strange noises in wisconsin

Creepy and strange! I remember reading a story about this happening someplace else not too long ago, I'll have to see if I can find it...

Hmm there is reference to some in NC back in the early fall. But also, googling up "strange boom sounds" yields all kinds of references to them throughout history, various scientific explanations, and a TON of conspiracy theory stuff! I never knew this phenomenon had a conspiracy following! :crazy:

"Strange boom sounds" in Wisconsin?

I blame the cheese.

There has been a "rash" of strange noises - youtube has a ton of links. From all over the world.

Some are obviously faked, but some are odd, and unusual, and have no real explanation. I am totally fascinated by them; I'll bet they're happening here, but this city is sooo huge that I barely hear crickets...never quiet enough to hear something unusual, and never dark enough to see stars.

I can't wait to move out into the country. To see stars, to hear nature (no, nature is not the natural gas powered semi truck going down the street...sigh...), to know the darkness that I loved when I was a child at camp...I just can't wait.

As to the noises...it's interesting...someone compared it to the noises in War of The Worlds, but I haven't seen that movie, so I don't know. LOL.

Best-
Herding Cats

Here's a vid from youtube. Not posting as to it's veracity or accuracy, but it is interesting.

FULL VIDEO - Strange sounds heard worldwide 2012 - Something is definitely wrong - YouTube

I think it's a natural phenomena...not thinking it's aliens or the earth cracking or anything like that (which some people insist). Some of the sounds strike me as strange echos of mechanical noises, but some I just can't place.

And I honestly think that some folks are honestly, truly unnerved by the 2012 stuff, and may be looking for "signs in the sky" or whatever. I think *they* think this is doom/gloom, but I don't know that I agree.

Interesting, whichever way you look at it.

Best-
Herding Cats

ETA: Some interesting Wiki reading. But it's Wiki...take it for what it's worth.

The Hum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It sounds like people are adding sounds to the pictures with their keyboards. To me it sounds like electronica music.

It kinda sounds like whales lamenting. Maybe it's the collective moans of all the whales we have killed and otherwise abused and now we're being haunted by them.

We had something like this happen up here in Ontario canada and was heard as far as boston it was every night at 4am it was waking people up but it went on for the rest of the night they called it the hum I never heard it myself but i know it was causing alot of sleepless nights for the people that could hear it don't know if its related or not..

We had strange booming noises reported on the big island not too long ago. I'd guess maybe within the last 3 to 6 weeks or so it was reported. It was local news, not sure it made national news, I doubt it did.

The army corp of engineers and other entities here never could figure out what caused them although there was some recent volcanic activity there.

Eta: they were described as underground booms too. But they weren't located near the known active vents or anything.

It's the D.U.M.B.S and whatever they are hiding in there!!

I just watched a Tv show not long ago on OLN called UFO Hunters and this same thing was reported and they did some kinda noise tests to some people that heard the bang they put them in a house and used some kinda stereo thing to create a loud bang and the people inside the house would say if it was as loud and they figured out that the sound made was from a I forget the kind now but basically It was from a jet flying below 3000 feet and the bang came when it broke the sound barrier..

CanMan, I've heard, and been thoroughly scared by, sonic booms. The sounds that are being heard are not sonic booms, at least to my understanding.

DUMBs are definitely something being spoken about, and there are strange anomolies that are going on.

I will say that some of the larger eqs we have had in the last 5-8 years have changed the axis of the earth, but I don't know if that's part of this? The sounds appear far too mechanical in many ways for that to be the cause. In some cases, I think there's fraud, too. And some other cases, I think it's very likely that a strange echo effect from construction, or from passing vehicles (like trains, or big trucks) may be the answer.

But some of those sounds...well...I just don't know.

Best-
Herding Cats

There have been a lot of larger than normal earthquakes worldwide recently. I wonder if the earth's plates are resettling around those that moved?

Reports from all over the place of these same sounds, so even if the videos posted are dubbed over, there are the reports from people living in the cities saying the same thing. Some people think it's the HAARP, which they also blame for all those birds dying 2 years in a row on New Year's Eve.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back