AR - Zeus Diviaio, 7, shot to death by 9yo sister, Little Rock, 12 March 2012

Reader

Reaction score
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-03-13-18-38-48

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) -- A 9-year-old girl was responsible for the shooting death of her 7-year-old brother at the family's Arkansas apartment while their parents briefly left to sign paperwork at a nearby leasing office, police said Tuesday.

The girl initially told authorities two men entered their Little Rock apartment on Monday and shot her brother, but detectives didn't find any signs of forced entry and nothing in the apartment was missing, according to a police report.

The children's father told officers his daughter has high-functioning autism, but it's not clear whether that played a role in the shooting. He said she "often told stories, and he did not believe that the apartment had been entered by anyone," police wrote in the report.
-----

Prosecutor John Johnson declined to comment specifically about the case because he hasn't seen the report. Under Arkansas law, a child younger than 10 years old cannot be charged with an offense, said Dorcy Corbin, a lawyer who specializes in juvenile defense.
-----

The children's father told police he had firearms in a case in the back bedroom. Authorities found blood marks in that room and closet, along with a large pool in the closet near a silver case, according to the police report.

Davis declined to comment on whether there were gun locks or other safety measures in place. The police report said officers found two handguns in the case.

More at link....

Another unsecured gun? What's up with that? I have niether kids nor guns, but if I did I would keep the guns locked up!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back