Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FL - Maria Murphy, 45, Coral Springs, 16 March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    I feel like I need a smack in the center of my forehead bc I actually wondered for a fleeting second if Claudia could be an intelligence spy. Omg. How does this lady disappear in a very busy time of day & still not be found 2 whole months later? Leaving her id is weird. She either had another id as backup in another name or she left without any id at all. It's not that complicated nor time consuming to assume another identity. Could Claudia suffer schizophrenia? Probably far fetched but just wondering...
    So maybe my hostage of family theory isn't so nuts after all! Smack me now, LOL.

With all the ways to steal and create new Identities, it is not far fetched at all, but the trick is not getting caught on those pesty cameras.
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

If Maria was confused/lost, it makes sense that she went to the restaurant. Perhaps she drove past it and recognized it.

If she was not lost, then why park so far away from where she was going? I guess you would do that if you didn't want anyone to know that you went to a certain place. That place could have been a meet up location. Or, perhaps she was up to something sinister. What if she was carrying a gun? What if she tried to use it and was overpowered by someone?

I just throwing things out there. Nothing makes any sense in this case. If she wasn't actively hiding or abducted/killed, one would expect her to turn up somewhere.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Cadaver dogs were used on April 11 & 12 in the area of Lyons & Copans Road. Wonder why not search & rescue dogs rather than cadaver...

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Cadaver...tml?fullSite=y

Cadaver Dogs Used in Search for Missing Coral Springs Woman
    Maria Claudia Murphy was last seen on March 16
    By Brian Hamacher | *Friday, Apr 13, 2012 *| *Updated 12:24 PM EDTView Comments () | Email | Print

Snipped:
    The dogs searched Wednesday and Thursday in the area of Lyons and Copans Road, as authorities continue their search for 45-year-old Maria Claudia Murphy, Coral Springs Police spokesman Lt. Joe McHugh said.

McHugh said the dogs searched in a large open field and didn't detect anything.

... Sooo, how do they go from handing out flyers & foot searches to searches involving cadaver dogs? Is this mid wording or are the dogs dual trained? Why cadaver dogs? Was Claudia suicidal?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Cadaver dogs were used on April 11 & 12 in the area of Lyons & Copans Road. Wonder why not search & rescue dogs rather than cadaver...

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Cadaver...tml?fullSite=y

Cadaver Dogs Used in Search for Missing Coral Springs Woman
    Maria Claudia Murphy was last seen on March 16
    By Brian Hamacher | *Friday, Apr 13, 2012 *| *Updated 12:24 PM EDTView Comments () | Email | Print

Snipped:
    The dogs searched Wednesday and Thursday in the area of Lyons and Copans Road, as authorities continue their search for 45-year-old Maria Claudia Murphy, Coral Springs Police spokesman Lt. Joe McHugh said.

McHugh said the dogs searched in a large open field and didn't detect anything.

... Sooo, how do they go from handing out flyers & foot searches to searches involving cadaver dogs? Is this mid wording or are the dogs dual trained? Why cadaver dogs? Was Claudia suicidal?
    I missed this whole article! So they think she may have died out there? I do think they are thinking suicide. But where would her body be if this is the case? So crazy....

When was the exact date her son moved to Coconut Grove?

is it remotely feasible that she could have committed suicide in a fairly populated area, and still not be found months later? Presumably there would be better ways/places to hide it.

Judging by the bus video of her at the NE corner of Lyons and Copans, she was about to cross to the south east side. She could have then continued East, or gone South.

Could she have continued East to the butterfly place? It looks like there is some sort of path in there from Copans. Could a body stay concealed there for months? But if she was suicidal, why hide her suicide?

If she wasn't suicidal, I think she had to be meeting someone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to obody For This Useful Post:

When was the exact date her son moved to Coconut Grove?
    I have no idea, anyone here know?

