GUILTY TX - Lawton, 58, Rhonda, 57, & Mark Sesler, 26, murdered, Waller, 20 March 2012

CocoChanel

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.chron.com/news/article/Son-arrested-in-slayings-of-3-in-family-3422574.php

Inside, authorities found Lawton Ray Sesler Jr., his wife, Rhonda Wyse Sesler, and their son, Mark Alan Sesler, 26. Each had fatal gunshot wounds that appeared to have come from a high-powered rifle, Smith*said.

"This was a scene that had a lot of violence," the sheriff added. "The house was*ransacked."

Trey Sesler was absent when officers arrived. Evidence at the scene led police to name him as the prime suspect in the triple slaying, Smith*said.

The sheriff added that Sesler did not have a violent criminal record and Waller police had no history of officers responding to the home before this*week.

You just never know what difficult struggles go on within family units. I often think there is dysfunction inside every home, most of us just keep it behind closed doors, ashamed to admit ours is not the perfect family. I really think if society as a whole rejected the idea of the perfect family we would all be healthier. The tragedy is when we strive for that ideal because it is often portrayed as what we SHOULD have and deserve. It makes for so much disappointment and disillusion, and I believe contributes to a plethora of mental health issues. This family tragedy is haunting me due to the close geographical location to me, and the outward appearance of normalcy.

Police: Man charged in Waller deaths planned Columbine-like attack
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...-charged-in-Waller-deaths-planned-3421875.php

A 22-year-old charged with capital murder in the fatal shooting of his parents and older brother in the family's Waller home was planning a Columbine-style shooting at a local high school, authorities said Wednesday.

A police source said Trey Eric Sesler apparently had an obsession with the Columbine High School attack, where two senior students went on a shooting spree in 1999 in Colorado, killing 12 students and one teacher before taking their own lives. Sesler told investigators he and at least one other former Waller High School student were planning a Columbine-style massacre at the high school, the police source said.

CC, that is devastating. What's that saying? You're only as sick as your secrets?

Sympathies for this entire family.

Snipped respectfully by me.

Filly - that is so true.
Shame and secrets can destroy from within. I have no idea what was really happening inside that family, but it exploded in one terrible moment, and everything any of them ever hoped for and dreamed of was forever gone. The article says the paternal grandfather is in hospice care. How could you possibly tell him his family was wiped out by his grandson?

He was arrested practically right outside my front door. He was on the run with a weapon, body armor... helicopters and police everywhere....scary scary stuff.

Gun-obsessed movie critic who 'shot dead his parents and brother was planning a Columbine-style massacre at school'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rother-planning-Columbine-style-massacre.html

Writing was said to have been written over the walls of the home expressing remorse.

Michael Williams, a crime scene investigator and detective with the Waller Police Department, told the Chronicle that two weeks ago, Sesler made a strange call to police.

He said: 'He just called us one day about something bizarre. He said he was sitting in the backyard and that a bullet whizzed by his head and that he had gotten his guns and he was ready.'

Someone reported gunshots coming from the home on Monday evening but when police arrived they discovered nothing.

Waller County Sheriff Glenn Smith said: 'This was a scene that had a lot of violence. The house was ransacked.

Aunt Weda Frierson called her nephew 'peculiar' when interviewed by the Houston Chronicle.

She said: 'I'll have to admit, he was quite strange. But naturally, I wasn't going to tell Trey's parents that he acts peculiar.

CC, that is devastating. What's that saying? You're only as sick as your secrets?

By appearances this is a nice, handsome young man that likes cars, and reviewing movies on YouTube.

His FB

https://www.facebook.com/people/Trey-Sesler/1064252182#!/people/Trey-Sesler/1064252182?sk=info

Save for one photo that has only a prop gun for a movie he was making who would know what was up the road? Again it's just a prop he says.

Sympathies for this entire family.

Appears to be a normal guy. Hanging with his friends, taking pics of cars. Did you see the picture of the old Nova that he said belongs to his Mom and Dad?

What happened here?

I just listened to the Sheriff's presser. An interesting tidbit is that he is being charged with capital murder for his parents, but not for his brother. The sheriff kind of slipped up and mentioned something about him returning to the house. A reporter caught on to that and asked him to clarify about why capital for the parents and not for his brother and asked him if he did indeed return to the home. He also asked if they were killed all at once.

The sheriff really didn't clarify, said the investigation is ongoing and for the reporters to ask the DA about the charges. He said he "might" have come back to the residence and he "thought" they were killed all at once.

The sheriff also said they retrieved a bunch of his journals from the home. Oh, and he reported that during the questioning, the suspect ate twice and used the bathroom a few times. He cried once or twice. He was respectful to the detectives (this was in response to a reporter's question about his demeanor).

A little local gossip: He used to gas up at the corner store by my house. I'm good friends with the store clerk. He told me the guy used to deliver pizzas for a big chain pizza place. YIKES!!! And that he had friends in one of the neighborhoods here that is known for drug use. Clerk said he thought he used a lot of drugs.

He was arrested practically right outside my front door. He was on the run with a weapon, body armor... helicopters and police everywhere....scary scary stuff.

OMG Surfie! How scary that must have been for you :eek:

Glad you are okay.

Thanks for all the inside info, Surfie.

I bet your community is in complete shock!

I wonder if he had any other brothers or sister.

Detectives said Trey told them he killed his parents and brother because he didn’t want them to be ashamed of what he was about to do. They said Sesler was plotting a Columbine-style attack on an unnamed school.

A relative described Trey Sesler as "strange."

A high school friend said Sesler was being treated for depression. He said Trey loved his brother, but hated school and his teachers.

The barber who cuts Trey’s hair said he suspected something was wrong with him when his haircut came with an odd request.

"He told me, ‘Make it look like it hurts. Yeah make it look like it hurts,’" said Robert Martinez. "I have no idea. I just tried to make it look messy."

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Waller-residents-shaken-by-triple-murder--143736236.html

OMG Surfie! How scary that must have been for you :eek:

Glad you are okay.

It was about 9:30 or so at night, and I heard a helicopter. We live practically in a forest of pine trees in a rural area, so often when LifeFlight has to come, they will come and land at the school parking lot (there's a big fire station next door to the school), so that's what I assumed was happening. I went outside to see if it was LifeFlight, couldn't tell, so I went back inside. I kept hearing the helicopter and I told my husband this didn't feel right...they were hovering too low, crossing around too many times to be LifeFlight.

I had my husband get his pistol out and kept our big Doberman beside the kids. Then, it stopped about an hour later and there was nothing. I read it the next day in the paper. I'm kicking myself for not utilizing my scanner app I just downloaded for the Kindle. I forgot I had it! It was definitely something to remember, I'll tell ya!

During that interview, investigators said Sesler admitted to committing other crimes in the Waller County area over the past several years – things like killing animals, shooting at closed businesses and schools in the middle of the night and setting fires.

http://www.khou.com/home/Investigat...rial-killers-graded-their-work-143829296.html

The FBI was called in Wednesday to assist with the investigation, and officers searched Sesler’s grandmother’s home in Hempstead for evidence. A friend said Trey Sesler’s parents allowed him to live in the grandmother’s home alone, but continued to support him financially.

There was a sign on the mailbox indicating that the home was under surveillance, and KHOU 11 News found a video camera mounted near the back door.

There was also a pet grave located right up against the house. There was a cross with the pet’s name, and underneath the words: "Forgive me."

Thanks for all the inside info, Surfie.

I bet your community is in complete shock!

I wonder if he had any other brothers or sister.

Not that I am aware of. Also, the sheriff said they did not find any evidence to support that he was using any RX drugs, but he alluded to illegal drugs a bit.

The actual murders occurred in a town about 20 miles from here, but for whatever reason this guy hung out in our town and ran here after the murders. I guess because he had friends here? Not sure.

IN his most recent You-Tube video, which was mar 13th, he tells his followers that he has finally found full time work in the film business. That his dream has finally come true, so he won't be doing as many movie reviews, but that he was really happy about his new job. So was he delusional? I cannot imagine that he really found full time work in the film industry for real.

It is also interesting that he is so into Anime. My 23 yr old son used to be really into that too. More like when he was a teen though. He went to a couple of anime festivals and came back saying how strange a lot of the guys there were. :what:

Appears to be a normal guy. Hanging with his friends, taking pics of cars. Did you see the picture of the old Nova that he said belongs to his Mom and Dad?

What happened here?

Yes, it needed to be restored? Meanwhile he wrecked his own car, right?

O.K. again hindsight and all, but ummmmm he's holding that cute bunny in his profile picture. I wonder if that's the pet he killed?

I am so sad for his family...his mom, dad, and brother.....whose lives he ended....and the remaining family members who have been thrust into this American Gothic tragedy.

At the same time I cannot help but be relieved and so grateful...that more innocent lives weren't lost...if indeed he was planning to do so much more. Perhaps the horror of what he had done to those closest to him overcame the sickness in his mind that conceived of his 'plan'. Thank God. Thank you God!!!

I am kind of freaked out right now. I would love to find pictures of the adults if anybody knows of any.

The name here seems familiar and I have friends in waller. I do not "know" these people but think I have met them, probably at a BBQ cookoff. What REALLY disturbs me is that my friends have kids in the high school he wanted to attack.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back