Fin

Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/cases/873umns.html

The following information was taken from DoeNetwork:

Unidentified Male

•The victim was discovered on October 9, 2004 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
•Estimated Date of Death: Circa 10 days prior to discovery
•Skeletal Remains

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 18 - 23 years old
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'10"-5'11"; 160 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: African and European ancestry. He may outwardly look like he's of black African ancestry, but he may actually be of mixed ancestry. He had both ears pierced, wore his hair in dreadlocks and had a small beard. He had a fractured bone in his left leg that didn't heal properly; he either didn't get medical care or took a cast off before it healed. His nose was bent slightly to the left. He had an athletic build.
•Dentals: He had an overbite.
•Other: The man had no identification, airline tickets or drugs on him.
•Clothing: He was found wearing a multicolored dress shirt, a grey Emilio sweater, Lee jeans and new Timberland boots. Nearby police found a Dorcy flashlight and a McKinley backpack containing neatly folded clothes. A pair of glasses were found near the body. The glasses are Italian-designed Dolce & Gabbana.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The victim was located near the Halifax International Airport on October 9, 2004.

He was found behind the Petro-Canada near Highway 102 in a wooded area. Police don't suspect foul play.

I have always felt this man is American...

873UMNS2.jpg
simpson_prentiss.jpg

http://doenetwork.org/cases/images/873UMNS1.jpg
873UMNS1.jpg

why does it say skeletal remains, and then that he had died only approx. 10 days prior?

Would a body decompose that quickly in 10 days? (I have no idea). Nova Scotia occasionally can have some hot days in October, but it is usually sweater weather in October. It certainly is NOT freezing...ever in October. There is no mention of eye color so I suspect/guess there was advance decomposition. Perhaps another member would know more about decomposition rates?

Would a body decompose that quickly in 10 days? (I have no idea). Nova Scotia occasionally can have some hot days in October, but it is usually sweater weather in October. It certainly is NOT freezing...ever in October. There is no mention of eye color so I suspect/guess there was advance decomposition. Perhaps another member would know more about decomposition rates?

Yes, a body can decompose in 10 days, especially if animals are involved.

If you wouldn't mind, take a look at this man as a possible match

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3012/20

Looks pretty good. Height is right. Glasses are similar, facial shape is right.

He's a little older than the age estimate. But I've seen errors in estimated age before. There is a 2 1/2 year lag in the timeline, but there's nothing in the circumstances to suggest foul play in Florida.

Hi fin & carlk, thanks! I was wondering if it was a typo. I know there are coyotes in Nova Scotia, there was a young woman killed by them a couple years ago.
So this man was biracial, had an improperly set broken leg at some point in his past, and he never had orthodontic work. JMHO, wouldn't those points suggest the West Indies? Aren't some of those nations still part of the British Commonwealth, just like Canada?
(i think citizens of the commonwealth nations can travel to other member nations relatively freely).
What does everyone think?

Hi fin & carlk, thanks! I was wondering if it was a typo. I know there are coyotes in Nova Scotia, there was a young woman killed by them a couple years ago.
So this man was biracial, had an improperly set broken leg at some point in his past, and he never had orthodontic work. JMHO, wouldn't those points suggest the West Indies? Aren't some of those nations still part of the British Commonwealth, just like Canada?
(i think citizens of the commonwealth nations can travel to other member nations relatively freely).
What does everyone think?

Canada doesn't have a revolving door policy for those from other countries that still pledge allegiance to the British monarchy. It wouldn't matter what country you come from, you pass through customs just the same way as everyone else, if that's what you are asking.

Canada doesn't have a revolving door policy for those from other countries that still pledge allegiance to the British monarchy. It wouldn't matter what country you come from, you pass through customs just the same way as everyone else, if that's what you are asking.

Hi Dewey-
Thats exactly what I was thinking. If he was from Jamaica or Barbados or the Bahamas, and he was in Canada for education or work and all his family are overseas, it would explain why he wasn't reported missing, or why no one has identified him. Thanks for clearing that up!

I stumbled across this man's photo and I was drawn to his ear size. It reminded me of this UID from Halifax. It seems this man may have been last seen in 1998 or 1988 (article is conflicting) but he was only reported missing last month in December 2012. The height is right, plus the African connection, he has been known to wear dreadlocks and glasses. However, the age is an issue.
Ugandan_Diaspora_featured_article_Lost_Ugandan_00.jpg

http://www.ugandandiasporanews.com/...ting-a-lost-ugandan-last-seen-in-boston-1998/

What about Terrance Deon Williams as a match?

http://http://charleyproject.org/cases/w/williams_terrance.html

He fits timeline - disappeared earlier in year than when John Doe was found, appearance is similar (stats match fairly closely, mixed ancestry,same hairstyle and beard, Very similar clothing, ALSO seems to have slightly crooked nose mentioned in John Doe profile) Circumstances may also match - He might be lying low - perhaps he fled to Canada? It is not mentioned that the John Doe has gold caps but they may have been lost postmortem as teeth often are.

fa476db7-37c5-4dc8-99a8-80c8f793e910_zps45260336.jpg

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/...-after-he-was-found-dead-near-halifax-airport

He wore glasses, had an overbite, broke his left leg once and has been dead and unidentified for more than 10 years... Police haven’t said how he died, but Cheeseman said there was no sign of foul play and it is ruled not suspicious. He would not say whether a weapon was found at the scene...

In the days after his death, police checked airport security videos, as well as those from the gas station and a Tim Hortons franchise across the street, but were unable to advance their case. Police haven’t been able to find out if the man ever visited the airport, Cheeseman said...

Cheeseman said it’s possible the man was a student or may have been a visiting farm labourer. “That time of year … we do have seasonal workers enter the province.”

Oct. 9 2014

" A pair of Dolce and Gabbana prescription glasses and a McKinley backpack containing a number of clothing items were found near his body.

Police say some of the items in his backpack, such as a Madrid football jersey, indicate he may have been from Europe.

“I know they weren’t able to be purchased in Halifax,” says Cheeseman, referring to the glasses.

He says someone matching the man’s description was seen at the airport in 2004, but that there was nothing to indicate whether he had just arrived in Halifax.

Anyone with information on the man’s identity is asked to contact police".

Read more: http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/halifax-...-near-airport-in-2004-1.2047052#ixzz3K1mprZyY

This man hits me as having had money, maybe being from an upper-class home, and was studying abroad or just traveling to see new sights.

The "Madrid" jersey caught my attention - maybe he was from the Canary Islands or Equatorial Guinea, African locales with a history of Spanish rule (so Spanish football teams would still be popular). That might also explain the probability of mixed ancestry, too.

He might also be from Europe and have West African relatives. A lot of families with money in West African nations will send their children to study in Europe, Canada, or the US.

Just thinking out loud...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back