GUILTY PA - Khalil Wimes, 6, starved & beaten to death, Philadelphia, 19 March 2012

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Little Khalil Wimes of South Philadelphia was brought to Children's Hospital by his parents on Monday night. Immediately staff called 911 seeing his condition. Little guy died and his parents are charged with his murder.

Tina Wimes, and Floyd Wimes face the murder charge along with other charges. The cause of death was blunt force trauma which occured over time and malnutrition.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8590016

Neighbors were shocked to know kids lived in the house. They had seen the "gentleman" and he spoke nicely. They had seen a little 3 year old girl and that was it. The Wimes have EIGHT children. SIX of the children were on the radar of DHS.

It does say they were fairly new however we live in small houses here all connected. Especially in South Philly the streets are narrow and filled with kids, and people sitting on the steps.

Poor kid. A six year old weighing twenty five pounds abused with blunt force trauma.

Really? Serrrrrusly? They gave Floyd Wimes a job from the Welfare To Work Program otherwise known as TWC. That's fine. That's great, but at Keystone Mercy in their ******* outreach program? Why? Because of his commitment to hard work? He beat his child or his wife did and he's working for Keystone Mercy?

Here they had a celebration in March 2010. I'd love to say unbelievable, but sadly it is not.

http://www.keystonemercy.com/news/press/2010/03-16-welfare-to-work.aspx

Rest easy little guy and may your other seven siblings have some peace in this world.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but this just.............

How does a little boy die like this?

Tina Cuffie Wimes FB

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=147156121989338&id=346086932356#!/T.Wimes807

She documents each of her children's births and put a photo up of them. Beautiful kids. Khalil was her Valentine's angel.

She had a baby while still in Bartram and one right smack after graduation. That's an extrordinary feat to finish school as she did. No doubt she could do anything she set her mind to.

She married Wimes in 2010 and shows their wedding after several of their kids were born. It was the happiest day of her life.

What happened? Why was Khalil targeted and why were other kids on DHS radar?

no *advertiser censored****g comment! It just gets worse . . .

Khalil Wimes Dies After Being Sent Back to Parents

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/breaking/Boy-Dies-9-Siblings-Removed-From-Home-143696646.html

Sources close to the investigation say the victim, who they identify as Khalil Wimes, was one of six children removed from the care of their mother, Tina Wimes, over the years because of problems in the home. Khalil was placed in foster care two years ago, but placed back in the custody of his parents after his foster mother lost the right to adopt him in a court battle, according to sources. Before his death, Khalil lived with his parents and his 3-year-old sister in the second floor of a South Philadelphia apartment.

So, I wonder when CPS and the court system is going to catch on that family reunification is often not in the best interests of the child? They seem a bit dense.

He was so close to being saved! His foster mother wanted to adopt him. I will never understand why abusive parents won't allow this. If your child is too much trouble for you to FEED him, why not let him go? One less child to beat on? It must be a power thing.

Belinda and Flutterby, it boggles the mind, doesnt it?

I would love to know the statistics of successful family reunifications.

Someone wanted to adopt this sweetheart and give him a normal life. I wonder how that foster mother is holding up.

He was so close to being saved! His foster mother wanted to adopt him. I will never understand why abusive parents won't allow this. If your child is too much trouble for you to FEED him, why not let him go? One less child to beat on? It must be a power thing.

Its like they become an object "we don't want him but there is no way you are having him". Once the parents treat their child in a way they have to be removed they should immediately loose all rights, and if the foster family want to adpot, then why on earth not. How much would this help? The child is in a loving home, more often than not a child life would be saved, social services case load would be lightened and that would free up more time to spend on other children in danger.

Who makes the rules? Its insanity. Either the judges hands are tied or they are a complete halfwit. :banghead:

So, I wonder when CPS and the court system is going to catch on that family reunification is often not in the best interests of the child? They seem a bit dense.

It will never end, B. I truly don't think it will.

If Ms. Wimes lost custody of six kids that means this has gone on for years. A few of her older kids are grown so it had to go on and on.

Even while in foster care some of the kids are made to go to visitation albeit supervised. My friend fostered and was going to adopt. It broke her heart. In the begining when she got the little boy as an infant every single week a van came and took him to see his birth mother. Often the kid came back with make-up on and smelling of perfume big time. You tell me. Ultimately the biological mother did win custody.

Sadly I know someone too who had several kids removed from her custody and taken by DHS. She just kept having them. The last little girl was in a loving home with nice people who adored her. Visitation was in the foster house, and if she felt like making it she did. If not or high or Lord knows what she didn't. When she wouldn't go she still laid her claim that was her kid.

Last I heard she got all her kids back.

Public assistance is based on how many people per household. Story I read earlier said six of the children had been removed and they only one remaining with them. Perhaps they needed Khalil for the income he would bring. My question as to why the State sent him back is this --- does foster care cost more than the amount of public assistance to the bio family?

Public assistance is based on how many people per household. Story I read earlier said six of the children had been removed and they only one remaining with them. Perhaps they needed Khalil for the income he would bring. My question as to why the State sent him back is this --- does foster care cost more than the amount of public assistance to the bio family?

miima, I hear you. Although I do not know this woman personally she had two children by the time she was 18 years old. Again, I don't know her, but see this every single day. So, I'd take a guess and say mom has been on public assistance for eons.

However, they gave the father a job. Welfare gave him a job. According to the media there were only two kids left residing in that apartment. It makes me wonder if they still were receiving assistance. If so, why?

It's still blowing me away the job that welfare to work gave this guy. A team leader in outreach? For real? Meanwhile his own son is being starved.

Nothing and no amount is worth this child's life. For my own knowledge I am going to ask my friend the cost of foster care versus the welfare system. I wonder if he lost the job this guy? Was that the frustration? Getting up and going to work? Was it losing the assistance that you've come to rely on for so many years?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ust-urine-soaked-mattress-locked-outside.html

Police searching the couple’s home found that Khalil’s bedroom door had a latch which let it be locked from the outside and reported that the room was empty except for a urine stained mattress on the floor.

Khalil’s ‘devastated’ family, who looked after Khalil until he was two, are blaming the DHS for releasing the boy back into his parents care despite their history of violence and drug abuse.

His parents had a history of violence and drug abuse dating back to before Khalil was born and Khalil was put into the care of his cousin Alicia Nixon when he was one-week-old.

Nixon was denied permanent custody of Khalil and he was given back to his parents but he then returned to Nixon just four days later after his parents could not look after him.

But when Khalil was two his parents applied to have their son returned to them and, satisfied that they were off drugs and that Floyd Wimes had a job, the court allowed the boy back into their care.

Nixon said that she raised Khalil for three years ‘constantly loving him and making sure he was ok’ and that ‘his parents fought us tooth and nail until they got him back and then they killed him.

The family argue that they pleaded with the DHS and the court system to protect the young boy and his sister from their parents - writing letters of appeal to the mayor, DHS, and the judge, begging for the decision to be overturned.

‘DHS is supposed to protect the children. He was in a very safe home; he was ripped from a safe home and taken back to squalor. I'm very saddened but I'll be honest with you, I'm extremely angry, I'm angry right now,’ uncle Sulaiman Hadi said.

The Nixons are relatives of the Wimes and were asked by the couple’s family to help care for Khalil when he was born.

khalil6.jpg

khalil3.jpg

When Khalil was nearly a year old however, a court judge ordered the Nixon family to return Khalil to his birth parents.
Four days later the Nixons say Khalil was hospitalized, dehydrated and dirty.
They claim DHS then returned Khalil to them,
urging them to become the permanent caregivers for the child.

khalil2.jpg
khalil5.jpg

When Khalil turned 3 however, the Nixons claim a family court judge forced them to return Khalil to the Wimes.

khalil4.jpg

After Khalil’s death, the Nixons, who were not allowed to see Khalil for three years, were given the right to bury the boy.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Foster-Parents-of-Murdered-Boy-Speak-Out--145185715.html

khaliln.jpg

Danieal Kelly case prosecutor returns to court

It was just last July
when Philadelphia First Assistant District Attorney Edward McCann nailed down the last three convictions among nine people charged in the horrific 2006 starvation death of Danieal Kelly, the 14-year-old girl with cerebral palsy who was allowed to literally wither away and die in her mother’s West Philadelphia apartment, her body covered with deep bedsores and lying in her own excrement.

------------------------

Now, nine months later, McCann is returning to the courtroom to prosecute the parents of Khalil Wimes, the six-year-old South Philadelphia boy who died March 19, allegedly after being starved and beaten over a long period of time.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/crime_and_punishment/145812874.html

khalil7.jpg

To starve anyone, let alone your own children, takes such a long term commitment to the victims' ultimate suffering... it takes an unredeemable devil to undertake such a grievous torture. Throw away the keys on these two. :jail:

I pray for the health and welfare of every child born to them-- I hope they can survive their horror show of a childhood without turning into monsters themselves. Imo, this is how serial killers are grown. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back