what I believe this means for the investigation if it is her. Would depend on pings, previous history, schedules, etc. I know some of the potential POIs left very soon after her abduction and I have always thought that more people were involved than just one person so it doesn't rule out someone she knows being involved at all for me.
    I also wonder what the "other evidence" is-hopefully some sort of nice little DNA from the suspect wrapped up somehow.
    If it isn't Lauren it is someone though Sad.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darcyline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    Oh dear. I was starting to look at close-up maps when I came across this article from March 12 about the find. It includes some details I've not read before. So heartbreaking to consider no matter who it is.

http://mywabashvalley.com/fulltext?nxd_id=236762
    If this is Lauren? I think the BPD had the wrong POIs.
    If they have the right POIs? This is not Lauren.

This was a gruesome murder.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jacobite For This Useful Post:

I don't know, I feel like it could be Lauren and the POIs could have been involved somehow. We're not too far from the location, relatively speaking. Heading west 100 miles doesn't seem like it's too far out of the realm of possibility if a body needed to be disposed of. I hope it's Lauren, we're coming up on Passover this week which is a major Jewish family holiday. I hate being away from home, but at least I have the option to be with my family for Passover.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alliecog For This Useful Post:

100 miles round trip could take 3 hours. It is further than I imagined, but not out of the realm of possibility. Let's say she is gone by 4 and then a trip would have someone back by 7-8. Is it impossible that they wouldn't be seen? No cameras would catch them. People?
    It would take some luck, but I won't dismiss it outright especially since I am not sure what we know about the POIs. Technically, we don't even know the majority of the POIs known to LE. I have heard conflicting reports on who had guests, how many, alibis, travel schedules, and whether certain individuals had cars or not for the POIs we have named.
    If this is her I am praying someone was dumb enough to leave some sort of evidence that was somehow maintained over the last year. Like, DNA left behind from someone who has a record of some sort and is already in the system would be nice. That, or LE knows something we don't that would implicate someone.

I guess we wait for official results now. Someone's family should get closure from this though.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darcyline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post

This was a gruesome murder.
    What are you basing that on?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to akh For This Useful Post:

The fact that they state they did find additional evidence, and are still considering that Lauren cannot be ruled out is kind of scary...not sure if it is telling or not, but it is a more serious possibility, IMO...
    Just my opinion, of course.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

http://www.wthr.com/story/17322804/b...lts-on-il-body

It is not LS according to the above...

The condition in which a loved one or a loved one's remains is found...how horrific it would be for the kin. I'm glad the Spierer's didn't have to get this news, but so, so sad for the family. I hope it wasn't a child.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

The remains are those of a male. BPD could still be interested since Joey Giza might have been in that area.
    http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=10467.0

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ros For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ros View Post
    The remains are those of a male. BPD could still be interested since Joey Giza might have been in that area.
    http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=10467.0
    Wow! I must admit that I found your post difficult to believe at first. But, this
    guy was hitch hiking to Illinois from Bloomington. So, it is quite possible.
    Also, interesting, he was into the Moe, Leftover, Dead, Phish scene. Wonder
    who were his friends in Bloomington? He went missing almost exactly 2 years before Lauren Spierer.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jacobite For This Useful Post:

Good to have confirmation. Hope they identify who it is so someone can have closure soon.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darcyline For This Useful Post:

Thinking of Lauren as another holiday passes and hoping for some closure for her family and friends. IDK what I wished for in terms of the unidentified body, TBH. At this point, I guess I just wish for a solid lead. PS: Hello to all!

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imkeylime View Post
    Thinking of Lauren as another holiday passes and hoping for some closure for her family and friends. IDK what I wished for in terms of the unidentified body, TBH. At this point, I guess I just wish for a solid lead. PS: Hello to all!
    Another holiday passes and the next milestone is the end of the semester and graduation for some. Doesn't it seem like just yesterday that we were all abuzz about all the boys returning in fall?!

Hi back to you...hope you're having a fine springtime.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
    Wow! I must admit that I found your post difficult to believe at first. But, this
    guy was hitch hiking to Illinois from Bloomington. So, it is quite possible.
    Also, interesting, he was into the Moe, Leftover, Dead, Phish scene. Wonder
    who were his friends in Bloomington? He went missing almost exactly 2 years before Lauren Spierer.
    FWIW I went back and read the original IDS article and they do not name his friends. I didn't find him here on WS either.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Snipped:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    Another holiday passes and the next milestone is the end of the semester and graduation for some. Doesn't it seem like just yesterday that we were all abuzz about all the boys returning in fall?!
    Yes! Times flies by. I would have thought if any of the POI's were involved something would have been picked up by the PI's by now... but maybe it was a case of extreme luck for them, otherwise I'm thinking something random, or crime of opportunity... (Doesn't leave much else, unless you believe in alien abduction )
    "oldsteve" - no relation to anyone outside this forum. My posts not to be used/quoted outside of Websleuths.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 132 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast