Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FL - Maria Murphy, 45, Coral Springs, 16 March 2012

Prayers as I bump this back to the top.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5CentsWorth For This Useful Post:

Her poor family needs answers. Hope to hear some good news soon.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/14233
    Her Namus link still says her car is missing.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Just came to check for any news links--- So scary, to just walk away and disappear. I have no other choice but to leave her be. She was healthy and able-bodied last time anyone saw her--- I assume, hunting her down is now considered "stalking".

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BeeBeeOh For This Useful Post:

according to FB, she is from Columbia and was last there in January. Maybe she got homesick and went back there. She has a lot of family there as well. I wonder if they checked airlines. IMO

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swanniee11 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/14233
    Her Namus link still says her car is missing.
    Okay, now I am confused. I thought the car, the BMW, was found. She left it at a resturant and walked away, her purse, and ID were on the seat. If that was her husband's car, where is her Car? Maybe someone had the keys and drove it to a place and waited for her? Or she parked it some where and walked to it and drove off?
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skully For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by swanniee11 View Post
    according to FB, she is from Columbia and was last there in January. Maybe she got homesick and went back there. She has a lot of family there as well. I wonder if they checked airlines. IMO
    She left her passport at home.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Checked family's facebook and website for Maria. No new updates. Family and friends were out in Coral springs yesterday handing out flyers.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Maria has been missing for one month as of today. Her family and friends are holding a prayer service at a local church. This info from her sister and cousin's tweets/fb.

Where are you, Maria? Hoping you are safe.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

I want to thank all of you for your input. I read these blogs often, and I appreciate the thoughtful conversation and ideas. Please keep up the great work, as we are still aggressively looking for Maria. Unfortunatley, there are no significant updates to the case. Thank you again, and I hope you are all well.
    Sincerely,
    Detective Collins

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Detective C. For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Okay, now I am confused. I thought the car, the BMW, was found. She left it at a resturant and walked away, her purse, and ID were on the seat. If that was her husband's car, where is her Car? Maybe someone had the keys and drove it to a place and waited for her? Or she parked it some where and walked to it and drove off?
    It was outdated information, it's been updated now to say:

On 3/17/12, at approximately 2:00 am, Maria "Claudia" Murphy, and her black BMW vehicle, were reported as missing by her husband. Investigation revealed that on 3/16/12, at approximately 1:00 pm, Maria made an ATM deposit of $5000 at a Bank of America in Coral Springs, FL. Maria's vehicle was recovered on 3/20/12, at 7944 W Sample Rd, in Margate, FL. Nearby surveillance footage revealed that Maria parked her vehicle at that location on 3/16/12, at approximately 1:15 pm. Maria exited her vehicle alone wearing a light yellow shirt, blue jeans, and a handbag with long shoulder straps. Maria walked eastbound through the parking lot. Additional surveillance footage revealed Maria's last known location to be on the NE corner of Lyons Rd/Copans Rd in Coconut Creek, FL at approximately 2:45 pm, on the same date.
    Maria left her passports, and her only known cell phone at her residence. Additionally, Maria's wallet containing her identification and credit/debit cards were found inside her recovered vehicle.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

If I had not seen Maria walk away from her car, I would not have believed it. But I know there have been cases of people just walking away from their lives and families. I guess we don't know what drives them to this, we don't have a window into the minds of people and it seems so odd or not believable to many. I recently learned that a relative of my husband's did this some time ago. The family thought she was killed by her father, but they were able to track her down and she is alive and well, she just had had enough of her dad and left town, and state to start a new life. That was over 30 years ago. She never told a soul she was leaving and never contact anyone once she left.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skully For This Useful Post:

The question is - where would Maria go? Where did she have family? Where did she have friends? Why would she want to disappear? Did she have a secret romance? What information are we missing?

I worry that her leaving may have been voluntary, but is she now being kept against her will?

Bern, I agree with you. The video really changed my perspective. It is obvious that she left on her own with her own mission in mind. She may just have decided to start over. It has certainly happened.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

I'm just checking in to see if there was anything new.

Does she go by Maria or Claudia? Seems like family use her middle name for her...

Here's her "Missing" website:

http://www.findclaudiamurphy.com/

Her full name:
    Maria Claudia Valderrama Murphy

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

The video definitely shows her carrying a bag of some sort. I agree with whomever said it resembles a hobo bag style purse. It could also be one of those lightweight sack packs that are so popular now, like a lightweight backpack that everybody uses. My son uses one for lightweight athletics & I just sling it over my shoulder when attending tournaments.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

http://www.findclaudiamurphy.com/

Snipped:
    Maria Claudia Murphy of Coral Springs, Florida. A mother, a wife, and an animal lover. She is 45 years old, a U.S. citizen originally from Bogota, Colombia, 5'10" tall, weighs 170 lbs, has long brown hair and a dragonfly tattoo over her left ankle. She is fluent in English and Spanish. Maria Claudia was last seen on friday March 16th, 2012, wearing jeans, an off-white or pale yellow t-shirt, a black bag slung over her shoulder, and a neck strap to hold her sunglasses.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Official timeline link with surveillance photos from her "Missing" site. Whomever did this site did a helluva job!

http://www.findclaudiamurphy.com/index.php/time-line

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Is her Facebook linked yet? I'll go over the thread, sorry coming in late...

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...s-frank-murphy

Snipped:
    Maria Murphy moved from Bogota, Colombia, her homeland, to the United States when she was about 18 years old, her husband said. She has a 24-year-old son from a prior relationship who resides in California, Frank Murphy said.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Going through articles, noticed something... Frequent customer for 10 years but hasn't seen her in the past couple of months? Has anything besides an impending move been going on with her over the past couple of months before her disappearance?

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/03/21...eft-id-in-car/

Snipped:
    Alvaro Tobar owns the restaurant where Murphy’s car was found. He said Murphy was a frequent guest in his restaurant for 10 years but he hasn’t seen her in the last couple of months.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    Going through articles, noticed something... Frequent customer for 10 years but hasn't seen her in the past couple of months? Has anything besides an impending move been going on with her over the past couple of months before her disappearance?

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/03/21...eft-id-in-car/

Snipped:
    Alvaro Tobar owns the restaurant where Murphy’s car was found. He said Murphy was a frequent guest in his restaurant for 10 years but he hasn’t seen her in the last couple of months.
    Hi Jersey,

Maria left that car in a state that would indicate she was kidnapped if you had not seen that video and all the other ones. I noted it is a good thing for the husband or he would be a POI in this case. As I looked at the videos and photos of her walking, she walks with purpose, not like someone disoriented or confused, but like she has a place to get to. I do think she of her own free will. Maybe checking with her son in CA would be a good idea if they have not.

The remark about not seeing her for the past few months is telling. People don't change habits unless something comes into their lives to change them. I still have to wonder if she was seeing someone during that time and moving to TN was unbearable for her at this time of life. JMO

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skully For This Useful Post:

Here is my list of questions

1. Where did they get the $5,000? Was it a tax refund? Was it cash? A check? If it was a check, we can identify the source. If it was cash, it's less obvious.

2. Assuming that she had a particular destination during her walk, why did she choose to park so far away from her intended ending point?

3. Why were they moving to Tennessee?

4. Who fits the profile of someone who would meet up with her and not choose to let anyone know that she is missing?

5. Do we have any information on her cell phone activity before she was seen leaving her car at the restaurant?

6. Why did she choose to park her car at that restaurant? Did she wish to have one last meal?

46. The Following User Says Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast