Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by why_nutt View Post
    N

When JonBenet was playing the "Presenting" game with Patsy inside their own house, that was for fun.

When Patsy laid out her first of many dollars in pageant fees, for photography and costumes and talent lessons and travel, it was no longer for fun...it was for money, hopefully even for profit, and for the ego trip of Patsy's being able to say her daughter had won pageants, her daughter at a tender age was already a WINNER.
    I'm not convinced that it was for money, or that Patsy ever expected to turn a profit on JonBenet's pageant wins. The prize money is small compared to the cost of the dress, the entry fees, transport, lessons, etc.

I think Patsy was more interested in the prestige of having a daughter who won the pageants.

Both Patsy and her sister entered pageants, so it was obviously important to her family, and with her being so ill and gainging weight and losing her hair due to chemo and steroids, it probably made her feel special and important again. Even if she had to do it vicariously through JonBenet.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Fluttershy For This Useful Post:

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    I'm not convinced that it was for money, or that Patsy ever expected to turn a profit on JonBenet's pageant wins. The prize money is small compared to the cost of the dress, the entry fees, transport, lessons, etc.

I think Patsy was more interested in the prestige of having a daughter who won the pageants.

Both Patsy and her sister entered pageants, so it was obviously important to her family, and with her being so ill and gainging weight and losing her hair due to chemo and steroids, it probably made her feel special and important again. Even if she had to do it vicariously through JonBenet.
    I agree. It wasn't for the money. The Rs had plenty of it, and Patsy was a big spender, not just on the pageants.
    With Patsy, I believe her mother Nedra was a driving force. Patsy and her sister were both Miss West Virginia, and both competed in the Miss America pageants as young women. Neither won, and it was likely a sore spot for Nedra to have had both daughters lose. I also believe that Patsy and her sister were the only sisters in the Miss America pageant history to have both won the same state crown (different years, of course).
    Nedra, having struck out twice, was going to get that crown via her granddaughter. The third time's the charm, right?
    I also recall Nedra's chilling comment when asked what she and Patsy would do if JB ever said she just didn't want to compete any more.
    Nedra said "We will say, JonBenet, you WILL do it".
    There you go...
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:

I agree with Tricia-if T&T were on when JB was a toddler-PR would have been the first in line to get JB on TV!!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SyraKelly For This Useful Post:

I did not know PR was from west Virginia and I grew up there.... Those moms on the shows are disgusting I think they want to relive their lives and only way to do it is the pageants.
    Jordan

Let's go Yankees!!!!! My family was featured on Nancy Grace!

Natalee Holloway I'll never stop searching for you until you're found! 5-30-05

I my cop!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to officer'swife 2010 For This Useful Post:

Fluttershy,
    Yes, I agree, there was something going on here. Although the whole Paugh side were involved in the Pageants, even Don Paugh, who helped out with his music collection, and they were the source for the Shirley Temple VHS Tapes, JonBenet used to watch. Its as if JonBenet was being deliberately groomed to presume live performance was just expected of little girls?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UKGuy For This Useful Post:

I think they really wanted a Miss America in the family. Patsy and Pam had missed out, but then JonBenet was born and she was beautiful, so they all got another shot at the title.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fluttershy For This Useful Post:

I think they really wanted a Miss America in the family. Patsy and Pam had missed out, but then JonBenet was born and she was beautiful, so they all got another shot at the title.
    And remember, John named his boat Miss America. It wasn't just Patsy and Pam and Nedra who wanted a Miss America in their family.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sandover For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sandover View Post
    And remember, John named his boat Miss America. It wasn't just Patsy and Pam and Nedra who wanted a Miss America in their family.
    sandover,
    Yes an interesting factoid, is this a hint to the Ramsey psychology?

Talking of which, allow me to relate a corresponding interest, so what do the police, politicians, journalists and serial killers have in common?

Well think about a thirteen year old girl who was killed by a serial killer, my focus here, then add in the press and media coverage, so how does this impact upon the good ole USAofA. Well a site I visit a lot is PBS.ORG, they do good stuff, lately they covered forensic science, e.g. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...-the-real-csi/

This coming week the Murdochs are due to be interviewed in public as part of an establishment presentation of democracy in action, starting on Tuesday with the son, do a google search for a live stream if you want to watch or record, due to the time difference.

If you are uncertain or not sure why you should be concerned then please view the documentary at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...dochs-scandal/, for the majority of journalists its required viewing. The police are less vocal, but will also view regardless, the politicians will look in their pocket book or wallet first, then offer you sage advice!

Quote Originally Posted by sandover View Post
    Touche!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Limaes For This Useful Post:

This is a quote from John's book:

"My biggest fear was that JonBenet would turn 18 and run off to Hollywood."

WTH? So John was already seeing signs in his six-year-old that she would be a rebellious teenager?

And besides, JonBenet wouldn't have to run away to Hollywood; Patsy would gladly move with her.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

"It's very bizarre". ... And it wasn't back then?

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to arielilane For This Useful Post:

Was Patsy abused as a child? I keep seeing hints at this around...?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stef88 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stef88 View Post
    Yeah, thats being tossed out there that possibly Pats' dad molested JB too. All kinds of theories out there.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noodles For This Useful Post:

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Stef88 View Post
    There has long been suspicion that this was the case with Patsy and possibly her sisters.

When asked this very question by police, Patsy's voice trailed off and became very "small" and childlike when she answered "No". She did not answer it in the manner of someone who felt vehemently that this was not true, and she vener answered that question in a polygraph.

Patsy's mother Nedra made on odd comment about JB's evidence of abuse. She said that JB was "only a little bit molested"- as if only a little bit of sexual contact with a child is no big deal.
    Nedra was of the generation that DID sometimes look the other way when these things happened, considering them a family matter or the kind of thing that happens sometimes.
    Sometimes the shame keeps the secret. Sometimes the secret is kept because it would be too damaging to the family or the molester (pillars of the community/church often turn out to be the worst offenders). It was thought the child would "get over it"- no real harm done, etc.

Sexual exploration among children, especially siblings, is fairly common and not what we are talking about here, but sexual exploration between siblings that results in injury (bruising, bleeding, hymenal erosion) and/or death is certainly NOT common, usual or acceptable.
    And of course, ANY sexual contact between an adult and child is NOT acceptable and ALWAYS illegal, regardless of who the molester is or whether any physical harm is done to the child.

Some people feel the complete silence of Patsy's OTHER sister as far as the death of her niece was most unusual, and I agree.
    Patsy's sister P, who also was a Miss West Virginia, never married or had kids, and became obese was also molested- and although these "signs" are common in abuse survivors, there is no way to prove that any of the sisters were molested by someone in their family.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:

Hi there,
    Can I ask where your source is for Nedra having said that Jonbenet was only a little bit molested? Do I understand this correctly? Is that what you are reporting having read?
    Can you tell me where that came from please?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Myself For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast