AL AL - George James, 22, Montgomery, 23 Nov 1998

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
I didn't seem to easily locate a Doe Network entry for George.

George's Charley project entry:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/james_george.html

George's NamUs profile:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2511/82/

Dental: available to be entered later
DNA: sample submitted/tests complete
Fingerprints: available elsewhere

case report:
James was last seen in Montgomery, Alabama on November 23, 1998. He had an argument with his mother and left her home angrily. His car was found broken down on Interstate 65 near Evergreen, Alabama, over 80 miles from his mother's home, later that day. Witnesses say they saw James make a telephone call at a nearby convenience store. has never been heard from again. He was carrying somewhere between $6,000 and $14,000 in cash on him when he disappeared; a married girlfriend had allegedly given him the money so he could move away and start a new life.
Authorities initially believed James traveled to Florida or to Mobile, Alabama after his disappearance and sought work in the construction industry, but now he is considered a probable homicide victim. He has a criminal record and once served time in prison for burglary. His case remains unsolved.

(Note: on the NamUs profile there are several pictures of George, they appear to be family photos and one in which he is a boy of 9 yrs old, that touched my heart. Prayers for his family. They must miss him so much.)

Come home soon.

Picture from first link embedded in this post. Charley Project

Attachments

• james_george.jpg
    james_george.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 14
George's mother tells her story, complete with names and details:

We know who killed him. We know he is dead. My sons and I were close. Some years before we met their adoptive dad (my husband) we lived in a car. We have seen some very rough times. My son would have contacted one of us were he alive. We have been told the same story, no variations in the story from countless people who were around at that time.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-553449

still missing: http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...seen-them-police-search-missing-men/94607774/

George Erick James was last seen at the age of 22 on Nov. 23, 1998, leaving his mother’s residence in Millbrook and was seen in Montgomery, thereafter.

James is described as 6 foot, one inch tall and weighing 170 pounds. James has the following tattoos: A picture of a lighthouse on his chest, a skull on the right side of his neck, and the words Brick and Robin on his right arm.

The photo is from circa 1998. It was first thought James had traveled to Florida or Mobile, but there haven’t been any confirmed sightings of him. James would be 40 years of age now.

poor george must be dead... his mother misses him an argument cannot end in a disappearance...
wherever you are rest in peace

The Vanished Podcast just released an episode about George's Disappearance.
I listen to The Vanished episodes each week, this one for some reason really broke my heart. His poor mom..

1658157572096.png
22-year-old George James was last seen by his family on November 23, 1998. He argued with his mother at her Millbrook, Alabama, home and stormed off. Something seemed to be weighing heavily on George, like he needed to escape some sort of danger. George’s mother, Tillis, was confused by this interaction but never imagined this would be the last time she would ever see her son. As the days passed with no word from George, Tillis reported him missing. And since that day, she has never stopped searching for her son.

If you have any information about the disappearance of George James, please contact the Montgomery Police Department at 334-625-2532.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back