1109 users online (243 members and 866 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Remains found in Big Spring #2 - Strong Speculation this may be Hailey

Please continue here.

Please remember the rules and be respectful of one another and in your use of humor. Negativity about TV personalities should be placed in the private, member's only, area, in the appropriate thread.

Prayers for Hailey and those that love her,

Salem

Thread 1

ETA: Humor can be a good thing and it can help take the tension out of a situation or make this unbearable waiting a little more bearable. I did not mean to imply that humor was not allowed or that it was unwelcome. Only that it should be respectful of this situation (you know, not gory or hurtful).
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-25-2016 at 03:03 AM. Reason: broken link

They wrapped up that scene quickly. I pray that something was found to convict.

So they've wrapped up for the day. I wish they could tell us if this was Hailey or not. This waiting is killing me. I know it's worse for those who loved her. Such a sad day as I believe it is her.

"Asked at the time if Hailey Dunn's mother was considered a person of interest, Kampfer said, "If you saw the affidavit, you might infer that, but I can't tell you that. I was advised to say that there are 'persons of interest,' which is plural, to include Shawn Adkins."

http://huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/21...n_1370205.html

It goes on later quoting Owens as saying Shawn is the only person of interest they've had. I think anyway you slice it, BD will go down too. IMHO

Another one I feel where I fear that we as SAR failed miserably.... Oriah, if you are on here, I remember the countless hours on the phone at 2 am talking about this issue in this case, what do we do for the next one?

Whether it is her or not, I hope that it brings closure to those who loved this person.

Waiting impatiently.

I know there must be a reason: does anyone know why her remains would be sent to the local funeral home first and then on to Tarrant County for an autopsy?

Quote Originally Posted by OneLove View Post
    I know there must be a reason: does anyone know why her remains would be sent to the local funeral home first and then on to Tarrant County for an autopsy?
    No, that makes no sense to me. Seems like it messes up the chain of custody.

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    Another one I feel where I fear that we as SAR failed miserably.... Oriah, if you are on here, I remember the countless hours on the phone at 2 am talking about this issue in this case, what do we do for the next one?

Whether it is her or not, I hope that it brings closure to those who loved this person.

Waiting impatiently.
    Sarx, you and Oriah are treasures. Please do not doubt yourselves. Your work is magnificent! All will work out in the end. Things unseen will be made more clear.

Please tell me this isn't true and is just rumor? Nobody but LE should be near the remains that could be connected to a case. Hoping this isn't so, or I may just implode.

No, I don't. Seems the remains would go immediatly to Ft. Worth for the autopsy. Good question.
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

In most small towns, there is not a ME office. The funeral homes are the only ones that can legally transport the body. I am sure there has to be paperwork for them to do so. Might be the case here.

Waiting impatiently.
    Hugs to you. You went above and beyond what you could do. Please don't second guess yourself. Keep doing the good work you did for this case in other cases. That's the best way to honor Hailey's memory. You guys were awesome and continue to be so! I am proud to be a member of a place with other people like you as members! Much to love to all of you that got out there and searched for Hailey!

I could see why that area wasn't searched. It was company land behind gates, and right near an airport runway. I would probably walk past and go more in more remote areas if I was searching.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I was going to ask if the other people who are missing are also from Colorado City? I am sure they are just holding them there until the ambulance gets there. It is about 6 or 7 hours from Ft. Worth to the location. The remains would have to be somewhat prepared for transport I would think. jmo
    My prayers are for the innocent.

Dallas Cowboys!!!!
    Texas Rangers!!!!

Please tell me this isn't true and is just rumor? Nobody but LE should be near the remains that could be connected to a case. Hoping this isn't so, or I may just implode.
    Dang, with all kinds of LE, FBI, Texas Rangers, CSI there that someone, anyone would have called this to their attention....!!!!!!! I do hope that the wording was completely wrong on that report.
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast