1261 users online (272 members and 989 guests)  

Websleuths News

mom found Guilty after making her son rake yard naked

A Fredericksburg woman who made her son rake leaves in the nude as a punishment for his poor school behavior pleaded guilty to a felony this week.

"She lost her cool that day and she regrets it deeply," Haney said. "She had never been in trouble with the law before." The woman is not being named to protect the boy's privacy.

According to the evidence, the incident occurred on April 27 in the Mayfield subdivision.

The 12-year-old boy had aggravated his mother by continuing to get in trouble at school. The mother responded by sending him outside that evening to rake leaves naked.

A neighbor saw the boy and called police. The naked boy was still outside with the rake in his hand when police arrived. He told police he was being punished for misbehaving in school.

The boy was never removed from the mother's custody. Haney said the mother and the child are both doing much better now.

Full Story

That's a very odd punishment. At least she didn't resort to beating him.

Since I don't believe in spanking, I've had to come up with some pretty interesting punishments in my time, but this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Hopefully, mom will put a little more thought into the next one!

I think that punishment is messed up. It's more than the mother 'losing her cool'. I think she needs serious help. Sending your children out of the house naked is too weird.
    Above is my opinion only

What an awful woman. Poor kid.

"Lost her cool?" Sounds more like a deeply troubled person. There's an awful lot of time and thought involved in making a child disrobe and forcing them outside to rake naked, while watching over them. Plenty of time to cool down and rethink her actions.

Losing one's cool is throwing a plate agianst a wall or kicking your car door.

As a side note, it sounds like a bad dream you would have...naked, raking...

BBMc

I know someone who reported that a neighbor was discipling their child by having them cut the lawn with a pair of sissors. Guess what happened? ... nothing ....

Unless the kid was cutting the grass with scissors naked, then I don't see a problem with that punishment. My oldest son has had to go around and collect garbage from the neighborhood. I've had him wash earth moving equipment in a construction site after he and his friend threw mud clods at it. He's also had to do several other "embarassing" things - all fully clothed - and I believe he's a better man today because of it.

There were other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    There were other issues.

Ahhhh!!! That doesn't sound too good!!!