940 users online (171 members and 769 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

IL - Laureth May, 29, 3 kids, & Destiny Gruba, 17, Aurora, 15 Feb 2012 - #3

Please continue here.

29-year-old Laureth "Laurie" May disappeared on February 15, 2012. She left with her three children, Quincy Collins, 4, Oliver Collins, 2, and Spencer Collins, 1 in the middle of the night. There has been no sign of them since. 17-year-old Destiny Gruba is also believed to be with Laurie and the children.

Previous Threads:

Thread #1

Thread #2
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Welcome to WS DarkSparkle!

I didn't have a chance to welcome you before the last thread was closed.

Thank you for your input from a teacher with experiences similiar to LM's.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Hello all,

I have been following this since day one (mainly lurking) and can't recall something. I think I follow too many cases.

Anyway- I know LM and DG haven't been in contact with family and friends (unless they are being harbored somewhere). Has LE tried to trace phone activity?

I am guessing that they didn't try with LM because she is an adult who by all appearances made a decision to leave. With DG though, couldn't they see where her last sell phone pinged? Even if the phones were off later that morning maybe it pinged enough to give LE a sense of what direction they were headed?

If DG is a GLBT teen, I wonder if she had been frequenting certain support forums. She still might be posting on those boards if they purchased new phones pay as you go style.

LE hasn't mentioned if they had cell phones with them when they left. Unknown if DG frequented any online forums. Her FB is set to private, so no insight there.

Earlier MSM articles only indicate they were reviewing LM's computers to see if that gives them any leads or insight into where they may have gone.

I do hope they make contact to let their family and friends know they are ok.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    Hello all,

I have been following this since day one (mainly lurking) and can't recall something. I think I follow too many cases.

Anyway- I know LM and DG haven't been in contact with family and friends (unless they are being harbored somewhere). Has LE tried to trace phone activity?

I am guessing that they didn't try with LM because she is an adult who by all appearances made a decision to leave. With DG though, couldn't they see where her last sell phone pinged? Even if the phones were off later that morning maybe it pinged enough to give LE a sense of what direction they were headed?

If DG is a GLBT teen, I wonder if she had been frequenting certain support forums. She still might be posting on those boards if they purchased new phones pay as you go style.
    A verified poster who is friends with the family said that Destiny's phone has been turned off since she left. (If I am remembering correctly?)

I have done some looking and asked others to keep an eye out for Destiny or a similar situation on message boards. I haven't seen anything yet.

I want to clarify a couple things. I try to make things clear but I think in the unexpected amount of emotion I've had... I might have failed.

1. I am not assuming that Destiny is suicidal or that she took off solely because she doesn't believe her parents are going to accept her.
    I do know that they need to realize that Destiny cannot be forced to come home. That Destiny has to WANT to come home.

2. When I refer to GLBT suicides that are connected directly to the parents/family not accepting the child due to religious reasons...
    I am not making assumptions.

I can often give you the heartbreaking stories. Here is a small memorial for a wide range of some religious GLBT suicides.

http://www.affirmation.org/suicides/

There are also the ones who live on the street for years before dying, after being disowned because they are gay.

http://www.affirmation.org/homelessness/

One beautiful young man who went through two years of therapy to turn him straight... including electroshock therapy.
    After his suicide his family decided he doesn't need a headstone and he's better off dead.

http://www.standard.net/topics/colum...hat-can-you-do

My T... one of the most amazing, loving men ever. He made his reasons as crystal clear as the beautiful water he died in.

I keep sharing these stories because I have this crazy dream. Maybe one day... some family is going to see it before it's too late...

Maybe that family won't end up with regrets. Wishing they had done more. Or seen it coming. Or just appreciated their child for who they were.

Maybe they'll say "You know... I don't want to risk it. My child is more important to me than my religion or the opinions of others."

That is what so many want. That is all T ever wanted. He just didn't have it in him to fight anymore.
    It's all good though T... We got it now... but never as well as you did.

Chased down a white Volvo V70 station wagon this morning. It was not them. For a moment my heart started racing when I was close enough to recognize a 9 in the license plate..... but the plate started with a 7 and the woman driving was much older than LM.

Last night it was a white station wagon parked at an apartment complex, I thought resembled LM's car. Pulled in to discover it was a Dodge Magnum wagon. I didn't know Dodge came out with a station wagon.

I think I've noticed more station wagons since this case broke than I have in the last 20 years.

Hoping someone spots them or they make that call to let people know they are safe. Contact is not what everyone is hoping for, but better than the alternative of no contact and the not knowing.
    ~JMO~

Cubby, just had a thought. What if they sold the Volvo for cash and/or to buy a new car? Would Google cache bring up old Craigslist postings?
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    Cubby, just had a thought. What if they sold the Volvo for cash and/or to buy a new car? Would Google cache bring up old Craigslist postings?

Don't know. I don't do Craigslists after all the crimes we read involving CL here.

Another thing I would like clarified, which I forgot to ask the detective the other evening, is whether the car has a luggage rack or not. The video survelliance it appeared it did not. However, a car with a luggage rack is featured in fliers. Also, is the car solid white or white with the black bottom thing? Not sure what it is called....
    ~JMO~

The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    I want to clarify a couple things. I try to make things clear but I think in the unexpected amount of emotion I've had... I might have failed.

Maybe they'll say "You know... I don't want to risk it. My child is more important to me than my religion or the opinions of others."

That is what so many want. That is all T ever wanted. He just didn't have it in him to fight anymore.
    It's all good though T... We got it now... but never as well as you did.
    RSBM

No one should have to give up their religion or faith in this situation. The ideal would be for both sides to have respect for each other to accept the differences. Compromising does not involve giving up your identity, right?

Missing Aurora Mom, Kids, Teen Found in Florida

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news...-teen-20120320

Updated: Tuesday, 20 Mar 2012, 11:00 AM CDT
    Published : Tuesday, 20 Mar 2012, 11:00 AM CDT
    By Tal Kopan, FOX Chicago News

Chicago - A missing Aurora woman, her three sons and a Cicero teenager who was missing with them were located in Florida Tuesday, Cicero Police announced.

Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post

Wow!!!!!!! That's wonderful!!
    If I can stop one heart from breaking,
    I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,
    Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin
    Unto his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    ~Emily Dickinson~

Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post

Excellent news!

Well, I am glad to eat crow, as I said I would be if this happened.

I really did not believe they were out there. I can't even imagine the level of selfishness this would require.

Thank you, God, for keeping them safe... especially the kids.
    If I can stop one heart from breaking,
    I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,
    Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin
    Unto his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    ~Emily Dickinson~

Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast