FL FL - Tampa, WhtFem 691UFFL, 35-55, in Tampa Bay w/ rope & cinderblock, Mar'61

Donjeta

Adji Desir, missing from Florida
Reaction score
White female found in floating in Tampa Bay west of Davis Causeway in Safety Harbor. She had a rope tied to right foot that was attached to a cement block.

She was 35-55 years old, weighed about 115, 64 inches, estimated time of death approx. two days before (she was found March 04 1961).
Her hair was recently permed and she had an appendectomy scar and a Pfannenstiel type pelvic scar

She was wearing a green 1 piece Jantzen bathing suit, Size 14/36 and a white metal ring, flower design, with 17 stones and 8 missing. Two white metal bracelets. Fingerprints and dentals are available but no DNA. She had antemortem loss in her upper jaw and lower molars.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2304

She is not Ida Anderson or Evelyn Hartley.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/691uffl.html

According to DN she had also suffered a blow to her head and had upper dentures and a partial lower plate

Attachments

• moore_marjorie.jpg
    moore_marjorie.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 45
Another photo of Marjorie (right) that was probably closer to the time of her disappearance.

Attachments

• moore_marjorie1.jpg
    moore_marjorie1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 42
This is Marjorie Moore.

She isn't on any of the 'Big 3' MP sites but there is an article about her. We don't have much in the way of vitals, though. Just a photo (below).

I'm not crazy about the timeline since Marjorie went missing in 1953 but I kind of see a resemblance.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/mom-was-lost-but-not-in-a-sons-heart/999419

Thoughts?

I don't think the timeline is impossible, although it seems weird that she would have left and then just hung around Tampa for another 8 years. Hard to tell if there's a resemblance, but she fits the age range--she would have been in her 30s when she disappeared, right?

I don't think the timeline is impossible, although it seems weird that she would have left and then just hung around Tampa for another 8 years. Hard to tell if there's a resemblance, but she fits the age range--she would have been in her 30s when she disappeared, right?

Yeah. The article written in 2009 said she would have been 88 at that time, so she would have been born around 1921, so 32 when she went missing and 40 when the body was found...

I think the forehead, eyes, and eyebrows are similar. I'm not sure why they drew that line over her nose in the sketch, but I think the nose is similar enough if you mentally erase that line. I'm just not sure about the chin, since the photos are not at the same angle, it's hard to tell...

I wish we had height, weight, identifying marks, etc. for Marjorie...

The Pfannenstiel scar is interesting. It was NOT used for Caesarean sections in 1961, so that means the UID had some type of pelvic surgery- most likely a hernia repair or possibly a tubal ligation. Hmmm.......

The Pfannenstiel scar is interesting. It was NOT used for Caesarean sections in 1961, so that means the UID had some type of pelvic surgery- most likely a hernia repair or possibly a tubal ligation. Hmmm.......

I've never even heard of that scar and was curious what it was... based on your post, I'm guessing it's in the abdominal region?

I think the problem is, that her children were young - the oldest one was 12 when she went missing. He probably never saw any scars unless they were on her hands, face, etc. I'm guessing the reason we don't have any vitals on Marjorie is that her children simply don't remember those details. She wasn't reported missing back then, as far as I know. I'm not 100% sure she's even been officially reported missing now.

The Pfannenstiel incision is what we would call a bikini incision today. It was not a commonly used approach to the abdomen/pelvis UNTIL it began to be used for c-sections in the late 70s.

The Pfannenstiel incision is what we would call a bikini incision today. It was not a commonly used approach to the abdomen/pelvis UNTIL it began to be used for c-sections in the late 70s.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the line drawn across her nose in the sketch though, right?

Sorry, but that line bothers me. It makes her nose and mouth look like a cat. I'm just trying to figure out if it has a purpose.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the line drawn across her nose in the sketch though, right?

Sorry, but that line bothers me. It makes her nose and mouth look like a cat. I'm just trying to figure out if it has a purpose.

No--you can see a pic of what it would like here: Pfannenstiel incision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the line on the nose is just an attempt at shading. I don't like that sketch at all.

I'll try to use Paint to edit that line out tomorrow and if it comes out decent, I'll post it.

