1553 users online (283 members and 1270 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Offender information for Jason Young

link: http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/...lts&listpage=1

Completely curious, but does anyone have any inside information or ideas why Jason Young's other sister didn't testify?

Quote Originally Posted by Luna24 View Post
    I agree...maybe his family could have done him some good by discouraging the behavior instead of embracing it with cute little "imp" names.

I wonder if imp is a word used in the South because I never heard anyone use that word in the Northeast.
    I've lived in NC all my life -- not in the mountain/west area, however -- but in the Triangle and a bit south of that. "Imp" is not a part of the lexicon in the Triangle or in the more southern or coastal areas, as far as I know.

I feel sure that JY's mom thought about her testimony beforehand, and decided that the word "imp" was innocuous, light-hearted, and not negative-sounding when she talked about those little cute things that he did. I still do not understand why in the world she used the mooning-his-grandmother (of all people -- why not his poor sisters instead?) incident. What was she thinking?

But, IMO, "imp" is not an oft-used word here in NC.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky89 View Post
    Jason Young remains in Central Prison, waits for assignment

By: Dane Huffman | NBC17.com
    Published: March 13, 2012 Updated: March 13, 2012 - 3:11 PM

link: http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2012/mar/...en-ar-2037762/
    Isn't that special: the state of NC will likely accommodate his geographic preference so his mother can visit him more conveniently.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky89 View Post
    Offender information for Jason Young

link: http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/...lts&listpage=1

Thanks, Lucky -- I checked his info earlier this week and saw that now, nearly all the info the public is allowed to see has been updated to his profile. Two things that are still incomplete are his Next Control & Next Custody Review dates -- those should be set pretty soon, too. Time will pass and his "Current Location" may change -- but only after he is actually there, since the DOC does not "advertise" any future movement, for obvious reasons; if he breaks an infraction rule (is this likely for JY? -- we'll see), the date and type of infraction will be posted -- and if it is bad enuff, his location could temporarily changed to admin-segregation (solitary).

By the time there are any significant changes for this prisoner, we probably will have moved on to the next NC defendant and look for that one's info on this site. Yes, for many of us, JY will be a flash in the pan of horrific criminals.... There are just too, too many of them...

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    I've lived in NC all my life -- not in the mountain/west area, however -- but in the Triangle and a bit south of that. "Imp" is not a part of the lexicon in the Triangle or in the more southern or coastal areas, as far as I know.

I feel sure that JY's mom thought about her testimony beforehand, and decided that the word "imp" was innocuous, light-hearted, and not negative-sounding when she talked about those little cute things that he did. I still do not understand why in the world she used the mooning-his-grandmother (of all people -- why not his poor sisters instead?) incident. What was she thinking?

My husband refer's to the grandson's as *the wrecking crew*. I often times tell them 'you are sassy sassy boys', but always with a teasing voice. :-) They used to take delight in peeing on granny's fence out back behind the papa's workshop. But those days are long gone now that the twins are six.

Thanks, Lucky -- I checked his info earlier this week and saw that now, nearly all the info the public is allowed to see has been updated to his profile. Two things that are still incomplete are his Next Control & Next Custody Review dates -- those should be set pretty soon, too. Time will pass and his "Current Location" may change -- but only after he is actually there, since the DOC does not "advertise" any future movement, for obvious reasons; if he breaks an infraction rule (is this likely for JY? -- we'll see), the date and type of infraction will be posted -- and if it is bad enuff, his location could temporarily changed to admin-segregation (solitary).

By the time there are any significant changes for this prisoner, we probably will have moved on to the next NC defendant and look for that one's info on this site. Yes, for many of us, JY will be a flash in the pan of horrific criminals.... There are just too, too many of them...
    I wonder why Brad Cooper is still at Central Prison?

Not a clue about BC still at CP. I "heard" that there was talk of suicide when he first got there -- don't remember where or whom or when. If that's so, that could be why -- or it could be a fake-out by him so that he can stay in the Raleigh area.... parent visits/RDU? local friends --> does he have any? -- or he actually could be exhibiting some kind of deficit that would require him being near the health/mental health professionals there -- I have no real idea -- that's all can offer.

Me too living in NC all my life. Not to argue with you because I had never heard of an 'Imp' before I got to high school. That is when our football team played the Cary Imps... and we lost, dang it. So maybe that is where they got it.
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

Quote Originally Posted by dgfred View Post
    Me too living in NC all my life. Not to argue with you because I had never heard of an 'Imp' before I got to high school. That is when our football team played the Cary Imps... and we lost, dang it. So maybe that is where they got it.
    I thought you were joking around!

http://www.ihigh.com/caryhighimps/
    Justice for Caylee

"We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

I can't imagine anyone not finding 'peeing on a friends carpet' as anything but extremely rude to say the least. Mooning grandma at 14? Also rude. After having had three girls myself, I discovered little boys, particularly in the potty training stage, seemed to take great delight in peeing outside. But as I said, once they got the *potty part* down to a science, my daughter let them know 'we don't pee outside when there is a toilet available in the house.' The rules change when they are out camping in the mountains. Can't say as I've ever heard IMP either in my many years in the south, nor back in the midwest either.

The dictionary says Imp: A little devil or demon, an evil spirit.

Use in a sentence,

So this may be a good time to celebrate the imp of mischief who ladles out practical jokes as an antidote to stress.

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    I heard the word imp from childhood (growing up in the N.E.). Not a new word to me.

I don't think BC was actually suicidal, but the way I heard it, he was in the mental ward at first. However, that may be where they place all new LWOP/high profile inmates upon arrival, as a safety precaution and during initial intake & testing or if they are concerned someone could possibly be (suicidal). It doesn't necessarily mean someone is (suicidal).

Now if they stay in the mental ward beyond an initial period of time, then one can assume it's for a reason. But that wasn't the case in his situation.

Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    The dictionary says Imp: A little devil or demon, an evil spirit.

Use in a sentence,

So this may be a good time to celebrate the imp of mischief who ladles out practical jokes as an antidote to stress.
    It also says
    BBM

imp (mp)
    n.
    1. A mischievous child.
    2. A small demon.
    3. Obsolete A graft.
    tr.v. imped, imp·ing, imps
    1. To graft (new feathers) onto the wing of a trained falcon or hawk to repair damage or increase flying capacity.
    2. To furnish with wings.

imp   [imp] Show IPA
    noun
    a little devil or demon; an evil spirit.
    a mischievous child.

Archaic . a scion or offshoot of a plant or tree.
    Archaic . an offspring.
    Last edited by SteelerGirl43; 03-15-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: .

I'm from Ohio and my mom used the term - it was a loving way to call your child a devil (i.e. not truly evil, but devilish in an innocent childish way). I don't think my mom would have used it at 14 ... 4 yes. Mischievous child fits the bill!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast