Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: IL-Laureth "Laurie" May, 29, three kids, & Destiny Gruba, 17, Aurora, 15 Feb 2012 -#3

Does she have to register as a sex offender? Aren't there some rules that RSO's can't have FB?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Soo, I'm nosy. I see her page, she's friends with DG, and she has posted three hrs ago that she is still trying to delete her page. So it seems she is indeed out of prison.

Laurie, if you happen upon our thread here, I hope everything works out for you, your family, and D. we're all glad that you were all found safe.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:

Incidentally, I don't see her on IL sex offender search, under any variations of names. So I wonder, ultimately, what it was she plead to?
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Laurie's FB has disappeared, apparently. I noticed she wasn't on SC's, TS's, DG's FBs anymore and now I can't find Laurie's at all. Maybe she changed her FB name?
    I can still see it but the most recent post from LM indicates she's trying to delete it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Does she have to register as a sex offender? Aren't there some rules that RSO's can't have FB?
    From a variety of other cases I've read about, not all crimes that contain a sexual element require the convicted to register as sex offenders.

My guess is that LM is not required to register and that, as she has posted to her own FB page, she's trying to delete it.

I know from personal experience how difficult it is to delete a FB page. You have to click through six or more different pages, click or unclick the correct boxes each time and even then, they admit they are cacheing your page so that if you ever try to log on again, it will be available to the public again.

FB as a corporation sucks.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
    From a variety of other cases I've read about, not all crimes that contain a sexual element require the convicted to register as sex offenders.

My guess is that LM is not required to register and that, as she has posted to her own FB page, she's trying to delete it.

I know from personal experience how difficult it is to delete a FB page. You have to click through six or more different pages, click or unclick the correct boxes each time and even then, they admit they are cacheing your page so that if you ever try to log on again, it will be available to the public again.

FB as a corporation sucks.
    You mean your not investing in the stock..now that it has gone public GrainneDhu?

Well, going from a million $ bond to just being released is sorta a surprise. I'm questioning whether she has been sent to rehab or is required to seek a therapist?

Strange case and I hate it when media reports on something and then drops the ball.

Wishing Laurie the best and hoping she gets the help she needs.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    You mean your not investing in the stock..now that it has gone public GrainneDhu?

Well, going from a million $ bond to just being released is sorta a surprise. I'm questioning whether she has been sent to rehab or is required to seek a therapist?

Strange case and I hate it when media reports on something and then drops the ball.

Wishing Laurie the best and hoping she gets the help she needs.

Her medical records would be private if she was going to any kind of therapy or rehab. As they should be.

She is NOT listed as an RSO on any IL site.

Clearly the media saw this as a no story and did not report on it accordingly. IF there was any story to report, I'm sure it would have been reported.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    FWIW, I checked the family watch dog national RSO registry. LM is not listed anywhere in the country as an RSO. Because I knew someone would ask.

http://wisconsindoc.familywatchdog.us/ShowNameList.asp
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
    I can still see it but the most recent post from LM indicates she's trying to delete it.
    GardenLady and Grainne, are you on her friends' list? If not, I don't understand why I can't see it (when I'm logged in). TIA...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    GardenLady and Grainne, are you on her friends' list? If not, I don't understand why I can't see it (when I'm logged in). TIA...
    Nope, not on her friends list.

as of right now, it's still up. Couple of people have replied to her telling her how to delete the page.

Not coming up for you? Try this: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...9287315&ref=ts

Even if one does have to register as a sex offender, you generally have a certain amount of time once you are released.
    It isn't always a "law" sometimes the judge puts it in place. It can be 24 hours or several days.
    Facebook has a policy itself that you cannot have a facebook page if you are an RSO. It isn't generally a "law" just a facebook policy.

Unless Laurie failed a psychosexual and was shown to be a predator, I hope she doesn't have to register.
    That can really mess with her boys lives.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

We don't know that L was convicted of a crime that requires registry. Charges don't always equal convictions.

It's quite possible the charges which may have resulted in registering were dropped. No one here has seen any evidence she was convicted of anything. Nothing has been linked....

We should be cautious with speaking as if she has been convicted of something for which we have no evidence. Hence a possible libel suit. Because that is not on WS, but on the individual poster(s).
    ~JMO~

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

This is why I wish we knew what charge, ultimately, she plead to, or was dismissed?

Is there any way to find out the final disposition of any of thhe charges?

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:

I read here every day but have been reluctant to post as I sympathize to a certain extent with LM. That doesn't mean I don't with everyone else involved. LM committed a crime and she will likely pay for that crime for years to come in more ways than one as will everyone else that are close to this case.

I feel guilty that I want to know more, especially the charges she ended up with. I guess for me it would help paint a better picture of what really happened.

I want the best for all involved and I guess it really isn't my business, but I keep coming back wanting to know more.

Maybe it's just my curiosity of the human psyche.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    I read here every day but have been reluctant to post as I sympathize to a certain extent with LM. That doesn't mean I don't with everyone else involved. LM committed a crime and she will likely pay for that crime for years to come in more ways than one as will everyone else that are close to this case.

I feel guilty that I want to know more, especially the charges she ended up with. I guess for me it would help paint a better picture of what really happened.

I want the best for all involved and I guess it really isn't my business, but I keep coming back wanting to know more.

Maybe it's just my curiosity of the human psyche.
    I'm totally with you on that, and I think more than a few of us are.

I'm actually very sympathetic to LM, for a variety of reasons, but suffice it to say I was fairly outraged with what she was charged with, what her bail was, and what sounded like grandstanding by the chief, etc. I wish too that we knew what happened with the case. I never saw how prison would benefit anyone - especially the three innocent little boys - in this case.

I wish nothing but peace and success to both LM and DG.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:

Laurie is "home" according to her on facebook.
    She seems very grateful to be out (and I cannot blame her for that.)

I hope everyone is going to figure this out...
    To make sure that what is best for the boys is happening and that everyone else has support too.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

According to the Kane County Court records site, the order of protection has been terminated. Case closed. The last court date for the OOP was this morning, at 8:30am.

http://kocis.countyofkane.org/KOCIS/KOCIS.html#

IMO, it's time to let this thread get buried, and allow L, S and their family to go about the business of rebuilding and moving forward.

I wish L and her family as well as the G family nothing but the best. Now it is time for us to respect their privacy, and allow them all to rebuild.

jmvho
    ~JMO~

33. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

I don't even know what to say about this

Teen involved in child abduction charged with hitting kids’ father
    August 20, 2012 6:22PM

At 1:51 a.m. Friday, police were called to the home on Plum Street to investigate a fight. According to police, Gruba ran into the house through the front door and began hitting the children’s father. Police could not say why Gruba attacked the man, other than calling it a domestic situation.

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/...ds-father.html

Not sure when this happened, occasionally I check her FB (now gone) and she was worried about court recently.

Her FB poofed yesterday

35. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

wow....
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Looks like it happened last Friday if I'm reading correctly

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Thanks for the update Coldpizza. Apparently things are not moving forward and there is communication between the two families again. Was there another call from LM to DG?

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Just from reading FB DG seemed to still consider LM an important person in her life. She isn't very specific and I'm just reading between the lines so take it with a grain of salt.

I found it interesting that LM's abduction charges are still pending.

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Anything in the courts between LM and the childrens' father? Something must have set off DG. Something made her mad at him.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

ok, let me get this straight. The kidnapee shows up at the kidnappers home and ends up charged with felony trespassing and misdemeanor battery? There goes the chance of a conviction against May for kidnapping. Destiny went willingly, imo.

If Destiny had any hopes of reconciling any kind of romantic relationship with Laurie once she became of age she just blew that chance. Unless Laurie is willing to chose Destiny over her kids because this type of behavior, if Laurie choses to allow it around her children is grounds for supervised visitation, if any visitation.

Let's not forget Destiny has MMA training, is a black belt, iirc, and goes and tries to kick ass on the father of her obsessions children?

What a mess. This is not the behavior of a young adult ready to start college and their adult life.

From the link in the OP:

Destiny Gruba, 17, of the 2500 block of South 59th Street, Cicero, was charged with felony trespass to residence and misdemeanor battery early Friday morning in the 200 block of Plum Street, police said.

In February, Laureth May, 29, of the Plum Street address, left her home after an argument with her fiance. May took her three young sons — all younger than 5 — with her and went to pick up Gruba, police said. <snip>

At 1:51 a.m. Friday, police were called to the home on Plum Street to investigate a fight. According to police, Gruba ran into the house through the front door and began hitting the children’s father. Police could not say why Gruba attacked the man, other than calling it a domestic situation.

~JMO~

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    Anything in the courts between LM and the childrens' father? Something must have set off DG. Something made her mad at him.

Whatever it is, Destiny had NO business going to this mans home. None. I'm glad she was charged. One can't just show up at someone's home and try to beat the chit out of them. ay yi yi.

ETA: Why is it because she is female it is ok for her to act out in this manner and blame her behavior on someone else's actions who 'set her off'? DESTINY is responsible for Destiny's behavior, no one else. Only Destiny is in control of and responsible for her behavior.
    ~JMO~

49. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940 LastLast