AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Police seeking information about missing barista
Anchorage police are looking for a missing 18-year-old woman last seen at the Midtown coffee stand where she worked, police say.
Police believe Samantha Koenig locked up Common Grounds Espresso, outside the Midtown Alaska Club at 630 E. Tudor Road, about 8 p.m. Wednesday at the end of her shift. Koenig's family, her boyfriend and her employer have not heard from her since, said police spokesman Lt. Dave Parker.
Court records show Koenig filed for a protective order against a man in November but failed to show up at court. The order was not issued.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/02/2010129/police-seeking-information-about.html

Help Find Samantha Koenig

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161720"]Thread #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163405"]Thread #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164864"]Thread #3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165818"]Thread #4[/ame]

419628_337901269587868_328733013838027_1061956_217147456_n1-270x300.jpg

http://helpfindsamanthakoenig.com/

Please Continue Here...

The beginning of this whole case has haunted me since the first day.

I still can't get past the fact that JK said straight up that he felt his daughter was 'taken' when the police hadn't even mentioned it. That coupled with the fact that JK has been left out of the loop entirely throughtout the investigation and still remains there.
Initial report said: Law enforcement officials are looking at the surveillance video from the coffee stand and possibly a nearby business. At this time, there is no evidence of foul play, police say.
The very next day they called it an abduction.

Are APD in the habit of just putting anything out there or did they totally miss something in the video that the owners of the coffee hut saw and decided to report it to the police because they thought it was suspicious.

I wonder if IK had any kind of a storage facility he may have rented to kept equipment in for his construction company. It didn't look like he had much at the house there. My dad was a contractor and had a 4 stall garage just for his equipment alone which was detached from the house.

I thought I read in the beginning that CB did construction. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought I read in the beginning that CB did construction. Correct me if I'm wrong.

CB is a singer and installs satellite dishes (like DISH network) for a company in Anchorage. No construction that I know of.

I wonder if IK had any kind of a storage facility he may have rented to kept equipment in for his construction company. It didn't look like he had much at the house there. My dad was a contractor and had a 4 stall garage just for his equipment alone which was detached from the house.

Owner:Israel Keyes
MAILIING ADDRESS
3705 Arctic Blvd. #2891
Anchorage, AK 99503
<modsnip>quote]

http://keyesconstruction.net/home

This is definitely commercial property.

<mod snip>

What I am saying is, JK said immediately "kidnapped/abducted" because it wasn't like her to not come home, they had a great relationship etc. IF that is the case, why wait until Thursday afternoon to report her missing?
When JK said that she was sbducted police were saying they saw the video and there was nothing suspicious. He was adament.

IT'S THE APD'S FREAKIN JOB TO CHECK SURVEILLANCE VIDEO IMMEDIATELY. THAT IS ONE OF THE FEW THINGS COPS DO IMMEDIATELY JUST LIKE CSI LIKE THE TV SHOWS!
Hmmm screaming really does nothing for me, must be my soft soul lol or my controlled temper ;)

From his website it looked like he did more carpentry than construction (as I imagine construction to be). There are photos of decks and outdoor smaller buildings.

One of his previous neighbours said he did a lot of work in the front yard, so I am thinking tools thrown in the back of a pickup type thing.

On Friday afternoon shortly before 1 p.m., APD listed Koenig's disappearance as an abduction.
http://www.ktuu.com/search-continues-for-missing-18-year-old-barista-20120203,0,2358165.story
LE stated it was an abduction on Friday afternoon. I'm sorry, I just don't believe that it was 24 hours before they viewed the tape after the Duncan's called them to report a suspicious missing person backed up by video. Something is on that tape that gave LE pause, and it is the reason they didn't call it an abduction right away. I have always wondered about that too, number one, why did it take 17 hours for JK to report the missing person when he stated he knew something was wrong Thursday night. Number two, why did it take LE 24 hours to call it an abduction, then on March 9th call it an "apparent abduction". Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...

Always, my opinions and thoughts.

I think I remember someone from Anchorage saying that this was a mail place. I remember looking it up on google maps and walked the street. Lot's of buinesses around there though. I didn't see anything like storage though.

I thought it may be one of those places that will forward all mail when you move around a bit. I had one when I was travelling - saved me having to change addresses all the time.

I believe I read that JK said that SK had been clean for almost a year, and wasn't it last fall she was hanging out with CB? I watched his videos on the web, and I was surprised if she was trying to stay clean ,why she would be hanging around a man who allegedly sold drugs, and was driving him around? Could be wrong on the time frame, so please correct me if I'm wrong! Just don't understand how someone could say she was staying clean, but driving around a drug dealer???

I also think IK was more of a carpenter vs doing large construction jobs. On his website he list his hourly wage, which doesn't usually apply for larger construction jobs. So, he may not have had a lot of larger tools.

This address is at The Mail Cache which is basically a Mail Boxes Etc type place. I actually have a box there.

Thank you. I know the area, and knew there were a bunch of strip malls, but wasn't sure of the exact address. In any case, the Turnagin house had a one car garage and a storage shed visible in the published picture, who knows about the backyard. For the type of work it looks like he did this would be plenty of storage for his tools. Materials would be on an as needed basis, and usually stored at the site.

My opinions, thoughts and views

I believe I read that JK said that SK had been clean for almost a year, and wasn't it last fall she was hanging out with CB? I watched his videos on the web, and I was surprised if she was trying to stay clean ,why she would be hanging around a man who allegedly sold drugs, and was driving him around? Could be wrong on the time frame, so please correct me if I'm wrong! Just don't understand how someone could say she was staying clean, but driving around a drug dealer???

I can't help you with dates sorry.

I remember the reading she was clean though. I think a lot of people don't count weed as part of their "clean."

akmama? Maybe you can help me on something else that I wonder about. Samantha's Facebook Page run by friends/family etc is always wanting the poster in different languages.
I know getting the word out is important - was wondering if Anchorage is really that multicultural to need posters for so many cultures or whether they are making them to support overseas supporters.

I can't help you with dates sorry.

I remember the reading she was clean though. I think a lot of people don't count weed as part of their "clean."

akmama? Maybe you can help me on something else that I wonder about. Samantha's Facebook Page run by friends/family etc is always wanting the poster in different languages.
I know getting the word out is important - was wondering if Anchorage is really that multicultural to need posters for so many cultures or whether they are making them to support overseas supporters.

Anchorage is pretty diverse, I've noticed it also, on fb. Some of them I can understand, some of them I don't.

Havent seen where they've translated it into many of the languages spoken by Alaskan natives, though, so that's kind of odd.

Just struck me as odd that that seems very important to them. Maybe it's just one of the admin's baby - they thought of it - want to excel at it.

Yesterday they were desperate to have it translated to Hebrew.

Just struck me as odd that that seems very important to them. Maybe it's just one of the admin's baby - they thought of it - want to excel at it.

Yesterday they were desperate to have it translated to Hebrew.

That was one that struck me as odd, not that there aren't any Jewish people here, but we don't have like a large community, like you see in some other cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine