740 users online (72 members and 668 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Edgar Whitt for sex abuse, child endangerment, Big Spring, 2012

At 1:36 AM police encountered a 7 Year old who was riding his bike telling them he was running away from home.

No doubt the poor lil guy had good reason for his escape. Police went to his home to find he was being held in a staright jacket. Poor kid. It's not clear how he escaped.

Sadly it also came to light that he was born to his mom who is the biological woman's biological father.

More at link including mugshots.

http://www.oaoa.com/news/child-84286-county-howard.html

Tamara Ruth Whitt

and

Edgar Dale Whitt

Judgement reserved for this lady because I have no idea in Holy He*l how bad that had to be.

Two other children were removed from the home as well.

No doubt Edgar Dale Whitt had to be on someone's radar. The guy was a nutter way back in 1979 carrying a toy LE badge and threatening to blow his head off if he didn't get his half day wages.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=3252,1559056

My bad. The thread head should be "boy" singular. Also, I got confused with a father being a grandfather and biology and all that.

Basically, the neighbor already called CPS back in January. The family lived with no water for at least the last year. Edgar Whitt wouldn't let Tamara Whitt out of his sight and also covered all the windows in the home.

http://www.kwes.com/story/17205634/n...led-cps-before

It looks like he's originally from AL or MS, and has lived all over the place. I shudder to think how many other families are out there in plain sight like this?

That little guy not only saved himself, but saved the whole shabang.

Gotta wonder where Tamara Whitt's mother is? If my hunch is right she got some nerve or no nerve or maybe she was kept in a straight jacket?

Wha

This one has me scratching my head.

The release stated that authorities contacted family who said they’d restrained the child by using a “straight jacket,” and they didn’t know how he got out. Upon further investigation it was determined that the living conditions of the residence were “not suitable,” the release stated.

The release stated Child Protective Services took custody of three children ages who were aged 7, 5 and 2.

The mother of the children, 26-year-old Tamara Ruth Whitt, and their grandfather 54-year-old Edgar Dale Whitt were both charged with endangering a child, the release stated.

Investigators then also discovered that Edgar Whitt had fathered a child with his daughter, Tamara Whitt. As a result, Edgar Whitt was also charged with prohibited sexual conduct with descendant, a second-degree felony.
    Are all of the 3 kids products of incest? or just the boy?

I need to go wash my brain, I'll check back later. *shudder*
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

http://www.bigspringherald.com/conte...ning-away-home

“As part of the investigation we were trying to determine who the father of the children were,” Parker said. “The family had only moved to Big Spring about two years ago, which was making that somewhat difficult. However, after speaking to them for a while, it was discovered that Edgar Whitt — who is Tamara Whitt's father — had fathered at least one of the children with his daughter. That's when the decision was made to file additional charges against Edgar Whitt.”

Edgar Whitt was later charged with prohibited sexual conduct – incest, a second-degree felony, according to Big Spring Police Department arrest records.

Parker declined to comment on the physical condition of the children at this time or whether there is evidence of physical abuse or molestation.

“I can't comment on that right now, as this is an ongoing investigation,” Parker said. “We're preparing this information to be turned over to the district attorney's office.”

Jesus take the wheel. If the oldest child is fathered by "him" than who do the two youngest belong to? How does that work? Where's the grandmom and does she or did she know?

Oh yeah that guy has lived all over. Name it. Don't even freak out, but somewhere someone asked if the mom is actually the father/grandpop's sister's child? Like than he'd be her Uncle too. That I believe was speculation, but who knows?

This littles will at least I pray be given a good chance at a decent life.

Were the other two kids restrained as well? Man, the 7 year old had more sense than the adults.

http://www.bigspringherald.com/conte...-against-whitt

Additional charges filed against Whitt

A charge of continuous sexual abuse of a child has been filed against the 54-year-old Big Spring man who was arrested in mid-March on charges of abandoning/endangering a child – criminal negligence and prohibited sexual conduct – incest, according to investigators
    While the investigation continues, the three children have been removed from the home by Child Protective Services and are currently in foster care.

