Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TX - FFJ member "Wounded" / Steve Jones, 57, Bowie County, 16 March 2012

TX - FFJ member "Wounded" / Steve Jones, 57, Bowie County, 16 March 2012

The Bowie County Sheriff's Office is seeking the public's help in the search for a missing man.

Deputies say no one has heard from Steve Jones, 57.
    http://www.ktbs.com/news/Bowie-Count...8/-/xocul5z/-/

Information and support thread
    [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7696958"]TX TX - FFJ Member Wounded/Steve Jones - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

FFJ is our sister forum owned by Tricia. Forums For Justice
    Last edited by mysteriew; 03-19-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Basically the same article, but there are comments on this one.

It looks like people are ready to volunteer for a search.

http://www.ktbs.com/news/Bowie-Count...z/-/index.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

We need someone who is good at writing to write this one up and shop it to the national media stations. Reading at FFJ Wounded lost his son to a drug overdose (meth.) He then began to work to rid the area of meth. In the process it looks like he may have run up against some officals in office. So national attention may be helpful here.

[ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=251"]Steven Curtis Jones II - Forums For Justice[/ame]

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

If you have ever read on Topix, you know there is a lot of talk, most of it is bad and very little of it is ever serious.

However, I found one thread that evidently Wounded took serious.
    http://www.topix.com/forum/city/texa...4QUQ944RHHUT63

Topix reaction to him being missing

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/texa...P271595RDFSK9P

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    If you have ever read on Topix, you know there is a lot of talk, most of it is bad and very little of it is ever serious.

However, I found one thread that evidently Wounded took serious.
    http://www.topix.com/forum/city/texa...4QUQ944RHHUT63

Topix reaction to him being missing

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/texa...P271595RDFSK9P
    That topix thread is chock full of threats and trash talk. It sounds like a very volitile situation there in Texarkana!

Steve's wife must be fearing the worst, and I wouldn't blame her. At least the sheriff seems to be trying his best to get the word out and look for him!

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:

I don't know about the sheriff being anxious to get the word out. Wounded went missing on Sat. and so far there is a total of 1 media article that I can find.

There is an entry on Project Jason, but that was from a civilian.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

I just don't see how there can be a good outcome to this, and it saddens me deeply.

I didn't see anything on our local stations during the lunch hour.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:

We need someone who is good at writing to write this one up and shop it to the national media stations. Reading at FFJ Wounded lost his son to a drug overdose (meth.) He then began to work to rid the area of meth. In the process it looks like he may have run up against some officals in office. So national attention may be helpful here.

Steven Curtis Jones II - Forums For Justice
    I would tweet it to Chris Cuomo; the man has a heart and he is good at what he does. I can't post the link but he is on Facebook, as well.

@ChrisCuomo

http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisCuomo

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:

JRC you are local right? Can you tell us what you are seeing locally as far as searches, etc?

I'm not finding where crimestoppers is offering any kind of a reward yet.

I did find this

Search continues for missing L-E man, 57
    http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news...-57-946253.php
    Last edited by mysteriew; 03-19-2012 at 02:32 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

JRC you are local right? Can you tell us what you are seeing locally as far as searches, etc?

I'm not finding where crimestoppers is offering any kind of a reward yet.

I did find this

Search continues for missing L-E man, 57
    http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news...-57-946253.php

I think there was a major search yesterday. I don't know about today.

I saw on Sheriff Prince's fb page about an hour ago that a motorcycle that looks like Steve's has been spotted in Wake Village, a little town bordering Texarkana, at an apartment complex.

Other than that, I don't think there is any news. As of noon today, his wife hadn't heard anything.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:

I don't know about the sheriff being anxious to get the word out. Wounded went missing on Sat. and so far there is a total of 1 media article that I can find.

There is an entry on Project Jason, but that was from a civilian.

It was Friday evening he went missing, mysteriew. Yesterday (Sunday) they started searching. It was yesterday afternoon that the tv stations and at least two surrounding counties were alerted.

I saw on the sheriff's fb page where he had posted about it yesterday evening. As I said previously, that's where the tip about the motorcycle came in. I hope that pans out into something usable.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:

Just read this post by Sheriff Prince on his fb page:

IN REFERENCE TO MISSING PERSON, STEVE JONES
    If anyone knows routes Steve road his bike on, friends he may visit or any other location he may have been going to, pleaSse contact me, preferrably with a private message or call my cell phone (903)276-1836. The reason for the private message, is we do not know the reason for his disappearance. Should there be foul play, we might not want everyone knowing what we are doing, to not take any chances hampering an investigation!!! Thank you for understanding and for your help and concern, in this investigation!!!

He posted last night that he sent a deputy to check out where the motorcycle was seen and surprise, surprise, it wasn't there. Not such a good idea to put tips like that on a fb page.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:

Tezi informed me this link doesn't work. I don't know what's wrong; it works when I click on it. It's a photo of Steve Jones with this information:

"Missing Person in blue shirt, Steve Jones last seen in Texarkana Arkansas on March 16th riding a plum colored Honda motorcycle with back rest with dent in front fender and tear in backrest. If you can help with any information please call James Prince at 903-276-1836."

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jrc View Post
    Tezi informed me this link doesn't work. I don't know what's wrong; it works when I click on it. It's a photo of Steve Jones with this information:

"Missing Person in blue shirt, Steve Jones last seen in Texarkana Arkansas on March 16th riding a plum colored Honda motorcycle with back rest with dent in front fender and tear in backrest. If you can help with any information please call James Prince at 903-276-1836."
    Thanks jrc! I appreciate that you told us what the link said. I tried it numerous times and I got a message that wouldn't allow me to see the what the link said!
    My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tezi For This Useful Post:

I get the response "content is currently unavailable".

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    I get the response "content is currently unavailable".

That's what I kept getting when I clicked on the link.
    My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tezi For This Useful Post:

Blondie and Tez, have you looked at the fb page of James Prince? There are several photos of Steve posted there.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:

Blondie and Tez, have you looked at the fb page of James Prince? There are several photos of Steve posted there.
    Yes, I have. Thanks jrc!

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tezi For This Useful Post:

Someone contacted equuasearch. I'm not familiar with it. From what I was told, the sheriff's department would have to invite them to come in, and I'm not sure they are interested in doing that right now.

There is a new search planned for tomorrow using dogs. It's just since all this rain we've had this week, I don't see how that will help much. Pessamistic as usual.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:

Steven Curtis Jones II - Forums For Justice

What can I do to help?

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:

What can I do to help?
    We need to get a brief summary written up that we can send to like Nancy Grace, 48 hrs and 20/20. It needs to be brief but with enough info in it that it might capture a producers attention.

So a statement on him missing, a statement on what/how he spent his time looking for missing/fighting drugs etc.

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Steve!!!!

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tezi For This Useful Post:

I hadn't seen this. His wife told me Julie Parr had been out, and how nice she was. But I missed the weekend news and I never could find it on their website. It's heart breaking.

49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast