FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please remember the rules. Please post links where applicable. Also, please be careful with the discussion regarding potential drug use and or racist comments. We don't want to start rumors. The potential drug use has been raised in MSM, but it was the personal opinion of someone that just listened to the 911 tapes, so let's not carry it too far - it is discussable, but keep it in context please.

If you have questions or concerns, please PM a mod and they will give you a hand.

Thanks,

Salem

Thread 1

They certainly aren't getting in a hurry since the grand jury won't be convened until April 10. That's ridiculous.

Press conference on HLN now!

Trayvon had talked to the girl he was on the phone with at the time GZ confronted him for 400 minutes over the course of the day. Had talked to her on the way to the 7-11 and on the way home.

Lawyer says he went to the store prior to the game starting to get a drink. His brother then asked him to get him some Skittles.

Started raining on the way home. Ran home as it started pouring. Tray ducks under a random porch to avoid the rain and put his hoodie up, then goes back to the sidewalk to start walking towards home again. He did not know GZ was watching this the whole time (apparently this was the suspicious behavior). Tray tells girl on the phone he then sees someone following him. Thinks he had lost him. Then says he's right behind me.

So Tray did have his phone with him, just like his family said! He was talking to a young girl (bless his heart, I hope he was able to have a first love)! LE blamed Tray's family for not giving them access to the phone! Tray's family said they never had the phone! LE had it!

Where is the PHONE???

Are there Lakes in that community?

Here's another point. GZ's car (or truck) had NO MARKINGS that he was security or neighborhood watch. It was simply a private vehicle. That's probably why Trayvon was concerned about who this dude following him was.

All of our "neighborhood" security down here have marked cars that patrol - so YOU KNOW who they are and why they are riding around. Being that GZ was pretty much self appointed - he had no markings identifying him as anything.

Last call came to his phone at 7:12pm. Was the girl trying to call him back.

Cops arrived at 7:17pm.

Voice experts going over 911 tapes to determine who was yelling.

Sanford police did a drug and alcohol test on Trayvon Martin after he was dead. Did not do one on GZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious::furious::furious:

Am I the only one who finds is suspicious that it took over 22 days for the info that Martin was on the phone with a friend at the time who heard the entire encounter to come forward? Had I heard what are allegedly the last monents of a good friend in a controversial situation, I would have been screaming about it at the top of my lungs from the get go. If she heard what she claims toi have heard, why wouldn't she have tried contacting Martin's parents, either in Sanford, or Miami?

While HLN cut away from the press conference, our local news is now covering it. The PC is over but after hearing the attorney speak concerning the last phone call and the girlfriend's statement - THIS MAN NEEDS TO BE ARRESTED NOW - CUFFED AND THROWN IN JAIL

As the attorney said - this completely REFUTES any self defense claim from GZ. Period. End of story. I really really really want to know who the officers were that responded and what was said and done on scene.

Oh Lord, please keep level heads here - we certainly don't need anymore violence in our streets.

Lawyer is playing some recording. Can't really decipher what it is??? Says they are giving the recording to the justice department since they don't trust the Sanford police.

Lawyer is playing some recording. Can't really decipher what it is??? Says they are giving the recording to the justice department since they don't trust the Sanford police.

It is the girlfriend's statement.

Am I the only one who finds is suspicious that it took over 22 days for the info that Martin was on the phone with a friend at the time who heard the entire encounter to come forward? Had I heard what are allegedly the last monents of a good friend in a controversial situation, I would have been screaming about it at the top of my lungs from the get go. If she heard what she claims toi have heard, why wouldn't she have tried contacting Martin's parents, either in Sanford, or Miami?

How do you know that she didn't contact them immediately? You also have to remember that Trayvon's actual phone is/was missing.

The lawyer likely wanted to corroborate her story before just bringing her out, and it would take confirmation from a phone company and/or Trayvon's phone. Can't just take her word for it.

Also, she may have shared this with the SPD, and we see how well they have handled this case. JMO

On CNN now. Sunny says that according to Florida law you can't claim the stand your ground defense or it is null and void if you are the aggressor or initiate the contact. Girl says she was mid conversation and then all of sudden the call is dropped. IMO if Tray was about to pummel GZ he would have at least hung up with his girlfriend. This to me says he was blindsided and was not the aggressor.

Grand Jury to meet on April 10th and will hear Trayvon Martin case.

Sunny believes there will be an indictment.

How do you know that she didn't contact them immediately? You also have to remember that Trayvon's actual phone is/was missing.

The lawyer likely wanted to corroborate her story before just bringing her out, and it would take confirmation from a phone company and/or Trayvon's phone. Can't just take her word for it.

Also, she may have shared this with the SPD, and we see how well they have handled this case. JMO

She was also in the hospital...stress. She was unable to attend Trayvon's service because she was in the hospital, devastated.

I'm assuming LE had the phone and records. The girlfriend's mother wants her identity protected because she is a minor child.

Crump says the parents do not want an eye for an eye, but just an arrest.

Can someone let me know why my post of the phone call and what was said on that phone call was deleted?

Not sure what your post was about, but we were not to discuss the racial slurs until it was talked about in the media.

The phone records support Trayvon's girlfriend's account of what happened.

I'm thinking that the family knew from the get-go about the girlfriend and the phone call. I'm thinking that they were desperately trying to get SOMEONE to listen to them. The attorney said the girl was so upset over all this that she had to be hospitalized and couldn't even attend Trayvon's wake.

The family, through their attorney, has had enough. It seems no one was listening to them so they, again through their attorney, went public with this.

JMHO

It seemed like Sanford police didn't want to investigate any further outside of Zimmerman's word. Maybe LE wouldn't listen to the family? LE has already accused the family of not giving them the phone when the phone was on Tray when he was killed!

Again, where is Tray's phone?

They ignored repeated calls from another witness in this case so what is to say they didn't do the same with this young girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46