TX TX - William "Bill" Moore, 82, Pecan Plantation, 10 March 2012

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
Officials seeking 82-year-old Pecan man missing since Saturday (Posted Mon 01:32 pm)

William "Bill" Moore William "Bill" Moore, an 82-year-old resident of Air Park Drive in Pecan Plantation, has been missing since sometime after 2 p.m. Saturday, when he was last seen driving his 1997 brown Dodge pickup to a local autmotive parts store. The pickup's license plate is Texas 68MFS6.

Anyone with information about Moore should call the Sheriff's Office at 817-579-3316.

Read more: http://www.hcnews.us/shownews.asp?Story=10361#ixzz1p8umyUuX

"Moore has not been diagnosed with mental or physical issues that would prevent him from returning to his home,"

http://www.hcnews.com/shownews.asp?category=20&id=10361#ixzz1piLgHYgM

This article isn't new, but I thought I'd mention that statement. Not very much news online about Mr Moore.

*Mr Moore's son Dave Moore says his dad is still missing -> this update today via Hood County News on their Face Book page.

Praying for Bill's safe return home... :praying:

:candle:http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/elderly-man-missing-near-granbury-032312

82 year old Bill Moore left his home on March 10 and never returned.
His home is in the Pecan Plantation subdivision near Granbury, southwest of Fort Worth.

"He likely spent the morning at his family’s airplane hanger".... "On the day he disappeared Moore was supposed to go to an auto parts store to pick up a special-order airplane part, but he never made it."

“I know he was nearing the end of his life but it's not supposed to be this way.”
(broke my heart to read that)

So little information out concerning Bill's disappearance, but this is the most informative yet beyond the basic story.

Where are you Bill?

In high hopes that Mr. Moore is found soon. It so breaks my heart.

:candle: http://hcnews.atomicnewstools.com/p...ues-yet-in-search-for-missing-pecan-resident/

Some snips from the article above:

A security camera captured an image of Bill’s pickup – a brown 1997 Dodge Ram pickup – as it was leaving Pecan Plantation’s front gate at 1:06 p.m. on March 10. Dave said his father is a “slow, careful driver” with a good driving record, and had no problems driving to and from town. He never arrived at the store that afternoon though, and hasn't been seen since.

Bill steadfastly refused to carry or use a cell phone....Dave said his worst fear is that his father is stranded and helpless. He normally only carries a small amount of cash, and a couple of credit cards, which have not been used, and his truck has not been located either.

Dave said his father was not talkative, was very hard of hearing, and had to use hearing aids.... “He’s always been a kind … just a kind, gentle person,” Dave said.

I just found the above article, and although it's not a new one
I feel like we know you a little better, Bill, after reading it.

I hope you're back home soon.
:sigh:

Have any deep embankments or waterways on the route that Mr Moore took been double and triple checked?

Have any deep embankments or waterways on the route that Mr Moore took been double and triple checked?

BBM

We know so very little about the situation. As far as I can tell - not much media coverage in this case.

My mind is running away with me! Can anyone be "sleuthed" if they've not been named a POI or suspect? (I looked for this info and couldn't find guidelines)

I'm wondering about the employee from Wendy's. (that claims to have seen him) Were the security tapes from that store reviewed? Or has that opportunity passed already?

I wondered where he previously lived - across town, or somewhere else? Maybe he had a longing to return "home", and attempted just that. One article mentioned he got lost, but was comfortable along familiar often-traveled routes. Cognitive decline begins somewhere. :(

Maybe he has a large insurance policy?

Maybe enemies from his furniture store days?

Maybe someone thought he carried a lot of money - he lives in what appears to be a very nice community (with personal airplane hangers). These days people are desperate.

BBM

We know so very little about the situation. As far as I can tell - not much media coverage in this case.

My mind is running away with me! Can anyone be "sleuthed" if they've not been named a POI or suspect? (I looked for this info and couldn't find guidelines)

I'm wondering about the employee from Wendy's. (that claims to have seen him) Were the security tapes from that store reviewed? Or has that opportunity passed already?

