FL FL - Ruskin, WhtMale Skeletal UP52, 30-50, brought home by dog, Jan'06

Fin

Reaction score
From the Hillsborough Medical Examiner Office-01/02/2006 case 0600026
Warning: composite recon at site:
http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/medexam/about/unidentified.cfm

skeletal remains/partial skull; w/m; 30-50 y/o; estimated stature=72" (+/- 3/4"); left femur with healed fracture; tooth #19 w/model yellow gold inlay/outlay; #14 appears to have had a full crown preparation; healed clavicle fracture; left malformed foot d/t healed fractures.

Here's the side-by-side of Delbert Arnold David with the recon image:

2107929840045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
david_delbert.jpg

I'd say you could be on to something.

David was last seen in 1994 in Fort Walton Beach, FL. The UID was found in 2006 in Ruskin. According to Bing maps, that's 454.6 miles, or 6 hours, 43 minutes worth of travel time. I think that moving nearly 7 hours away would be sufficient if one wanted to start over.

The FDLE site says he was retired USAF. Don't know if that helps with anything though.

I tried to email the contact at Fluid database but my email bounced back with out of office reply notice. Does anyone have a free long distance plan that would be interested in calling this one in?

I tried to email the contact at Fluid database but my email bounced back with out of office reply notice. Does anyone have a free long distance plan that would be interested in calling this one in?

I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

I sent an e-mail to Amanda Whidden of the Hillsborough Med Examiners Ofc.

Such a great resemblance ... you'd need to ask a lot of questions around the circumstances of Delbert's disappearance, his medicals/dentals etc. but it looks so promising. Height is right, too. The glasses must have been found with the body, so it's likely that if this is a match, Delbert died soon after his disappearance; it seems to be a stretch that, even if he had no money, he'd be able to keep hold of the same glasses for up to 12 years (or even more if that's not a recent photo)

There is definitely a resemblance between the reconstruction and Delbert beyond the glasses; so if this is a match, that is great work by the artist.

I never received a reply from Amanda Whidden, so I just re-sent the submission.

Carl,

If you don't hear back again from Amanda Whidden, maybe you should contact the contact listed on Delbert's Charley page, the Okaloosa County Sheriff's office. The number listed is 1-850-651-7410. I looked to see if Delbert is listed in NamUs, he isn't.

This has to be a match!!!

Another reconstruction image from Namus.

David and the other reconstruction are eerily alike. The chin looks different in this other one.

I called the Okaloosa County Sheriff's office, and talked to a woman detective. She says the detective in charge of Delbert David's case is currently on sick leave. So I gave her the tip. She was very interested, and we spoke for about 15 minutes. As I gave her the info, she looked up the UID and MP cases on NamUs and Charley Project. She agreed that this was worth looking into.

:eek:fftopic:
She had not heard of NamUs, and she said that she had an old 1986 UID case that was probably not listed. It was an Asian male (skeletal), but the problem is that all they have is dental x-rays. Everything else has been destroyed, and the body has been cremated. I checked to see if there were any 1986 UID's from Okaloosa County FL. There were none listed.

But I gave her the e-mail address of Michael Nance, and suggested that she contact him and have her UID listed.

I called the Okaloosa County Sheriff's office, and talked to a woman detective. She says the detective in charge of Delbert David's case is currently on sick leave. So I gave her the tip. She was very interested, and we spoke for about 15 minutes. As I gave her the info, she looked up the UID and MP cases on NamUs and Charley Project. She agreed that this was worth looking into.

:eek:fftopic:
She had not heard of NamUs, and she said that she had an old 1986 UID case that was probably not listed. It was an Asian male (skeletal), but the problem is that all they have is dental x-rays. Everything else has been destroyed, and the body has been cremated. I checked to see if there were any 1986 UID's from Okaloosa County FL. There were none listed.

But I gave her the e-mail address of Michael Nance, and suggested that she contact him and have her UID listed.

I am glad you called. Hopefully the lady you spoke with will look into it.

Bumping this....the likeness is really amazing.

I had pulled this up because I found a web posting on a site called seeker.com, posted in 2012....here's what it says: (bold and italics are mine)

Looking for my son, Donald B Sawyer DOB 2/26/1963 Feb 26 1963. Donald is 5'10", sandy brown hair and blue eyes. He has a scar on his leg from a chain saw accident. He may have a stilted walk due to a neck injury. Donald was last seen in the BocaRaton/Delray Beach Fl. area in 1982. Any information greatly appreciated.

The person's e-mail address is included as well. Here is the link to the page:

http://www.the-seeker.com/SeekRelUp.cfm
Ad number 138203.

Perhaps if this other gentleman doesn't pan out (which honestly, when I'm looking at him, he looks soo much like the recon), the detective may want to pursue this angle and see if this is truly a missing person, or just someone who is out of touch.

Delbert David is still showing a charley project page:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/david_delbert.html
Here is Delbert's Doe Page:http://doenetwork.org/cases/1302dmfl.html
He is still not listed on namus, but he does have a websleuths page: FL FL - Delbert Arnold David, 51, Fort Walton Beach, 22 Aug 1994 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And the UID is still listed on the Hillsborough Medical Examiner webpage but it has a new link (broken link in post #1) and a new number (254 instead of 52).
http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/index.aspx?NID=360
To access the UID photo, here is the link:
http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/254

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member