I'm wondering if she could have been reminiscing. Going over her Facebook it shows that she was in contact some months ago with her ex's family. She also posted pictures of her trip to Colombia. It seems like she posts at least once a month & uploads photos...yet nothing since January? Wonder why?

Sooo... The restaurant owner says Claudia has frequented his establishment for the past 10 years BUT hasn't seen her in 2 months.

Then going over her Facebook it shows she hasn't posted since January. January til March is 2 months.

What was going on in those 2 months before she walked away & disappeared?
    I am assuming that their lives were chaotic and they didn't have time to do the usual. They were getting ready to move- they have traveled to the new job site to rent a place and they were packing. The probably were also seeing all their friends saying "goodbye" before the move. That is always how it has been with me and my family. So our last few months in a place always had a strange routine.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

I have been trying to put myself in her place and regarding suicide; there would have to be some thing in her life so unbearable that she would even think of such a thing. I know a grave illness or terminal illness is one thing we talked about, but what else would be a reason to even think about it?

I am not in her life, nor do I even pretend to be able to imagine anything in her life that would drive her to contemplate this, but I am trying to eleminate stuff.

Can we eliminate a boyfriend? If you were leaving for another person, is this the way you would go about it?

If you were just so unsatisfied in your marriage, would you literally walk away without one single thing of his? What would compel to to do that?

What causes you to erase your life and your family? The only thing I could think of with this question would be to protect them from some kind of harm.

Do we know if she gambled or had a habit that would get her in over her head?

Please know I am not trying to bash or come up with things that would be an embarrassment to her or the family, I am trying to think of stuff that maybe we could eliminate or build on.

I wonder what their financial standing is. Seems like the llcs & incs were closed prior. Prime Mechanical was taken to court for breach of contract. Now the media informs that the money deposited is for relocation fees as FM now words as a project manager of sorts for another company. There's several companies out of that household address that have gone inactive over the past 10 years. What's up with that? What's the year of Claudia's Beamer again?

Also, anybody find the address for the cabin before I start searching?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

I find it ironic that hardly anybody in Claudia's circle has posted about her this month. Also, very few of her friends/family have changed their Facebook picture to show her "Missing" poster info...not even her own son. What's up with that? Normally when a loved one disappears, family & friends bombard the web & media with photos & missing posters.

Yet not much at all over the past month.

Do they know something the public doesn't?

I think the police suspect something... I wonder if they still hold the stance of her being in danger... Or do they think she ran away for whatever reason...

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

I wonder what their financial standing is. Seems like the llcs & incs were closed prior. Prime Mechanical was taken to court for breach of contract. Now the media informs that the money deposited is for relocation fees as FM now words as a project manager of sorts for another company. There's several companies out of that household address that have gone inactive over the past 10 years. What's up with that? What's the year of Claudia's Beamer again?

Also, anybody find the address for the cabin before I start searching?
    I remember that the BMW was purchased recently in the last couple years IIRC of course. One of the other early news articles made it seem as though they were doing well and that is why Maria Claudia stopped working. Of course, this could be poor reporting.

I find it ironic that hardly anybody in Claudia's circle has posted about her this month. Also, very few of her friends/family have changed their Facebook picture to show her "Missing" poster info...not even her own son. What's up with that? Normally when a loved one disappears, family & friends bombard the web & media with photos & missing posters.

Yet not much at all over the past month.

Do they know something the public doesn't?

I think the police suspect something... I wonder if they still hold the stance of her being in danger... Or do they think she ran away for whatever reason...
    I respectfully disagree with you on this. Multiple members of the family have been involved with candlelight vigils, facebook updates, the website dedicated for her, twitter etc. The updates stopped coming regularly a couple weeks ago simply because there were no new updates. I have a feeling that Maria Claudia and her family are not big on the FB so haven't had as strong of a presence there as other people. They also have given a lot of interviews over the weeks. I think the big problem is there is NOTHING to go on except the sightings of her on camera that day. JMO of course. Early on they have said they are concerned that the illness she had in the prior week must have affected her brain somehow, but I haven't heard if they have any new theories.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Hi deca. Busy day today but wanted to quick check in for updates.

I'd like to add that I in no way shape or form am implying that her friends & family don't care or aren't involved in trying to search for her. In fact, both sides of the family have been at the forefront & vocal. What I noticed, though, is that there's hardly been mention this month. As far as Facebook goes, I definitely agree with you but that's how a lot of the family caught up with each other, kind of like just checking in etc. I'm certain they spoke on the phone as well. But I do still think its odd that I'm very used to seeing missing posters of loved ones that disappeared to be posted as a default picture on their relatives, friends, acquaintances & advocates pages - but I don't see that a lot in Claudia's case. Maybe 10 or 15 from her friends & family. That seems odd to me only bc it's different compared to what I normally see in these cases.

However, I find it odd that her son has nothing on his page stating he misses his mom, a poster of her, anything to do with the search... But...he does however mention that he had to take a polygraph. Then he posts about moving to Coconut Grove a week after the dogs searched, but then he deleted that small 3 sentence conversation. It's probably all innocent, but it is odd.

If there's a mod that may check in here, am I allowed to post his Facebook link since he took a poly? He's not a suspect as far as I know. His "likes" are death metal. He seems funny & intelligent. I haven't found anything negative on him. Everything I've come up with shows love between mother & son, nothing less. They seem soft spoken and wise, caring, give back to the community & be involved in good causes.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

For the record, I agree with ya deca. I'm leaning towards something going on in Claudia's head when she disappeared. It's sad that there's nothing to go on. I truly hope the police have something that hasn't been released. I'd love more than anything for her to be found.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Busses, rental cars, trains, planes - surely outgoing rentals & tickets for 3/15-3/18 have been checked by now...right?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Deca brought up the Butterfly Garden or Park. What's it called? Is it Butterfly World? Plus all the nature parks in that immediate area.

When Claudia was captured on surveillance by a camera at Calypso Water Park, which side of the road was she on? Was she on the side of Royal Palm that is on the same side as the water park or was she across the highway? We know she was walking east but the direction of which east could be determined by which side of the road she was on.

When Claudia was captured on surveillance by a camera at Calypso Water Park, which side of the road was she on? Was she on the side of Royal Palm that is on the same side as the water park or was she across the highway? We know she was walking east but the direction of which east could be determined by which side of the road she was on.
    I don't know about the surveillance video there, but I think she was on the north side. A friend reported seeing her crossing 441 & Royal Palm/Copans in front of the Volvo dealership, which is on the North side. And then the still from the bus video at Copans & Lyons, she is at the NE corner, appearing to cross to the SE corner. So I think she walked E. along the N. side of the road, crossed Lyons from the NW to NE side, then turned and crossed Copans from the NE to SE side.

Now, according to google maps the sidewalk ends at that intersection, going E on the North side. So she could have been continuing along Copans, just switching to the South side for more sidewalk. Or she could have gone South from there instead.

I haven't seen the video from the water park to see if that contradicts.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to obody For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by obody View Post
    I don't know about the surveillance video there, but I think she was on the north side. A friend reported seeing her crossing 441 & Royal Palm/Copans in front of the Volvo dealership, which is on the North side. And then the still from the bus video at Copans & Lyons, she is at the NE corner, appearing to cross to the SE corner. So I think she walked E. along the N. side of the road, crossed Lyons from the NW to NE side, then turned and crossed Copans from the NE to SE side.

Now, according to google maps the sidewalk ends at that intersection, going E on the North side. So she could have been continuing along Copans, just switching to the South side for more sidewalk. Or she could have gone South from there instead.

I haven't seen the video from the water park to see if that contradicts.
    They paired the video from the water park with the camera from the passing bus.

Here's where I'm going with this... If Claudia was going to Broward Transportation, wouldn't she have just taken the road she parked her car on, since it's a straight shot there? Or even Butterfly World? She walked south at one point bc she ended up on Royal Palm. So that makes me wonder if she was headed south east instead of just east. Royal Palm turns into Copans, so was there an entrance to wherever she was going located on that road? Or maybe a different bus stop that might go farther away? Where's the bus stop for the bus that takes a person to Ft Lauderdale Airport?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Hi deca. Busy day today but wanted to quick check in for updates.

I'd like to add that I in no way shape or form am implying that her friends & family don't care or aren't involved in trying to search for her. In fact, both sides of the family have been at the forefront & vocal. What I noticed, though, is that there's hardly been mention this month. As far as Facebook goes, I definitely agree with you but that's how a lot of the family caught up with each other, kind of like just checking in etc. I'm certain they spoke on the phone as well. But I do still think its odd that I'm very used to seeing missing posters of loved ones that disappeared to be posted as a default picture on their relatives, friends, acquaintances & advocates pages - but I don't see that a lot in Claudia's case. Maybe 10 or 15 from her friends & family. That seems odd to me only bc it's different compared to what I normally see in these cases.

However, I find it odd that her son has nothing on his page stating he misses his mom, a poster of her, anything to do with the search... But...he does however mention that he had to take a polygraph. Then he posts about moving to Coconut Grove a week after the dogs searched, but then he deleted that small 3 sentence conversation. It's probably all innocent, but it is odd.

If there's a mod that may check in here, am I allowed to post his Facebook link since he took a poly? He's not a suspect as far as I know. His "likes" are death metal. He seems funny & intelligent. I haven't found anything negative on him. Everything I've come up with shows love between mother & son, nothing less. They seem soft spoken and wise, caring, give back to the community & be involved in good causes.
    Agree with you...It seems like we are on the same page then. Thanks for the info about the son...I have not looked at his FB page. That deleted conversation and the poly are very interesting. Is that normal procedure to give a poly to family members? Why would they even do that if he wasn't in the area at the time??

Deca brought up the Butterfly Garden or Park. What's it called? Is it Butterfly World? Plus all the nature parks in that immediate area.
    That wasn't me. I don't know anything about the butterfly world. She did seem like an animal lover. I think she was involved in the rescue world somehow.

Thanks a lot jersey for getting in on this one. Things lost steam and I think you are bringing some life back to this thread.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    Agree with you...It seems like we are on the same page then. Thanks for the info about the son...I have not looked at his FB page. That deleted conversation and the poly are very interesting. Is that normal procedure to give a poly to family members? Why would they even do that if he wasn't in the area at the time??

That wasn't me. I don't know anything about the butterfly world. She did seem like an animal lover. I think she was involved in the rescue world somehow.

Thanks a lot jersey for getting in on this one. Things lost steam and I think you are bringing some life back to this thread.
    I'm sorry, it was obody that mentioned the butterfly place.

I'd like to find out the bus routes along that path Claudia walked and see if any were headed to a south east destination. Or maybe a previously rented rental car.

Something just really seems off about the restaurant owner saying Claudia frequented his establishment but he hadn't seen her for the past couple months before she disappeared. I understand she'd be busy, etc... But it really does make me think something was going on for those couple of months to preoccupy her. She parked at that restaurant and didn't even go in. Then she walks away & disappears. The last place she was spotted was almost 3 miles away. If she'd lost her mind, why would she park at her favorite restaurant & then walk so far away without so much as popping in for a light meal & a sweet tea or something? She could have parked anywhere. Why did she choose to park at the restaurant? I keep thinking its part of the puzzle. Could she have parked there knowing it would buy her time to get away but also know that her husband would know to look for her there when all else failed? That way he could get the car & not incur towing? Is it a safe area? When Claudia went to that restaurant over the last 10 years, was she alone or with her husband? Or with another acquaintance?