“From what I've heard, the children are doing very well in foster care,” Parker said.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    http://www.bigspringherald.com/conte...-against-whitt

Additional charges filed against Whitt

Sheesh, criminal trespassing and profanity at one of the kids schools and then he goes to a Christian daycare and cusses them out. Would a person have the nerve when they're the father and grandfather of the kid? Not to mention they just moved there?

Will someone please tell me why the suspects' names all seem to be highlighted in red?

Is this being done for any particular reason? I had planned to post.

Thanks!

That man should rot in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    My bad. The thread head should be "boy" singular. Also, I got confused with a father being a grandfather and biology and all that.

Basically, the neighbor already called CPS back in January. The family lived with no water for at least the last year. Edgar Whitt wouldn't let Tamara Whitt out of his sight and also covered all the windows in the home.
    http://www.kwes.com/story/17205634/n...led-cps-before

It looks like he's originally from AL or MS, and has lived all over the place. I shudder to think how many other families are out there in plain sight like this?

That little guy not only saved himself, but saved the whole shabang.

Gotta wonder where Tamara Whitt's mother is? If my hunch is right she got some nerve or no nerve or maybe she was kept in a straight jacket?
    BBM

Signs of an obsession with his daughter? Did he not want others seeing in, or he didn't want her seeing out?

I question whether it is right to charge the mother in this case. If she was being isolated from others as well as being abused and controlled, and if she had grown up that way she probably really didn't know any better or didn't know what to do.

What surprises me in this case is that he acknowleged the father/daughter relationship. I am surprised that he didn't move in and introduce them as husband/wife. Which makes me wonder, was it because he didn't care or because he didn't know any better?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I feel like I could puke!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyswife View Post
    That man should rot in prison.
    He probably won't.

BIG SPRING - There's outrage in Big Spring after a man accused of fathering a child with his own daughter cut a plea deal in his case.
    On Friday, Whitt accepted a plea bargain.

He plead guilty to one count of the incest charge for 10 years of prison time.

In exchange, the four counts of indecency with a child were dismissed.
    Whitt will have to serve at least a quarter of his sentence before he's eligible for parole. He will also have to register as a sex offender once he's released. Orr said the children involved in the case are under the control of Child Protective Services.
    http://www.kwes.com/story/19627994/h...hitt-plea-deal

FB news blurb on Big Spring radio station KBest 95.7

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...87223084634786

Whitt was represented by Sweetwater attorney Trey Keith, while Assistant District Attorney Robin Orr represented the state.

The sentence was handed down by 118th District Court Judge Timothy Yeats, who asked if Whitt had any questions.

“My only question is that the court take under consideration my health. I’m a cripple and disabled,” Whitt said quietly.

According to Orr, Whitt will be required to serve 25 percent of his sentence — in this case, approximately two years with his time spent in the county detention center awaiting trial considered — before he is eligible for parole.
    Orr said he was satisfied with the outcome of the plea agreement, despite the dismissal of several charges.

“It took me a long time just to go through the reports written on this case and try to construct a timeline and get some idea of the sequence in which things occurred,” Orr said. “Having done that and having evaluated what I found it was my opinion — in certain respects, especially toward the charge of prohibited sexual conduct — I felt quite sure we could get a conviction. The question became, ‘What would a jury do with that?’ My experience with juries is there’s no way to tell.
    Given the unpredictable nature of a jury trial or subsequent punishment phase, Orr said he felt comfortable with the outcome of Friday’s proceedings.

“I don’t believe I’ve ever (met) anyone who confused a 10-year sentence in the Texas prison system with a day at the beach,” Orr said firmly. “Regardless of how much time he does serve or not serve, he is a convicted felon. We were able to accomplish that without the risk to us of a trial. I know people might think he might have gotten a different sentence (at trial) ... and that’s true, he might have. However, he might not have. What if a jury comes back with a three-year sentence?

“One of the things I’ve come to appreciate in the dozen years I’ve been doing this is I value the certainty of a conviction which results from a plea agreement rather than the chance to perhaps obtain a greater sentence. A bird in the hand is still worth two in the bush.
    http://www.bigspringherald.com/conte...rs-prison-time

Ugh.

A short sentence from a West Texas jury on this case?

Not very likely if LE and prosecutors have done their job well.

MOO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast