Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: trial thread: 3/21/2012

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

trial thread: 3/21/2012

New thread for a new day. Please remember the rules

when posting an opinion please remember to use your or or just IMO or JMO will do nicely.

--------
    the crown will present its case in chapters:

Chapter 1: The day of the kidnapping. The surveillance video showing Rafferty driving up the street outside Tori's school and McClintic walking Tori up the street. Witnesses from and around Oliver Stephens public school will talk about seeing Tori.

An identification officer will use photographs and maps to show the route from Woodstock to Guelph.

Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, will testify about the frantic hours the family spent looking for Tori.

Chapter 2: Terri-Lynne McClintic. "She was an essential part of all that happened," Gowdey said. "I expect her credibility will be a major issue in this case."

Chapter 3: Guelph -- video surveillance and bank records detailing the events there.

Chapter 4: the Mount Forest death scene, which the jury will visit. "It will be difficult to go to the very place where this happened, I know that, but understanding the crime scene is crucial to understanding the crime," Gowdey said. Photographs, some of them graphic, will be used to explain "exactly how the killing happened."

"Unfortunately it is only through them that you can fully understand (the) evidence," Gowdey said.

Chapter 5: Police interaction with Rafferty.

Chapter 6: The searches of Rafferty and McClintic's residences and the evidence found.

Chapter 7: The Honda Civic. What was found inside.

Chapter 8: Rafferty's connection to the Mount Forest area.

Chapter 9: Comments Rafferty made to friends after April 8. "He had some interesting things to say to other people about Terri-Lynne McClintic and about the kidnapping itself," Gowdey said.

Chapter 10: The May 15 weekend and Rafferty's actions.

Chapter 11: The BlackBerry. The BlackBerry allowed police to track his movements April 8 and after.

Chapter 12: A recap of the surveillance video.
    http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/r.../19463111.html

reposting Salem's warning from last week:

Okay everybody - LISTEN UP! We are not bashing, accusing or blaming Tori's family here. It won't be allowed.

Children walk home from school every day without incident. Parents are not perfect, it's just not possible. Tori's parents DID NOT do this to her. TLM and an accomplice DID. That is where the blame goes.

We had a lot of family bashing in the early parts of this investigation after Tori went missing and a lot of baseless accusations - NONE OF WHICH PROVED TO BE TRUE. Victim and family bashing will not be allowed during this trial.

Thank you,

Salem

---------------------------------

and reposting SoSueMe's warning:

As some of you may have noticed, the members following this case are dropping in numbers. It's disheartening to us because we need and welcome discussion of both sides of every issue on Websleuths.

Zero tolerance means ZERO tolerance. Please discuss this case with respect to your fellow members. Subtle and veiled harassment and/or talking in code about other members will not be tolerated.

A word of caution on the Alerts in this forum. If you alert a post, make sure it is a clear violation of our Terms of Service. A difference of opinion is not a violation of TOS.

Please note that everything discussed in court and printed/tweeted is now within the realm of discussion. WS has never and does not now have a policy of "innocent until proven guilty." That is for the court room. Here, we discuss, speculate, theorize and judge according to the opinions we develop from following the case.

Keeping that in mind, abuse of our alert system is a good way to find yourself in timeout or worse. Abuse of the alert systems includes, but is not limited to:

Alerting repeatedly on the same poster;
    Demanding a specific outcome;
    Alerting on the same post more than once.

Once you have alerted a post, move on and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners.

Following this trial is very important to our members and we're going to see that they have their day in court. The "zero tolerance" policy in this forum will continue and it will be enforced.

Thank you and please carry on.

Sue aka SoSueMe
    Websleuths Co-Owner
    This bee my opinion

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Good Morning!

Hoping for no hiccups in the trial today. Enough of the delays!

Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Testimony is to resume today at the Tori Stafford murder trial in London.

The jury got the day off Tuesday as the judge heard arguments from the lawyers at the first-degree murder trial of Michael Rafferty.

http://www.am980.ca/channels/news/lo...spx?ID=1673630

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

There is such a pretty picture of Tori at the LFP site. One I hadn't seen before. For some reason it won't let me copy and paste it.

