GUILTY NV - Kyla Franks, 6, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, 11 March 2012

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
Police suspect mom's 'breakdown' in daughter death

Police say they responded to a 9-1-1 call Sunday night and upon arrival they found Slaughter's 6-year-old daughter dead, Kyla Franks, dead in a bedroom of a northwest Las Vegas home.

Slaughter was later arrested at valley hospital's emergency room. She was taken there after being found walking naked down the street with blood all over her hands.

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news...in-daughter-death/xcDtR1Owu0alHG4g0LJUSg.cspx

"Danielle then asked detectives, 'Did I kill my daughter? Is she dead?'" police said.

-------------

Slaughter admitted striking the girl multiple times with scissors, according to police, adding that she had never felt that way before and it was not "like" her.

The interview ended with Slaughter repeating that she "wanted to remove the evil from the house," police said.

http://www.ksla.com/story/17147688/police-mother-spoke-of-slain-daughters-evil

Article states she was on hydrocycut, some kind of OTC diet pill. I googled "hydroxycut" + "mental side effects". Livestrong.com says anxiety, confusion, restlessness.

Article states she was on hydrocycut, some kind of OTC diet pill. I googled "hydroxycut" + "mental side effects". Livestrong.com says anxiety, confusion, restlessness.

Yep... no "thinking child is evil and stabbing them to death with scissors" listed as a side effect... I'm thinking there was something MORE going on here.

Msfacetious, do you remember a case, somewhere up in Western NY, where the mother's long-term BF stabbed her young daughter to death? I think the girl was a twin? The murder came out of nowhere, and I think he was diagnosed schizophrenic. I took notice of it briefly because I have family in the area. Maybe thats what we're seeing here?
I know it doesn't matter, but for some reason I hope it's that and not meth.

I found an online weight lose journal she started back in January of last year. Seems she was doing relatively well till June... Then she started back up January this year.

I am not say this drug she was taking made her do this horrible act, but it does seem she has been preoccupied with her weight for some time.

Oh, the horror and confusion that poor girl must have felt during that attack.

Rest in peace, you are safe now.

Msfacetious, do you remember a case, somewhere up in Western NY, where the mother's long-term BF stabbed her young daughter to death? I think the girl was a twin? The murder came out of nowhere, and I think he was diagnosed schizophrenic. I took notice of it briefly because I have family in the area. Maybe thats what we're seeing here?
I know it doesn't matter, but for some reason I hope it's that and not meth.

Lauren Sylvia Belius.

http://www.facebook.com/LaurensLaw2012

He blocked the door, put the dog in the garage and "went psycho" stabbing Lauren on the same bed as her twin sister...
Stabbing her again after her Mom started doing CPR on her... all the day after her Mom said she wouldn't marry him.
He also researched religion, law enforcement, etc before the crime. He claimed Lauren was the anti-Christ.
He was found "non guilty by reason of insanity."

Oh yeah... I forgot, he also "suffers from PTSD due to the incident with Lauren." You know, stabbing her to death?
To answer your question... absolutely I remember. Lauren is one I will never forget.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7620631&posted=1#post7620631

THIS woman I can believe had some serious mental issue like Andrea Yates. Lauren's killer? I'm FAR less than convinced. :twocents:

Msfacetious-
Yes, that was the case. Those FB pics are heartbreaking. Like, I wish I hadn't looked at them.
You're 100% right about PTSD, my girlfriend deals with this daily, and will most likely never recover, for someone to pile that onto his defense for murdering a minor....I just wish we still had the DP here in NYS.

RIP little girl. So sorry your mother did this to you.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981189431
Danielle claimed to have been having a hard time sleeping since taking the weight loss supplement, which any normal person could understand that this is due to the stimulant properties in it. Like most weight loss and appetite suppressants, you can become jittery and wide-awake as though you're on illegal speed or caffeine pills. Perhaps the young mother is suffering from an undiagnosed mental condition which became inflamed by the use of Hydroxycut. If that is so, she may wind up getting out of this lightly. However, it could be possible that this was simply the brutal murder of a child, and for that Danielle Slaughter deserves a fitting punishment.

From what I have read from her Facebook, she seemed to be a loving mother, a caring mother. There are pictures of a happy child. Halloween, Christmas, Kyla's birthday in January. DS also seemed to be devote. There are numerous posts about God being her guide.

"Something" seemed to have happened since January that made this woman become a murderer! I don't claim to know what that change was, but in my opinion, something went very wrong in the last few months. I shudder every time I think of Kyla's last moments. A mother that has always loved her, suddenly becoming the monster that lives under her bed.

I pray for this baby. I hope she has found peace.

JMO

METH. There was a woman in Gillette Wyoming who killed her babies by cutting off their heads to let the "real Babies" out, because the voices told her that children were aliens. This was in the early 1980's. Her hubby came home and found the heads in a garbage bag on the porch, and the babies or baby laying in the crib, while she waited for the aliens to leave so the real baby or babies could grow their heads back.... still gives me the willies.
So, I think that all Meth heads should be given their drug, but locked up in a room filled with OTHER meth heads. Sorry, but I have seen it happen too many times with that drug, sent straight from the devilllllll. GAHHHHHH

My lord, I just went and looked at her mug mugshot. She sure looks defiant to me, and the eyes look too clear to be METH. Evil, yes, But JMO

Okay... sorry, I totally forgot I had already seen her facebook. :doh:
There aren't that many good pictures of Kyla. Here are two of the better ones.

R.I.P. Beautiful Princess...

kyla2.jpg

kylad.jpg

I have mixed feelings about this one.Can you have such a complete psychotic break within such a short time? She seems mentally perfectly fine on her facebook.
Did DS really have a psychotic break and saw evil in her beautiful child or was Kyla an inconvenience? Quote from her facebook after she wanted to get away for the weekend
"I forgot my daughter still has school, so I had to cancel the thought:("

.....and "His love is all I need, if there is anything that is not right in my life please remove it. God please continue to shine your bight lights on me, through you all things are possible"
Was Kyla what was "not right in her life"?

METH. There was a woman in Gillette Wyoming who killed her babies by cutting off their heads to let the "real Babies" out, because the voices told her that children were aliens. This was in the early 1980's. Her hubby came home and found the heads in a garbage bag on the porch, and the babies or baby laying in the crib, while she waited for the aliens to leave so the real baby or babies could grow their heads back.... still gives me the willies.
So, I think that all Meth heads should be given their drug, but locked up in a room filled with OTHER meth heads. Sorry, but I have seen it happen too many times with that drug, sent straight from the devilllllll. GAHHHHHH

Unbelievable case. As of 2010, they were thinking of granting her supervised release at some point! I can't find anything more recent.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_c9da9e60-8db1-11df-9bf7-001cc4c002e0.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back