Texas Baby Missing for 8 Years Found, Will Go Home

I don't understand why this child's case was closed and his name removed from missing children's lists, if he wasn't ever found. Major ball dropping, here.

WOW. Thank you god for bringing this baby back to his mother. Happy tears. Thoughts and prayers to this mother and child as they have a lot to recover!! :)

I don't understand why this child's case was closed and his name removed from missing children's lists, if he wasn't ever found. Major ball dropping, here.

I agree, MAJOR ball-dropping. They couldn't locate the babysitter, and basically gave up and took her name off the to-do list. And there she was, living with relatives neglecting and abusing the child.

I HOPE they bring in a good family counselor for them. The mother has 5 children at home and now a 'new' older brother is going to come onboard. And he is going to have some issues, most likely. I really hope they can get some family support to help them with this reunification process. :rose:

BD1, I agree. Very sad that he was allowed to remain with this woman much longer than he was, probably because of that case being closed.

I'm so glad he was found, and hopefully young enough to get treatment and recover whatever he may have gone through.

I HOPE they bring in a good family counselor for them. The mother has 5 children at home and now a 'new' older brother is going to come onboard. And he is going to have some issues, most likely. I really hope they can get some family support to help them with this reunification process. :rose:

Does she have any of her other children at home?

"During the hearing, there was a brief discussion that a different Houston family has come forward to say they are raising the couple's four other children and have for eight years."
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...r-suspicion-despite-missing-boy-s-3423859.php

What the heck? How can someone just give away her kids? What about the father?

I posted this in the other thread on this child...not really news that makes me smile now that we know a little more about the situation.

DNA test shows man biological father of kidnapped boy, 99.99 match. The mother, Auboni Champion-Morin, took the test on Wednesday, according to KTRK.
Champion-Morin's DNA test result should be known before a hearing on March 28.

Court testimony showed Champion-Morin has had five other children, one of which has died. The other four live with an acquaintance, according to KTRK.

full story at link http://www.ktre.com/story/17213415/d...-kidnapped-boy

This poor sweet boy, at this point I'm thinking he is best served by staying in foster care and hopefully being adopted after parental rights are terminated, which is exactly what I hope happens here. WTH has 4 children all living with an acquaintance and expects her kidnapped son to be returned to her? :doh:

I thought something was weird with this. I saw an interview with the mom and she seemed shifty-eyed. I wanted to post my suspicions but I couldn't find that particular interview again. The others I saw did not reveal what I felt was odd-behavior on the mom's part.
I also thought her explanation of the case being closed was odd and that they refused to do a DNA test after she had her baby. She was asked if she demanded one and her answer seemed a bit evasive.

It makes me wonder if the "babysitter" was really guilty of kidnapping. Or was she actually caring for the child for the parents and lost contact with them. So when she moved, she couldn't reach them. Or was she caring for the boy and concerned about his care with the parents, and took him and ran to protect him.

That wouldn't be the "proper" or even the wisest way to handle it I agree. But I couldn't fault her for her instincts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back