1277 users online (229 members and 1048 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Gary, Skeletal remains in woods, Mar'12 - Not human

Gary police are investigating human bones that were found near a wooded area Saturday.

A man found the bones while walking in the woods near Chase Street between 36th and 37th streets. He called police, who secured the area.

Police said the bones appear to belong to a child but they can say little else about the discovery right now.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=8577039

<snip>
    King said no other information on the exact type of bones or how many there are is available because the site had to be immediately secured for University of Indianapolis Anthropologist Stephen Nawrocki. She said Nawrocki has been notified and will return to the city Monday.

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/1121935...g-in-gary.html

Very little information available about this find. I thought I'd start a thread even though it appears they might not be certain these are human remains, since this is the second find of skeletal remains in Gary this month. Some photo's of the location found at above links.

Only the one MSM article mentions an LE statement about a child. Other MSM seems to refer back to the above posted article when suggesting these remains may belong to a child.

I saw this and my thoughts immediately went to the Bradley sisters missing since July 2001 from the south side of Chicago.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-12-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Forensic anthropologist: Remains found in Gary not human

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,7998750.story

Staff report
    11:00 a.m. CDT, March 12, 2012

A forensic anthropologist called in to inspect skeletal remains discovered over the weekend in Gary, Ind., found they were not human.

Glad to know this was resolved so quickly. summer_breeze, thank you for all the updates you have been providing lately here in the UID forum. They have not gone unnoticed and I appreciate it very much!
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.