I wondered where he previously lived - across town, or somewhere else? Maybe he had a longing to return "home", and attempted just that. One article mentioned he got lost, but was comfortable along familiar often-traveled routes. Cognitive decline begins somewhere. :(

Maybe he has a large insurance policy?

Maybe enemies from his furniture store days?

Maybe someone thought he carried a lot of money - he lives in what appears to be a very nice community (with personal airplane hangers). These days people are desperate.

Hopefully, I can add some general info about what Pecan Plantation is like, what the air park area, where he lived is like, where the auto supply stores are located in relation to his home, and the safety of his general neighborhood. :)
I live in Pecan Plantation, and have for over a decade. We receive a monthly magazine written by our version of a HOA for residents. There is a DETAILED Security Force report every month. I can tell you that for the time we have lived here, there has been almost negligible violent crime, or even serious crimes against persons.

GENERAL CRIME/ SOCIOLOGICAL OBSERVATIONS:
Some of the contributing factors to the low crime rate inside Pecan may be:
* All non-residents are stopped at the gates and must have correct ID, including vehicle registration and current insurance to enter.
* As with most private gated communities, entrance of non-members is at the express invitation/ request of a specific resident to the security guard. People are not allowed to solicit for any charity, church, ANYTHING here. The name of the person must match what is presented as ID by the guest. Gets tricky when it's a company performing services or making deliveries! Domino's stopped delivering because of the hassle, so we now have our own private pizzeria, as well as other shops for Pecan residents.
* Average age of homeowner is over 65.
* The income level can generally be stated as " mid 6 figures or higher". There are lots of retired oilmen and cattlemen here with their spouses. I realize there are variances in everythng, including incomes.
ALso, it is expensive by Texas standards to live here.First, there are the monthly PPOA ( our HOA) monthly dues, which are currently around $165 + any member- billed items such as supplemental golfing charges, Counry Club dining charges, marina supplies or slip fees, or gasoline purchased on account here. Also, because we are so isolated geographically, we have very high utility rates for this general region of Texas. We also do not have any natural gas lines in Pecan, it's all electric, except for a privately owned propane tank to heat the pool and spa, etc.
My houseold's electri bill is rarely below $800 and our water bill is usually around $400. ( two person household). Because most of the lots are considerd to be prime real estate, and homes are valuated way above average for Hood Co., property taxes are high for those of us under 65.
* ALL applicants for membership ( ownership of a vacant lot or a home) in Pecan Plantation pay a $3000 application fee ( it may have increased recently) which includes a criminal background check. Applicants ARE screened. If the membership committee rejects the application, residence is denied and the application fee is refunded. As far as I know, the decision for rejection is not subject to any type of discussion or appeal, since this is a private community with all member-owned common use facilites.
* At one time, for a brief time, there was a middle aged RSO who got around the residency application screening by moving in with an elderly parent who was aklready living here. The outcry was enormous, and for whatever reason, the man moved out of Pecan. I have not done a check for RSOs in the recent past but only knew of the one man.
* Residents tend to be extremely private.. but, we look out for our neighbors in a quiet way.. If something seems unusual at a neighbor's property, all we have to do is call our private security patrol guards and they check it out. They are quick to call Hood Co. Sheriff Dept. if there is a possible security breach. Some thefts of property do occur, usually in unlocked cars, or petty thefts by teens, and the occasional break- in of a residence which is known to be vacant seasonally.
* Privacy extends to the generally accepted practice of not allowing photographs or video of a residence/ property other than what you personally own without the owner's permission.

Bill Moore lived in a very nice,well regarded private community of around 5,000 people outside the city limits of Granbury The nearest " town" is Acton, which is about 2 miles down the road. Acton is a rural area-- mostly a group of churches, a few custom home builders, a bank, grocery, etc. on the main road out of Pecan going towards Granbury.

Bill Moore, although not known to me personally, lived only about a half mile or so from my home in Pecan.

QUALITIES OF THE AIR PARK
Bill Moore lived in the air park, and his home has a hangar. It can be reasonably expected that he was a pilot. The residents of the Air Park are generally somewhat younger than other sections of Pecan because many American Airlines pilots live here and fly their private planes to DFW airport. Also, many private pilots find out about Pecan and decide to move here to the air park for the amenities. Most homes in this section of Pecan have direct paved access to the airstrip. The Air Park residents share an intense love of flying. Some residents have restored rare vintage aircraft with meticulous details, some have built fast experiemtal aircraft. There is a chapter of the EAA here, chapter 99. A flight speed record holder lives here and is a fascinating and lovely person. All in all, the air park are a bonded group of neighbors who host a fly- in twice a year with all Pecan residents being invited to socialize with them. It's fun and the couples who sponser the event often have young children...

TOPOGRAPHY OF THE AREA
About the topography of Granbury: First, Pecan Plantation is a huge peninsula which is separate from Granbury. We are 12 miles out of Granbury in a rural, water-surrounded area.. We are surrounded by the Brazos River, and Lake Granbury.
However, the Brazos River is not deep in most places, and Lake Granbury is mostly a " cliff view only" except at our private Marina, and a small section of homes.
Many of us go to the Marina for gasoline if we are in a hurry because it is charged to our member account.
However, it appears that Bill did leave Pecan and did not return.

The stated destination of the auto supply store is approximately 12 miles from his home. There are several auto supply type places in the business section of Granbury, which is located on Hwy 377. It is a major highway to the DFW interstate highways. Lots of truck trafic.

There are several bridges over both the Brazos River and Lake Granbury,,. It is a very water- rich area.
Granbury also has MANY waterfront communities, both well- established and new. Most have deep water access, and most of the newer lakefront enclaves in Granbury close to the auto supply stores ( and in general) have very flat land, making it easy to drive right into the water.

WHAT HAPPENED TO BILL?
My theory is that Bill became disoriented or had a medical event such as a mild stroke and drove into deep water or one of the many deep canals in Granbury, quickly and unnoticed.

My husband, OTOH, thinks that he was known to be a well to do person, and met with foul play. I ask him " Where is his truck, then?"
We have both wondered if he had a roadside break down during some part of the 12 mile drive. He was a thin elderly man, and would have been a very easy target for crime. The question remains: Where is the truck, then? In a rural barn? In a home garage? That would mean that the killer lives near Granbury, also. There is a serious meth/ other illegal drug distribution problem in Hood County, apparently, as there is in most of the US now. I don't know a lot about this, but it seems that there have been some violent crimes committed in Fort Worth and Dallas by drug people from Hood Co.

An observation: IF he was killed by someone unrelated to him inside Pecan, I think it would probably be the first non- familial homicide in the 40+ years' history. ( There was a homicide of a middle aged daughter beating her elderly mother to death here. I don't know many of the details at all.)

THE PART THAT MAKES ME SAD/ ANGRY!!!
We have never seen ANY SEARCHES at ANY TIME for this man or his vehicle!!!:banghead::banghead:
I have diligently inquired and looked for signs of searchers/ LE foot, air, or water searches. Nada.

The meager interview comment from a neighbor that he was headed to Granbury to an auto supply store is all we have been told other than the statement about his health being good. That's what's probably the most disturbing aspect to me.
Maybe we missed something, but no searches have ever been organized within Pecan Plantation to the best of our knowledge, I think his fellow flying neighbors surely must have flown the most logical routes ( there are only 2 roads which go to the Granbury business district from Pecan) and looked for his truck!!

One thing of note-- the leaves on the trees here were still brown when he disappeared and the county is heavily forested..

I want him to be found. I wish so much it could be " found alive and well" !! He is/ was my neighbor, a fellow Pecaner. But I think the window of time for that happening has long passed.
I don't hear ANY discussion about Bill at the Country Club, nor by neighbors.. but this is a fairly closed, private mindset place.. Maybe the general consensus is that he drowned inside his truck.. or maybe some people know of dynamics in his life of which our family is unaware.

IF I hear any rumors of foul play which have merit, I will post them.
Thanks for reading. I've cried through about half of this post.

<respectfully snipped>

Hopefully, I can add some general info about what Pecan Plantation is like, what the air park area, where he lived is like, where the auto supply stores are located in relation to his home, and the safety of his general neighborhood. :) Thanks so much for a great insight into Bill's world. :) There is so little information in the media, it's disheartening... :(

GENERAL CRIME/ SOCIOLOGICAL OBSERVATIONS:
Some of the contributing factors to the low crime rate inside Pecan may be:
* All non-residents are stopped at the gates and must have correct ID, including vehicle registration and current insurance to enter.
* As with most private gated communities, entrance of non-members is at the express invitation/ request of a specific resident to the security guard.

* At one time, for a brief time, there was a middle aged RSO who got around the residency application screening by moving in with an elderly parent who was aklready living here. From one of the above articles it said Bill moved in with his son Dave when his wife died.

Bill Moore lived in a very nice,well regarded private community of around 5,000 people outside the city limits of Granbury The nearest " town" is Acton, which is about 2 miles down the road. Acton is a rural area-- mostly a group of churches, a few custom home builders, a bank, grocery, etc. on the main road out of Pecan going towards Granbury.

Bill Moore, although not known to me personally, lived only about a half mile or so from my home in Pecan.

QUALITIES OF THE AIR PARK
Bill Moore lived in the air park, and his home has a hangar. It can be reasonably expected that he was a pilot. - not so sure if he was a pilot, but I've read about his son and his love of flying.

TOPOGRAPHY OF THE AREA
About the topography of Granbury: First, Pecan Plantation is a huge peninsula which is separate from Granbury. We are 12 miles out of Granbury in a rural, water-surrounded area.. We are surrounded by the Brazos River, and Lake Granbury.
However, the Brazos River is not deep in most places, and Lake Granbury is mostly a " cliff view only" except at our private Marina, and a small section of homes.
Many of us go to the Marina for gasoline if we are in a hurry because it is charged to our member account.

However, it appears that Bill did leave Pecan and did not return.

The stated destination of the auto supply store is approximately 12 miles from his home. There are several auto supply type places in the business section of Granbury, which is located on Hwy 377. It is a major highway to the DFW interstate highways. Lots of truck trafic.

There are several bridges over both the Brazos River and Lake Granbury,,. It is a very water- rich area.
Granbury also has MANY waterfront communities, both well- established and new. Most have deep water access, and most of the newer lakefront enclaves in Granbury close to the auto supply stores ( and in general) have very flat land, making it easy to drive right into the water.

WHAT HAPPENED TO BILL?
My theory is that Bill became disoriented or had a medical event such as a mild stroke and drove into deep water or one of the many deep canals in Granbury, quickly and unnoticed. That's one of the scenarios I'd envisioned...

My husband, OTOH, thinks that he was known to be a well to do person, and met with foul play. That was another of my scenarios. I ask him " Where is his truck, then?"

We have both wondered if he needed to go to an auto supply store because his truck was perhaps experiencing mechanical problems and he had a roadside break down during some part of the 10-12 mile drive. IIRC he was running an errand to pick up an airplane part at the store - he supposedly never made it to the store, maybe he did have mechanical problems. He was a thin elderly man, and would have been a very easy target for crime. The question remains: Where is the truck, then? Yes, where IS HIS TRUCK? In a rural barn? In a home garage? That would mean that the killer lives near Granbury, also. There is a serious meth/ other illegal drug distribution problem in Hood County, apparently, as there is in most of the US now. I don't know a lot about this, but it seems that there have been some violent crimes committed in Fort Worth and Dallas by drug people from Hood Co.

IF he was killed by someone unrelated to him inside Pecan Plantation, I think it would probably be the first non- familial homicide in the 40+ years' history. ( There was a homicide of a middle aged daughter beating her elderly mother to death here. I don't know many of the details.)

THE PART THAT MAKES ME SAD/ ANGRY!!!
We have never seen ANY SEARCHES at ANY TIME for this man or his vehicle!!!:banghead::banghead:
I have diligently inquired and looked for signs of searchers/ LE foot, air, or water searches. Nada.

Dave said his worst fear is that his father is stranded and helpless.

“It’s really frustrating because we just don’t know (what happened),” Dave said. “The community has had a huge outpouring of support. That’s helping us get through it. The Pecan Fire Department and EMS have been so helpful.”

While ground searches have been conducted, local pilots have flown and searched throughout the area in a collective effort to spot the pickup – or any other clues.
(excerpt from: http://hcnews.atomicnewstools.com/p...yet-in-search-for-missing-pecan-resident/[/B] )

And you as a local has seen nothing?? HMMMM

The meager interview comment from a neighbor that he was headed to Granbury to an auto supply store is all we have been told other than the statement about his health being good. That's what's probably the most disturbing aspect to me.
Maybe we missed something, but no searches have ever been organized within Pecan Plantation to the best of our knowledge, I think his fellow flying neighbors surely must have flown the most logical routes ( there are only 2 roads which go to the Granbury business district from Pecan) and looked for his truck!!

One thing of note-- the leaves on the trees here were still brown when he disappeared and the county is heavily forested..

I want him to be found. I wish so much it could be " found alive and well" !! He is/ was my neighbor, a fellow Pecaner. But I think the window of time for that happening has long passed.
I don't hear ANY discussion about Bill at the Country Club, nor by neighbors.. but this is a fairly closed, private mindset place.. Maybe the general consensus is that he drowned inside his truck.. or maybe some people know of dynamics in his life of which our family is unaware. :( Makes someone wonder, with so little from the family concerning his disappearance.

IF I hear any rumors of foul play which have merit, I will post them.
Thanks for reading. I've cried through about half of this post.

Thanks so much for all of your really important information - more than any of the local msm could share.... :waitasec:

Please let us know of any new developments or information.

First, thanks for reading my post, Mahoolin. :) My heart is so full. Every time I go into Granbury, I wonder if I am driving past Mr. Moore's body in his truck, submerged or otherwise not visible.. It is horrible to think about, but it's impossible not to wonder, what with so much water around here.

I think I need to clarify a few things.
I have never lived where a person disappeared. I mean, I've lived in cities, and people disappear all the time for one reason or another in cities, but never less than a mile in a very closed, safe living area like this. We take care of our own... ya know?
So when I said I was upset about not being personally aware of any searches, I meant most of all that as far as I know, no volunteer searches have been organized. MAYBE there is some legal liability to a HOA if someone searching is injured. I really don't know.
It could also be the family's wishes that LE handles this.
I know that if I go missing, people have already been instructed to contact Tim Miller and Texas Equusearch!!!
I don't know if the local LE has a great deal of resources to search. Not sure if there are any SAR dogs outside Fort Worth or Dallas, or if they would or have brought them in..

As has been stated here and locally, almost nothing is known about Mr. Moore and his daily routines except for 5-6 sentences. I don't need to know what brand of coffee he drank, but a general idea of his routine beyond his hangar morning time would have been helpful when he was first missing and beleived endangered.
BYW- It is common for the air park families to get together in their hangars. It made me smile to know that Mr. Moore enjoyed simple things in his life, and I hope very much that if he is deceased, it was due to a very quick accident.

The RSO I was referring to had NOTHING, NOTHING to do with Mr. Moore or ANY member of his family. Not specifically, and not by insinuation. I do not think for one minute that there was any wrongdoing in the family in any way at any time. I am sure they are fine people.
I cited the experience with Pecan Plantation and the one RSO living here to illustrate how rare it is in a group of 5,000+ people in a private community, most of them adults, to only have one RSO resident. I did do a new check tonight for RSOs and there is a different one living inside Pecan's gates. Sigh. No place can be perfect.. but to us, Pecan comes very very close to being a perfect place to live.

I wish so much that I/ we as a community could have done SOMETHING to help Mr. Moore and his family, but, sadly, it would seem that time has passed.

I pray every day for the Moore family and for Mr. Moore. I wish I could do more!

My heart is so full. Every time I go into Granbury, I wonder if I am driving past Mr. Moore, deceased, in his truck, submerged or otherwise not visible.. It is horrible to think about, but it's impossible not to wonder, what with so much water around here.
I have wanted to discuss his disappearance so badly, but didn't know his case was on WS. Thank you to the great sleuths who brought attention to this missing person, and who are asking questions.. I surely do wish I had concrete answers..

I think I need to clarify a few things.
I have never lived where a person disappeared. I mean, I've lived in cities, and people disappear all the time for one reason or another in cities, but never less than a mile in a very closed, safe living area like this. We take care of our own here, there is an esprit de corps when we are called upon... ya know?
So when I said I was upset about not being personally aware of any searches, I meant most of all that as far as I know, no volunteer searches have been organized. MAYBE there is some legal liability to our HOA, the PPOA, if a resident searching on any property is injured. I really don't know.
It could also be the family's wishes that LE alone handles this. I don't know.

I know that if I go missing, people have already been instructed to contact Tim Miller and Texas Equusearch!!!
I don't know if local LE has a great deal of resources to search.

As has been stated here and locally, almost nothing is known about Mr. Moore and his daily routines except for 5-6 sentences. I don't need to know what brand of coffee he drank, but a general idea of his routine beyond his hangar morning time would have been helpful when he was first missing and beleived endangered.

I am having a recurring mental image of him visiting a new, upscale waterfront senior citizen apartment complex in Granbury. I don't know why I keep seeing him there.. if he had a friend or friends who downsized and moved there, it wouldn't surprise me. Also, it would be VERY easy to put a vehicle in the wrong gear and go into deep water there..

BYW- It is common for the air park families to get together in their hangars. It made me smile to know that Mr. Moore enjoyed simple things in his life, and I hope very much that if he is deceased, it was due to a very quick accident.

The RSO I referenced minus a name had NOTHING, NOTHING to do with Mr. Moore or ANY member of his family. Not specifically, and not by insinuation. I do not think for one minute that there was any wrongdoing in the family in any way at any time. I am sure they are fine people in a great deal of pain. I hurt for them..
I cited the experience with Pecan Plantation and the one RSO living here to illustrate how rare it is in a group of 5,000+ people in a private community, most of them adults, to only have one RSO resident. I did do a new check tonight for RSOs and there is a different one living inside Pecan's gates. Sigh. No place can be perfect.. but to us, Pecan comes very very close to being a perfect place to live.

I wish so much that we as a close,, mature community could have done SOMETHING to help Mr. Moore and his family, but, sadly, it would seem that time has passed.

I pray every day for the Moore family and for Mr. Moore. I wish I could do more!

I am so glad to hear that this man has not been forgotten. I do not live in Pecan but know a few employee's and members who live and work there. I have taken a drive to Granbury in search of Mr. Moore and intend to go again. It is frustrating to know that the Community has not pushed for more searches for Mr. Moore. Of course there may be information that we are not privy to and LE may be doing searches we are not aware that they are doing. (sigh) I am sure that there has been air searches but I would love to hear that someone has actually done land searches. I too have had mental images of Mr. Moore but they were of dense trees and the number 4. Also an image of a "For Sale" sign. I would be more that happy to help in any search for Mr. Moore. Since Mr. Moore went to the auto parts store, O'Reilly's?, maybe he could have driven to the local airport? I don't think it is that far from O'Reilly's. I too believe Mr. Moore suffered some type of stroke. Whatever the case this man did not vanish into thin air. He needs to be found.

Ok, I'm in a mood (my AC unit rattled, banged and stopped abruptly as I drove in my driveway - only to never come back on. :( always on a weekend....)

Bill, I'm asking these questions for you

1. why no reward? families with seemingly much less offer rewards for their loved ones.

2. why "WAS he nearing the the end of his life?" Not ISSSSSS nearing the end of his life? (see original quote above)

3. why no public request (or continued requests) for help? More articles on the front page of the local paper, on Facebook on the local HOA news - anywhere? Why no tv spots - at least by local LE? Isn't that pretty much the norm? Where I live, they're very frequent, and I don't live in a large metropolitan area.

4. were any flyers posted anywhere - along the highway, at the hardware store, on FB, or in the community where he lived?

5. Why, oh why only minimal changes in the brief article about his disappearance. Why not a little more info given about him that might help us locate him? Tell us about him, instead of the bare facts.

6. Could someone have stolen his truck, painted it, switched plates and be driving around in plain sight? His truck was an older model - let's be on the lookout for the model - not just a brown truck with his particular plates. (criminals can be creative sometimes, especially when they feel they've gotten away with something)

7. why no organized search (that most locals know about)? I'd think once you are out of the gates of the community, which is where he was last seen leaving - you're out of their jurisdiction, and they couldn't keep anyone from searching.

8. why no outcry to OTR truckers to keep an eye out for the truck? Why just his name on some database LE had access to - which I searched for and couldn't find.

9. Could as SeekingJana mused - there be some family dynamic the public isn't privy to? Could he have left in his truck and decided to "go home". Most elderly gentlemen/of that generation live pretty simple lives, wouldn't need a lot of clothes or belongings to take. Maybe he took a few treasured items with him and left? I don't think anyone even knew what he was wearing that day anyway, and- maybe he had more cash than they were aware of? A lot of people from previous generations aren't comfortable with "putting all their eggs in one basket" so to speak.

10. all of the above

...just musings and nothing but speculation about where you might be, what happened to you, and how we can get you home Bill. I'm hoping there's more going on behind the scenes than appears. You aren't forgotten. You've touched my heart, and I'd like to see you back home with your loved ones.

:please:

Have spoken to a few people close to the case. This is what they have said:
Mr. Moore had lunch at Braum's, a sit- down ice cream and burger franchise establishment. No credible sighting of him at Wendy's or other fast food restaurant.
He did not pick up the airplane part at Reilly's Auto Parts store in Granbury, which was the stated reason for his trip into Granbury from Pecan Plantation.

Therefore, the last definitive sighting/ video of him was at Braum's.. It should be noted that Braum's in Granbury is perhaps 3-4 years old, and is located on the business bypass part of Hwy. 377. Braum's is approx. 3- 4 blocks from Lake Granbury, which is behind the establishment on a service road.

No updates have been released to the public. He is still listed as a missing person.

When a vehicle seems to have vanished into thin air, I believe it is most likely that it is under water. I have no understanding of the technology or cost of searching for vehicles under water, but this is where searches for people missing WITH their vehicles should be focused. Wouldn't it be great if there were a non-profit organization devoted to under-water searches, much like TES, but specializing in lakes, ponds, rivers, etc.? Perhaps there is and I don't know about it?

Yes to the previous post. We definitely need underwater equipment in this area, because the land surrounding the large bodies of water is so flat and the water is so deep.
The general consensus of ALL the people I have talked to ( none in LE) is that Mr. Moore accidentally drove his truck off into deep water and drowned. There is NO question but that he was loved by his family and his friends here in Pecan Plantation. He was a very low-risk person for a random crime. ( Plus, no activity on any of his financial accounts post- disappearance).

Perhaps he made a wrong turn, mis-gauged the distance needed for stopping, or had a medical event happen which rendered him unable to control his vehicle.

IF you walked with me along the banks of our main bodies of water, I think ALL of you would see how very very easy it would be for a vehicle to go into the water unnoticed...
It is beautiful here, but the beauty comes at the price of safety guard rails.
For example, my own doctor's office in Granbury is on Lake Granbury's banks.. There are no guard rails separating the parking lot and access road of the medical complex from the lake. It has ALWAYS bothered me that sick people, elderly patients, and perhaps under the influence of medication, are left so unprotected.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back