Here is the link.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/r.../19530086.html
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

RaffertyLFP: In overflow court waiting for Rafferty trial to resume. Court likely to hear resolution of legal issues discussed Tuesday with jury absent [via Twitter]
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

RaffertyLFP: Court is resuming but jury is not present [via Twitter]
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

They had all day yesterday to conclude their legal matters...why jury not present now???!! So frustrating, just wanting Justice.
    Our memories shape us, providing a backdrop for our daily lives, a context for our actions, a rationale for our sometimes dubious decisions. Who we are today is inextricably woven through with memories of who we were yesterday, and the days before that.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nettie_82 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    RaffertyLFP: In overflow court waiting for Rafferty trial to resume. Court likely to hear resolution of legal issues discussed Tuesday with jury absent [via Twitter]
    This bee my opinion

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

@AdrianMorrow
    The voir dire continues at 9:30, jury is back at 10. Terri-Lynne McClintic's testimony continues for a fourth day

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nettie_82 View Post
    They had all day yesterday to conclude their legal matters...why jury not present now???!! So frustrating, just wanting Justice.
    Sometimes when you're arguing a point, the judge wants to take time to have his clerk research the issue before hearing additional arguments from counsel and rendering a decision on a legal point. While it can be annoying, delays like this can also be a good thing - a sign that the judge is being very thorough so that there won't be any issues with legal technicalities.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. I am a newly practicing lawyer (yay!) but not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    @AdrianMorrow
    The voir dire continues at 9:30, jury is back at 10. Terri-Lynne McClintic's testimony continues for a fourth day
    are they doing voir dire of an expert I wonder??? (I recall how long that took in that case in florida I will not name)
    This bee my opinion

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

There is such a pretty picture of Tori at the LFP site. One I hadn't seen before. For some reason it won't let me copy and paste it.

Here is the link.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/r.../19530086.html
    JMO.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to redkatrampant For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post
    Thank you!!
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Rafferty trial Day 10 (03/21/2012)

10:04 Mike Knoll: @Guest - absolutely not. we can only report on what the jury hears. Wednesday March 21, 2012 10:04 Mike Knoll

10:04 [Comment From Guest Guest : ]
    can you report on what the legal issues are being discussed

9:40 RaffertyLFP: Court is resuming but jury is not present [via Twitter]
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."
    ★★★★★ ღ♥Lois McMaster Bujold♥ღ ★★★★★

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post
    Thank you!!

Having issues with WS loading tooooo sloooow.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Still waiting.....JMO

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Thank you!!

Having issues with WS loading tooooo sloooow.
    You are welcome. I think those of use in the Hailey Dunn thread are slowing things down.
    JMO.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to redkatrampant For This Useful Post:

RaffertyLFP: The jury is still not back. The court continues to discuss legal issues
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

@RaffertyLFP
    The jury is still not back. The court continues to discuss legal issues

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

are the parents allowed to be present for the voire dire's and other proceedings as well as the testimony
    As always, JMO

Evil is; as evil does.

Prayers for Jun Lin, his family and those that love him.
    Justice is patient, relentless in its pursuit and is on the march for Justin Lin....

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to snoofer For This Useful Post:

They had all day yesterday to discuss legal issues!!!!
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

does anyone know if the trial transcripts (re: objections, legal issues, etc) will be available after the trial is over?

fwiw I am not surprised at the amount of things/time that the legal arguments take (the ones that we are not privy to while the jury is out of the room)
    This bee my opinion

44. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    does anyone know if the trial transcripts (re: objections, legal issues, etc) will be available after the trial is over?

fwiw I am not surprised at the amount of things/time that the legal arguments take (the ones that we are not privy to while the jury is out of the room)
    Yes my understanding (and a tweet posted sometime last week at LFP) was that after the trial, they can report on the legal issues discussed during court, etc.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

46. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

More people are showing up to the #rafferty trial now. Jury has yet to come back.

Without the jury. I am unable to report on what is being said

RT @JeremyGlobalTV: Rodney #Stafford has arrived at London courthouse as #Rafferty trial continues this morning. lockerz.com

RaffertyLFP: The jury is coming back in. McClintic is back on the stand [via Twitter

rafferty stands every time the jury enters or leaves. He's not required to. It's interesting

Jury back in the courtroom. Judge briefs them on decision about McClintic may 2009 statement

Judge tells jury that McClintics May 2009 statement was only supposed to be used to judge credibility but there are exceptions

Judge tells jury that McClintics may 2009 statement satisfies one of those exceptions

McClintic is back in the witness box. Heeney is telling the jury he has ruled they may consider McClintic's video statement.

Judge "you should pay close attention" to what she says and how she says it.

Court will now see more excerpts from may 2009 statement by McClintic

48. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

RaffertyLFP: The jury is coming back in. McClintic is back on the stand [via Twitter]
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast