Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The John Goodman DUI manslaughter trial in Palm Beach County Court

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    I wonder if he is really as dumb as he came across as in court and can he even speak u for himself. Probably can't heat water in a microwave! Very sad.
    I do feel sorry for him...I do not think he meant to kill anyone, I do not think he thought the kid was just in a ditch ether.
    I think he was 8 sheets to the wind drunk and could not think his way out of a paper bag, and made many errors.
    He should have dialed 911 instantly.
    He knew he would have gotten a breathalyzer.
    FROM that point the rest was just a roll of errors.

I think he would have gotten into less trouble for driving while drunk.

The worst part is the boy may have been saved if there was a 911 call instantly.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    Forget the tequila, how about the accommodations they are not 4 star, I think he should complain
    I'm so glad he was found guilty, he thought the jury was going to believe he couldn't remember any phone # not 911 give me a break.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nickster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nickster View Post
    I'm so glad he was found guilty, he thought the jury was going to believe he couldn't remember any phone # not 911 give me a break.
    I do not know anybodys phone # since I got a cell phone
    I do not dial anyone.
    I can believe he did not know anyones #
    But HE DID KNOW 911
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Dropping in to say that THIS jury got it right!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RubyBlu For This Useful Post:

I do not dial anyone.
    But HE DID KNOW 911
    He only knew 911 when Lisa told him he had to call, then he responded, "and turn myself in?"... Imagine that.

I bet if he could have gotten his buddy Carlos on the phone he would have offered him $$$ to say he was driving! I'd bet my life on it!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Wow, I thought this was about John Goodman, from Roseanne. I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about it on this celebrity/pop culture website I frequent....

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Angry

He only knew 911 when Lisa told him he had to call, then he responded, "and turn myself in?"... Imagine that.

I bet if he could have gotten his buddy Carlos on the phone he would have offered him $$$ to say he was driving! I'd bet my life on it!
    Let's hope this POS receives the Maximum sentence for this crime!!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RubyBlu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    Wow, I thought this was about John Goodman, from Roseanne. I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about it on this celebrity/pop culture website I frequent....
    Too funny eileenhawkeye! This John Goodman had a much, much bigger bankroll than that John Goodman. Unfortunately he did not have the brains to match!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RubyBlu View Post
    Let's hope this POS receives the Maximum sentence for this crime!!
    I agree. However, it never seems DUI sentences are that severe, imo.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

I read somewhere last week (maybe one of the local news sites) that his BA was .11. I was surprised. .08 is legally drunk (and not really stumbling, falling down). I expected something a lot higher since the state was talking about how many shots he did (after the accident - per JG, oh please!).

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    I read somewhere last week (maybe one of the local news sites) that his BA was .11. I was surprised. .08 is legally drunk (and not really stumbling, falling down). I expected something a lot higher since the state was talking about how many shots he did (after the accident - per JG, oh please!).
    His BaC was 0.17 3 hours after the accident and estimated to be 0.26 at the time of the accident.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

His BaC was 0.17 3 hours after the accident and estimated to be 0.26 at the time of the accident.
    Ok, now we're talking. That makes much more sense.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

Wonder how he feels knowing that he can't get out of this now no matter how much money he has. I'm sure Mr. Tommy Lee Jones can't even help him now.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

Amount of Goodman settlement revealed: $46 million

April 19, 2012

WEST PALM BEACH – The number 23 looms large in the lives of Lili and William Wilson.

It was the age of their son, Scott, when he drowned after his car was hit by a Bentley driven by drunken Wellington polo mogul John Goodman and shoved into a canal.

It is also the amount – in millions – that each of the Wilsons agreed to accept for losing their son in the February 2010 alcohol-fueled crash on a dark road in Wellington’s famed horse country.

The $46 million settlement that brought an abrupt end to lawsuits the Wilsons filed against Goodman was revealed in court papers filed this week. Goodman’s attorneys divulged the eye-popping amount as part of their efforts to get the 48-year old sprung from jail while he appeals his conviction on charges of DUI manslaughter and vehicular homicide.

Christian Searcy, who represents Lili Wilson in her civil lawsuit, confirmed the settlement.

But, he scoffed at the notion that the settlement could persuade Palm Beach County Circuit Judge Jeffrey Colbath to release Goodman while his attorneys try to prove that jurors who convicted their client last month violated court rules or that prosecutors and the media improperly fueled a “wealth bias” against him.

More at link:
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cr...n-2315303.html

Goodman will be sentenced on April 30.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to francie For This Useful Post:

http://www.wpbf.com/news/south-flori...l/-/index.html

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - On the day a Wellington polo mogul was supposed to be sentenced for his role in a drunken driving crash that killed a 23-year-old recent college graduate, John Goodman instead sat in the courtroom as the judge questioned jurors about whether his wealth played a role in their guilty verdict.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:

Goodman case juror said he was pressured into guilty verdict

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cr...o-2332148.html

Juror Michael St. John made the revelation this afternoon as Circuit Judge Jeffrey Colbath interviewed the six jurors and two alternates on the case in response to allegations of juror misconduct in the case surrounding the Feb. 2010 drowning death of 23-year-old Scott Wilson. St. John said that he was pressured by other jurors to find Goodman guilty of DUI manslaughter.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_...ct-allegations

"I called Mr. Black right way I said 'I'm not looking for money or anything.' I tried to call the judge and he never returned my call," said Delano.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:

On bond for Appeal. bond is $7million. Will be on house arrest and will have to hire a member of LE to watch him at all times. If girlfriend adoption goes through, he may have to return to prision (14 years).

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
    Hmmm, came here expecting to see some friends, but appears no one has even visited this thread in some time.

*ATL looks around and sees dust in thread*

Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sooner Fan#1 For This Useful Post:

Angry

I just recently discovered this trial on InSession. Incredible! I can't believe the defense thinks people will buy that it was a car malfunction and that he didn't drink 'till after the accident. He waited an hour before calling for help, and that was only at the urging of the woman whose phone he borrowed. Said nothing to the 911 dispatcher that another person was involved,and did nothing to check on the status of his victim!!! Of course he didn't see him coming, he was too drunk, IMO! A needless death of a young promising engineering grad. He didn't die from the accident, he died from drowining by being pushed into the canal!!!
    The polo player had no credibility as a witness because he was drinking. And who has no phone on his property, but an alarm system and keeps alcohol there???
    I think Goodman thinks he'll get off just because he is rich and good looking!
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

Arrow

John Goodman has quite a history and not a good one. It hasn't come out in the trial yet, but am sure it will. I wish this trial was covered on IS.
    It is now!
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

I do not dial anyone.
    But HE DID KNOW 911
    No, it came out that he called his girlfriend before calling 911, so apparently he can remember phone numbers!

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

Unhappy

On bond for Appeal. bond is $7million. Will be on house arrest and will have to hire a member of LE to watch him at all times. If girlfriend adoption goes through, he may have to return to prision (14 years).
    Please tell me there's been an update on his appeal, I want this POS behind bars!!!

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    I just recently discovered this trial on InSession. Incredible! I can't believe the defense thinks people will buy that it was a car malfunction and that he didn't drink 'till after the accident. He waited an hour before calling for help, and that was only at the urging of the woman whose phone he borrowed. Said nothing to the 911 dispatcher that another person was involved,and did nothing to check on the status of his victim!!! Of course he didn't see him coming, he was too drunk, IMO! A needless death of a young promising engineering grad. He didn't die from the accident, he died from drowining by being pushed into the canal!!!
    The polo player had no credibility as a witness because he was drinking. And who has no phone on his property, but an alarm system and keeps alcohol there???
    I think Goodman thinks he'll get off just because he is rich and good looking!
    What gets me about this ridiculous claim is that he didn't see that he was pushing a car in front of him and it suddenly fall off into a canal? Please!!! What a crock. I realize things like this happen quickly but the mind has a way of using slow motion. My mom and I were in a wreck years ago and because of the slow motion the mind plays they found the truck that cut us off cuz it had an emblem on the door that I saw. It wasn't as large as I had seen in my mind but none the less no one else noticed it except me and a couple of witnesses. I can still see it to this day. He was plain drunk as a skunk and didn't want anyone to know. He is a POS.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

Why isn't In Session covering the trials live anymore?

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sandraJ For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast