1497 users online (369 members and 1128 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MA - Middle School Coach Bites Off Part of Opposing Coach's Ear Followng Loss

In one of the most bizarre and troubling incidents in recent youth sports history, an assistant coach of a Massachusetts middle school basketball team channeled his inner Mike Tyson after a 6th grade basketball championship, attacking the coach of a team which defeated his side and biting his opponent's ear.

According to Springfield, Mass. news network WWLP, 34-year-old Timothy Forbes was charged with mayhem, assault and batter and disorderly conduct on Monday in Springfield District Court after turning himself in to police. The charges follow Forbes' attack on an unnamed fellow middle school basketball coach at Springfield (Mass.) Holy Name School following his Springfield Heat's loss to the Sprinfield Migs in the Springfield Catholic Youth Organization middle school basketball finals.

According to WWLP and NBC Connecticut, among other sources, Forbes was enraged following his team's loss and instigated a fight with the Migs coach. In the midst of that scuffle, he then bit the Migs coach's ear, allegedly removing part of it in the process.

The victim, a fellow 34-year-old Springfield resident, was rushed to Baystate Medical Center in Springfield and had his ear reattached. He was released shortly thereafter.

While Forbes was named as a coach in the Heat organization by Springfield police, Heat officials themselves denied that the man was a coach for the team and argued that he was not on the organization's roster.

Regardless of official roles, Springfield Heat president John Maloney told WWLP that the entire incident was shocking for all involved.

"I think everyone who heard it couldn't believe it and it was certainly very devastating to the program to have something like this happen," Maloney told WWLP. "We feel it hasn't happened before and we hope it will never happen again."

One can only hope that will be the case, given the severity of Forbes' bizarre attack.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...015504278.html

wow. Talk about taking things too seriously. GGeeezzzzzz...
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Sixth grade??? What? OMG! WTH is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Sixth grade??? What? OMG! WTH is wrong with people?
    I know. A sixth grade wrestling match makes a grown man bite anothers ear off???????
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I know. A sixth grade wrestling match makes a grown man bite anothers ear off???????
    Actually, it became a wrestling match between coaches, but was a basketball game for the sith graders. I only say this because I thought basketball was a non-contact sport!

(I know...in my dreams!)

I can't help but think drugs may have been involved for this coach to get so aggravated and aggressive.
    All JMO

Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    Actually, it became a wrestling match between coaches, but was a basketball game for the sith graders. I only say this because I thought basketball was a non-contact sport!

(I know...in my dreams!)

I can't help but think drugs may have been involved for this coach to get so aggravated and aggressive.
    All JMO
    BBM

I'm with you there, CLUE. Looking at this guy's mug shot, I'd say we may be looking at a case of steroid abuse.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.