FL - child forced to kneel for 10 days

Sickening! :furious: I hope these two get the proverbial book thrown at them.

But how are these monsters related to the boy and the 9 year-old girl? Grandparents? Foster parents? It's really not clear in the article.

ETA: Just noticed in the comments section that these losers are the boy's grandparents.

What more can we say? It is just a parade of cruelty and stupidity. What kind of world is it where making a kid kneel for 10 days is actually mild on the abuse scale, compared to the horrific beatings and murders we read about here every day? How can we help make this stop??? I am so sick of reading about it and I want to DO something to eliminate it. But I can't imagine how.

What I want to know is....What were the consequences for NOT kneeling?

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...g-grandson-to-kneel-for-days-face-new-charges

Couple accused of forcing grandson to kneel for days face new charges

In court today, Albert Cusson and his wife, Nancy, both took a turn before a judge -- Nancy was in a wheel chair.

The judge set bond at $30,000 and ordered that upon their release, they are not to be around children.

Later in the day -- after the Cusson’s appearance in court -- new charges were filed against the couple for the same type of abuse on the boy’s sister.

"And he was whipped on top of all of that," said Sheriff Judd. "There's not adequate words to describe my anger and frustration at these two people."

"We’re going to charge them with everything we can possibly criminally charge them with," said Judd. "Because they deserve it."

What I want to know is....What were the consequences for NOT kneeling?

http://www.theledger.com/article/20120308/NEWS/120309416?p=1&tc=pg
Affidavit: Couple Forced Teen to Kneel for 9 Hours Straight

Albert Cusson and Nancy Cusson, both of 12217 Old Dade City Road, are accused of forcing the 13-year-old boy to kneel for nine hours a day on a hard bathroom floor with his hands behind his back. When they caught him moving, they beat him, deputies said.

When deputies found him, the boy had red marks on his back from Nancy Cusson, 47, hitting him with a stick when she caught him moving, deputies said.

His knees were blistered and he was in visible pain when he walked.

Albert Cusson, 57, said when he was young his father would punish him in the same manner.

A second charge for a 9 year old girl who was also forced to kneel for 2 days has been filed on this couple.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...g-grandson-to-kneel-for-days-face-new-charges

Couple accused of forcing grandson to kneel for days face new charges

My 'favorite' quote from the article

Department of Children and Family spokesperson Carrie Hoeppner would not comment on how many complaints have been filed on the Cussons but did reveal more information on their grandson.

"The child in this case has been diagnosed with some profound mental health issues," she said. "But regardless, there's no excuse."

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...kneel-for-days-face-new-charges#ixzz1ovNtnBU1

IOW they aren't going to say how many times they left the kid with the grandparents, but they will give out his medical/mental health info in a heartbeat.

I do wonder how much of his "mental health problems" stem from abusive grandparents and abandonment by the parents.

And to think someone thought they would make better parents than Grandparents . . . wow if Gpa Cussons didn't see anything wrong with the way he was parented, as he endured the same thing. Hmmm . . . did your child endure the same thing? I wonder if these are Maternal or Paternal Grandparents. Did they adopt the children or were they wards of the State placed with family, or did the parents do a 3rd party guardianship? How were they able to keep the kids and isolate them so much . . . homeschool - no friends for the kids . . no visits w/bio parents or other family members?

Not buying the punishment because he (Gpa) was subjected to it. It was just plain abuse. Mixed a meal all together in shake form and made them both sleep in the bathtub. No wonder the child has mental problems. Poor little guy, I'm so glad he ran away to save himself and his sister.

WHY don't people like this give the children up to the authorities if they don't want to care for them? Would they be getting some sort of support payments for the children that they didn't want to part with?

Poor sweet babies...of course they have mental health issues...they are victims of abuse. I think these two should be made to kneel for one year for every single day they did this and be flogged. People would stop this chit if the consequences were more severe.

Discussion on HLN Dr. Drew tonight with the Cusson's Atty saying "We don't know both sides of the story . . . don't jump to conclusions".

Didn't the child welfare authorities break HIPPA laws by relating that info on the boy?

This is the link to FL Clerk of Court records and family records

http://www.polkcountyclerk.net/recordsearch.aspx?id=244

:maddening: :banghead: :maddening:

The article says the teen was home schooled at a place the deputies refused to disclose. I thought when you were home schooled that you were schooled at home?

I seriously doubt there was any home schooling going on. :cow:

Discussion on HLN Dr. Drew tonight with the Cusson's Atty saying "We don't know both sides of the story . . . don't jump to conclusions".

:what: Cusson's Atty: His opinion doesn't matter a hill of beans to me! I have looked at enough court records today to get the picture, and it is not pleasant!! I will watch Dr. Drew's program On Demand cable to obtain any additional information ... another family history of dysfunction and abuse.

Didn't the child welfare authorities break HIPPA laws by relating that info on the boy?

I thought that also!

:eek:nline: The Polk County Court records (link provided above) is where I sleuthed and will be doing more tomorrow. I plan to post some more tomorrow ... I'm seriously braindead right now! :thud:

why? Why are so many of our beautiful children being abused in such horrific ways? Maybe more education at school to speak up would help. But of course these "home schooled" children are isolated more than others.

I wish I had a magic wand to take away all the horrible pain these little ones are going through.

MOO

Melanie

:frown: The photos shown in the above news link (Post #1 in this Thread) are of the grandfather and his new bride of about a year. Grandmother and aunt live in the neighborhood.

My 'favorite' quote from the article

IOW they aren't going to say how many times they left the kid with the grandparents, but they will give out his medical/mental health info in a heartbeat.

I do wonder how much of his "mental health problems" stem from abusive grandparents and abandonment by the parents.

Also the implication that it is more understandable that they abused a person with mental health problems, "but still".

Not buying the punishment because he (Gpa) was subjected to it. It was just plain abuse. Mixed a meal all together in shake form and made them both sleep in the bathtub. No wonder the child has mental problems. Poor little guy, I'm so glad he ran away to save himself and his sister.

WHY don't people like this give the children up to the authorities if they don't want to care for them? Would they be getting some sort of support payments for the children that they didn't want to part with?

Plus, who would they be able to sadistically torture if they gave the kids up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back