Maybe she disappeared on purpose bc she didn't want to move to Nashville. Maybe she "let on" that she was excited about the move bc she knew Frank was excited. Just by her FB alone it appears as though she enjoyed making others happy, not ever causing friction. She isn't one of those people that airs her dirty laundry on the Internet, she has too much class & compassion for that crap. So I'm wondering if maybe their bills were steep & it was getting too expensive to live there, so maybe that's why the need for a transfer. Nashville compared to Coral Springs are two different worlds. Plus it's so much farther away from her family & friends. I'm thinking she might not have been as happy about the move as she acted.
    Last edited by Jersey*Girl; 05-25-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Typo

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Still going through previous articles & didn't see this posted:

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/lo...missing-woman/

[b]Vigil held for missing woman[/b[
    Posted: 04/17/12 at 5:30 pm EDT *****Last Updated: 04/17/12 at 5:47 pm EDT

Murphy's family is worried, but are still hopeful for her return home. "We're all extremely worried because this is not like my mother at all," said Diego Perez, Murphy's son. "We're just trying to keep the word out for anyone who may have seen her."

FYI, I mentioned Butterfly World several days ago because of its location and because she has a firefly/butterfly tattoo. I saw it in a photo on the website for her.

Again, her shoes indicate that she was planning to go for a long walk. The bag indicates pre-planning. Leaving her vehicle in a place where it would be recognized indicates pre-planning. Those things don't strike me as the actions of a disoriented, lost, confused woman.

I think we can safely say that she had no intention of returning to her car and had a specific plan in mind. I think we also can say she was walking deliberately toward some destination to the east.

That truly narrows the possibilities. She either committed suicide and her body is in some remote location that has not been searched or she met someone and either was killed or is with that person now.

If she was meeting someone, they had to make some sort of plan. Her internet history, email correspondence, phone calls and text messages should provide some clues. She also may have used work computers or public computers. So they need to check those possibilities, too. If they can't find any communication at all, I'd lean toward suicide and set up some search parties.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Hi HeinekenMan. Yes, I knew I read a post that mentioned Butterfly World! Thank you!

I agree on almost all you've posted as we've all discussed much of the same things in your above post. I'm just not comfortable to say for sure that this is on purpose, although in my mind it truly appears that way. The creases in her forehead on the ATM video make her look distressed. She doesn't appear to be herself, at least according to info we've all read about her. She could have been going to Butterfly World but if she really were then why would she take that route instead of just going straight down the road she parked on? Kind of doesn't make sense. There's so many parks (and the like) that it makes me wonder if that were honestly the case, then why not just drive into the woods & hide her car? The shoes... looks like she wore them all the time for comfort, she's had them for over a year. I'm thinking she'd have worn the shoes anyway, most especially if she'd be doing some walking. I've gone through family & acquaintances of hers, some live near directions she was walking. Wherever she was headed, she was walking with a purpose. I wonder if she retained any of her old id's. She's has surnames Valderrama, Perez, Murphy.

Marriage search to Claudia's current husband...

http://www.browardclerk.org/Clerkweb...nseSearch.aspx

Application Number: (Year-Number)
    ML-CE-2003-000916* Status:
    MARRIED/RECORDED** Application Date:
    02-14-2003*
    Groom Name: (First Middle Last)
    FRANCIS NMN MURPHY* Birth Date:
    09-16-1957* Birth Place:
    NEW YORK*
    Groom Reside, City:
    CORAL SPRINGS* County:
    BROWARD* State or Foreign Country:
    FL*
    Bride Name: (First Middle Last / Maiden)
    MARIA CLAUDIA PEREZ / VALDERRAMA* Birth Date:
    09-07-1966* Birth Place:
    COLOMBIA*
    Bride Reside, City:
    CORAL SPRINGS* County:
    BROWARD* State or Foreign Country:
    FL*
    Married By:
    NOTARY*

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast