Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I don't understand. Why do you think she headed back to her car? It looks to me like the 2:45 sighting is farther away from her car, not closer. At 2 pm she was walking east at Copans and US 441 and if she continued in the same direction it takes her to the 2:45 sighting at Copan and Lyons. Her car is to the west and a little north.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Sorry about the confusion- as you can see I edited it out. I think we cross posted When I mapped it on google with the addresses and cross streets I came out with something different (I think because I didn't use directional prefixes on the streets). Anyways, when I looked at your map and inserted the more specific cross streets it all worked out. So disregard that earlier post. Apparently google maps gets confused easily in that city.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

I really hope LE moves quickly (by everything I have read they seem to be working very hard on this case) and looks through all the hospitals etc. Spring break is coming and I am worried they will be busy with taking care of that crowd.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Video shows missing woman in Coconut Creek

http://www.local10.com/news/Video-sh...4/-/iio7r3z/-/

Published On: Mar 23 2012 04:37:54 PM EDT
    Updated On: Mar 24 2012 03:08:31 AM EDT

CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. -The search continues for a missing Coral Springs woman as police say they have spotted her in another surveillance video, this time in Coconut Creek.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    I revised my earlier map to show the sighting location.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=14...a=2,4&t=m&z=14

A is the bank, B is the car, C and D are sightings.
    can you map her home address as well? I'm not good with the mapping thing

Search Continues for Missing Woman

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46843700.../#.T24IU2ES2Ag

By Julia Bagg
    NBCMIAMI.com
    updated 1 hour 0 minutes ago

Martha Valderrama could not hold back tears as she spoke of her missing sister. “We need to find her,” she sobbed, wearing a T-shirt with the missing woman’s picture.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

I just found out that Maria is my daughter's fiance's friend's aunt (did that even make sense?) I haven't read about the case until my daughter came in and told me about it. I'll see if I can find out anything new and if so, I'll post it. So terribly heartbreaking.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

I am still always surprised that someone can vanish in the middle of a city.

I suspect that she is in some sort of fugue state. Since she has no money on her- maybe they should be checking park benches and overpasses at night. She has to sleep somewhere.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by suzier View Post
    I'm confused. They say in the article and on the video she left her purse, wallet, and personal belongings behind. But, in the video she is carrying what appears to be a purse. Has anyone heard if they have any idea what she was carrying?
    That is definitely a handbag. You can see her flinging it on her shoulder when she gets out of the car. She definitely ran away. MOO

http://www.local10.com/news/Surveill...5/-/index.html

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Janeumayer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by swanniee11 View Post
    can you map her home address as well? I'm not good with the mapping thing
    I would have but I'm not sure what her home address is?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Janeumayer View Post
    That is definitely a handbag. You can see her flinging it on her shoulder when she gets out of the car. She definitely ran away. MOO

http://www.local10.com/news/Surveill...5/-/index.html
    om

How big does it look to you? Someone said it could be a camera case- (I can't watch the video). I guess it could be a smaller, second purse if she didn't want to carry the big one left in her car??

I would have thought runaway- but why didn't she take all the money she just deposited? Why not take the car? It is puzzling.

She is a professional woman who had a good paying career a few years ago, so she must have money of her own. She also is educated and has a family (outside of her husband) that she could go to . I figured if she wanted "out" she would get some money, rent a nice condo somewhere and get a divorce. If she was scared of her husband (no reports so far of DV FWIW) I could see her going to the bank, withdrawing a large sum of cash and then leaving in her car- to go live under the radar out of town until she gets divorced from him.

And finally, I just don't see her leaving without her passport or a few personal items. If she wanted to appear to have runaway taking your passport would be a good clue to leave behind.

I just don't know. I respect that your "runaway" theory could be totally possible- but I still think something is wrong with her. I think because she didn't take out money from the bank.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

"What they fear is that Claudia may be wandering and disoriented because she had been suffering the lingering effects of food poisoning and was taking medication."

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/03/24...-maria-murphy/

Maybe my prior food poisoning experiences have been different, but I couldn't go from home let alone far from my bathroom? Now medication I can agree with, but was it for the food poisoning or maybe something else?

I just hope she's ok. Lots of confusing behavior I'll agree.
    “A person's a person, no matter how small.”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
    You have to go places no others can get to.
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ― Dr. Seuss

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by suzier View Post
    I'm confused. They say in the article and on the video she left her purse, wallet, and personal belongings behind. But, in the video she is carrying what appears to be a purse. Has anyone heard if they have any idea what she was carrying?
    I've been known to carry a larger bag with smaller purse inside, but in my case I would have done the opposite - I'd leave the larger bag behind (in the trunk) and take the important things with me if I was going off walking. (even though the smaller in my case is usually heavier with billfold w/driver's license, cards, change etc...) I wouldn't leave anything like that in my car.

I can't remember - do we know if these items were in plain view on the front seat, or were they on the floor slid under the seat to try and conceal?

I'm leaning toward confused state, would you "parade" on the sidewalks of busy thoroughfares without at least trying to somehow altar your appearance if you were trying to disappear?
    “A person's a person, no matter how small.”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
    You have to go places no others can get to.
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ― Dr. Seuss

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mahoolin View Post
    "What they fear is that Claudia may be wandering and disoriented because she had been suffering the lingering effects of food poisoning and was taking medication."

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/03/24...-maria-murphy/

Maybe my prior food poisoning experiences have been different, but I couldn't go from home let alone far from my bathroom? Now medication I can agree with, but was it for the food poisoning or maybe something else?

I just hope she's ok. Lots of confusing behavior I'll agree.

I actually have a little bit of expertise in the area. Some food borne illnesses last for a couple of weeks, but some of the intestinal difficulties might last only the first few days. Some food borne illnesses don't have any intestinal issues. Anyway, even if you don't have many outward symptoms, you still might be on antibiotics for awhile.

Even since I saw that "Disappeared" episode about the woman who had some sort of amnesic episode and was lost for a couple months, basically wandering from place to place until she IIRC ended up in a hospital and LE realized who she was. She still is having a hard time remembering things about her past. I think these episodes are pretty rare, but it could happen.
    I do think the affects of certain drugs can alter your state enough to make you confused enough to wander away. Perhaps then someone took advantage of her.

I hope we hear some new today.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    I actually have a little bit of expertise in the area. Some food borne illnesses last for a couple of weeks, but some of the intestinal difficulties might last only the first few days. Some food borne illnesses don't have any intestinal issues. Anyway, even if you don't have many outward symptoms, you still might be on antibiotics for awhile.

Even since I saw that "Disappeared" episode about the woman who had some sort of amnesic episode and was lost for a couple months, basically wandering from place to place until she IIRC ended up in a hospital and LE realized who she was. She still is having a hard time remembering things about her past. I think these episodes are pretty rare, but it could happen.
    I do think the affects of certain drugs can alter your state enough to make you confused enough to wander away. Perhaps then someone took advantage of her.

I hope we hear some new today.
    BBM
    Like Compazine, which may have been used-I couldn't remember the whole day when I took that, and felt disoriented for days.
    Evil don't look like anything...

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shelby2 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast