1232 users online (270 members and 962 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 666
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,861

    New website for Lisa

    http://findlisairwin.com/

    This is a new website for baby Lisa endorsed by the family. It appears to be under construction, so check back for updates.

    ETA: I found this through FB. A family member posted it. It is associated with a new FB page. I am not allowed to link that page per mods.
    Last edited by askfornina; 03-16-2012 at 10:09 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by askfornina View Post
    http://findlisairwin.com/

    This is a new website for baby Lisa endorsed by the family. It appears to be under construction, so check back for updates.
    Long time coming, no?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,861
    You all may remember, on Oct 24th, Cyndy Short announced the creation of this website: http://www.findbabylisa.com/. It's still up, although it hasn't been updated since November the 15th.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    8,382
    Quote Originally Posted by askfornina View Post
    http://findlisairwin.com/

    This is a new website for baby Lisa endorsed by the family. It appears to be under construction, so check back for updates.
    It's a nice looking website. Thanks for posting the link Nina.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,285

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by askfornina View Post
    http://findlisairwin.com/

    This is a new website for baby Lisa endorsed by the family. It appears to be under construction, so check back for updates.
    askfornina asked permission to post this website. Please remember the rules and discuss only the website (and remember the zero tolerance policy for snark etc etc)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,952

    Arrow "official site" means ... what?

    Thanks askfornina for finding and linking this new site.

    Curious to me that the site does not explicitly say --
    we are Deb & Jer, baby's parents, who set up & are sponsoring the site.
    Does not show multiple pix of Lisa w. D & J
    (altho site's home page quotes one sentence from "Deborah & Jeremy").

    "Official site" may seem to imply to some readers that parents are sponsors,
    but not clear to me that they are (or def team is).
    Looks to me like anybody cd hv set this up.

    If in fact D & J have given the site their blessing, could defense team hv instigated this
    for poss. future use --- see, parents were looking ?

    And like 4jacy posted above, long time coming.

    About C. Short-ref'ed website, whose 'intellectual prop'/copyright be that belong to?
    Even w. falling out of local atty & remote atty, seems strange to me
    that Tacopina wd adv. D & J to ignore or distance selves from that site.
    Assuming Short was site's sponsor/owner, would Short have refused to relinquish to D & J?
    Last edited by al66pine; 03-16-2012 at 09:12 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    8,382
    Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post
    Thanks askfornina for finding and linking this new site.

    Curious to me that the site does not explicitly say --
    we are Deb & Jer, baby's parents, who set up & are sponsoring the site.
    Does not show multiple pix of Lisa w. D & J
    (altho site's home page quotes one sentence from "Deborah & Jeremy").

    "Official site" may seem to imply to some readers that parents are sponsors,
    but not clear to me that they are (or def team is).
    Looks to me like anybody cd hv set this up.

    If in fact D & J have given the site their blessing, could defense team hv instigated this
    for poss. future use --- see, parents were looking ?

    And like 4jacy posted above, long time coming.

    About C. Short-ref'ed website, whose 'intellectual prop'/copyright be that belong to?
    Even w. falling out of local atty & remote atty, seems strange to me
    that Tacopina wd adv. D & J to ignore or distance selves from that site.
    Assuming Short was site's sponsor/owner, would Short have refused to relinquish to D & J?
    When I look at this website I see Lisa. It's a website designed to help find her. I support that goal.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,765
    To the family of the abductors- ATTENTION! All new Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles- You may be holding our daughter in your arms! The people who have our daughter LISA have been lying to you! If a new child 1- 1 1/2 yrs. old has entered your family after October 4, 2011 PLEASE TAKE A CLOSER LOOK!
    "our daughter"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,380
    I'm not so sure about that site. . .there is no "about us" or "contact us" info. Yes I looked and it's not registered to anybody we would know in this case or from MO. IP comes back to a different location than the registered owner's.

    Just sayin. . .

    ETA-not that there is anything wrong with the site, just that it may not be coming from or endorsed by who we may assume it is. When Cyndy Short started her site it checked out.. .registered to a company in Kansas City, MO and IP in Kansas City, MO.
    Last edited by hambirg; 03-16-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,861
    Well, a family member posted it on FB. It is associated with a new FB page with family members on it. I asked, and I'm not allowed to link.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    8,382
    Quote Originally Posted by hambirg View Post
    I'm not so sure about that site. . .there is no "about us" or "contact us" info. Yes I looked and it's not registered to anybody we would know in this case or from MO. IP comes back to a different location than the registered owners.

    Just sayin. . .
    That's what I like about this site. It isn't about anyone other than Lisa. No "Donate Here" button.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,285
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    askfornina asked permission to post this website. Please remember the rules and discuss only the website (and remember the zero tolerance policy for snark etc etc)
    bumping this up. If you want to talk about what is on the website that is fine. If you want to talk about what your theory is or rugs or dogs or any other topic (there are literally hundreds) take that discussion there. Some people think the family is innocent and that is their right to that opinion.

    If you have nothing nice to say please move along.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,902
    They want you to send them your tips.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    653
    From Deborah and Jeremy,

    "Thank you to the KCPD, the FBI and the hundreds of volunteers that worked tirelessly to find Lisa. You are Lisa's angels and we appreciate your help more than we can express"
    Worked, past tense??

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    8,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Meri View Post
    Worked, past tense??
    Your right, that doesn't sound correct since Lisa hasn't been found yet. Maybe I'll send them a note to fix that.

    ETA: I sent them a note to fix that. We'll see if they do.
    Last edited by RANCH; 03-16-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Help Find Missing Lisa Stebic Website
    By CW in forum Lisa Stebic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-18-2016, 02:45 AM
  2. Website savy? Selling stuff on your website
    By Sleuthster in forum WS-BAY!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 05:31 PM
  3. Find Baby Lisa Website
    By daisy7 in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-28-2011, 12:42 PM
  4. Lawyer of baby Lisa's family sets up a website
    By nursebeeme in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 233
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 01:52 AM