I keep looking at the eyebrows, and how they come all the way in to the top of the bridge of the nose, the high forehead, the shape of the eyes, and the hairline - all of which look very similar to me.

But like you said, FiveFelines, where would she have been for the 8 years in between? I suppose it's possible she was out gallivanting (sp?), she'd left her children behind before, but from the responses her children got when they inquired about her, it doesn't sound as though she was alive and well.. and that was 1958-1960, prior to this JD being found...

Very strange.

I noticed another Jane Doe Found in Polk County.A county over.About a month and a half later.Both were killed very violently.Was there a serial killer around back then or were these two unidentified Jane Does related or connected some how with each other?This other Jane could also be the women mentioned here too.

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase2285.html

So many people missing and not reported.

The bathing suit is interesting to me. Like maybe she was on a boat ride with someone who then threw her overboard.

So with the dental chart, her top jaw was all (A): A=Antemortem loss (healed socket)
So she may have had an upper denture? (oops - sorry, just read above she did have upper denture and plates lower)
If so, I wonder if they searched for this where she surfaced in the water?

So with the dental chart, her top jaw was all (A): A=Antemortem loss (healed socket)
So she may have had an upper denture?
If so, I wonder if they searched for this where she surfaced in the water?

Upper denture, lower plate. Only 7 lower teeth, according to Doe Network.

The UID -
Age between 35 - 65
Weight (pounds) - 115, Estimated
Height (inches) - 64, Estimated
Probable year of death - 0 to 1961

Missing:
Mabel May Chambers - Delaware.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11013/10

Nickname/Alias - May Jones, May Simms, May Chambers
Date last seen - January 01, 1952 at the age of 30
She would have been 41 in 1962
Height (inches) - 64.0
Weight (pounds) - 130.0
9 year difference between Mabels sighting and UID found (1961)

Mabels husband Ted Chambers worked at a place called the The Three Little Bakers.
The only place I could find in Delaware was the The Three Little Bakers Theatre Restaurant Club. I couldnt find any information on him at a quick search - just wondering if she had left him for some reason ....

There are a few pics of Mabel Chambers and she looks totally different in all of them.
But I overlaid the photo by transparency (couldn't reproduce it for the pic below though so I lightened it) - and the proportions were very close - chin / hairline / eyeline / nose.

I also noticed that the UID lady was unrecognizable when she was found - so Im not sure how close the sketches are.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• MISS UID COMPARISSON 2.jpg
    MISS UID COMPARISSON 2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 32
  • MISS UID COMPARISSON.jpg
    MISS UID COMPARISSON.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 31

How very sad......I hope they do get a match and can give this family some peace. Part of this article is very upsetting to me.
Using DNA technology, investigators identified skeletal remains found 28 years ago as that of a 15-year-old Boca Raton runaway.

The teen, Stephanie Sempell, was last seen by her mother in March 1976. Though Sempell's family reported her disappearance to authorities, the police never placed a missing person report in their records.
It is not always a case of the person not being reported.....sadly......back then missing persons cases were not taken as seriously as they are now.

The UID -
Age between 35 - 65
Weight (pounds) - 115, Estimated
Height (inches) - 64, Estimated
Probable year of death - 0 to 1961

Missing:
Mabel May Chambers - Delaware.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11013/10

Nickname/Alias - May Jones, May Simms, May Chambers
Date last seen - January 01, 1952 at the age of 30
She would have been 41 in 1962
Height (inches) - 64.0
Weight (pounds) - 130.0
9 year difference between Mabels sighting and UID found (1961)

Mabels husband Ted Chambers worked at a place called the The Three Little Bakers.
The only place I could find in Delaware was the The Three Little Bakers Theatre Restaurant Club. I couldnt find any information on him at a quick search - just wondering if she had left him for some reason ....

There are a few pics of Mabel Chambers and she looks totally different in all of them.
But I overlaid the photo by transparency (couldn't reproduce it for the pic below though so I lightened it) - and the proportions were very close - chin / hairline / eyeline / nose.

I also noticed that the UID lady was unrecognizable when she was found - so Im not sure how close the sketches are.
Any thoughts?

Now I'm a little confused. If she was assumed to be deceased for 2 days, wouldn't she be recognizable?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back