What about the fight between Hailey and her mom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngr~snap

Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia
Reaction score
I copied the above post. I've been reading a lot of comments today of posters who didn't know about the fight and I didn't know about it either! I thought I was the only one!

What do we know about the fight? Was that the last time Billie saw Hailey? Or do we think the fight led to Hailey's disappearance?

This fight is very much like the phantom fight between Casey and Cindy Anthony the night before Caylee went missing. There are some witnesses and then some denials.

I remember that some family members said that at some point during the Christmas vacation there was an argument because Hailey wanted to go live with Clint. And billie was angry about that request. But Billie maintained that was untrue, and everything was fine between them. I will have to go look for the links. But I do remember that it was all hazy and unconfirmed, just like the Anthony fight. We all know it happened but nobody wants to confirm it.

I didn't remember a fight at all and wonder why the media is mentioning so much now? Probably one copying from another?

I remember hearing about the overall tension between Hailey and Billie because Hailey apparently wanted to go live with Clint, but I don't recall hearing about a fight occurring the night before Hailey disappeared.

I remember a rumour that Hailey had a physical fight with Billie in that xmas period and Billie had strangled Hailey. This rumour occured before her press conference where she said they had a good christmas and everyone got what they wanted.

I remember a different rumour that LE told SA they knew he had strangled her in the house, post by the ellis county observor.

eta - by strangled, I don't mean in an incidence that directly led to H's disappearance, but as part of a fight that Hailey later told friends about

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/03/no-headline---missing_girl_folo/?partner=yahoo_feeds

Billie Dunn said her boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, was the last person to see Hailey, who reportedly was last seen at 3:15 p.m. Dec. 27.
Adkins, who lives with Billie Dunn, Hailey, and Billie’s 16-year-old son, reportedly said Hailey told him she was going to stop by her father’s house, which is in walking distance of their home, and then was planning to spend the night with a friend.

Billie Dunn said she and her daughter had the usual parent-teen arguments, but the last time she had seen her daughter, she was in good spirits.

IDK anything about a fight but I think there is something odd about the last time Billie saw Hailey because she said something weird on NG, she went into her room but she didn't even touch her, she just wanted to ease her mind.

BILLIE DUNN: I saw her Sunday night.

GRACE: What time, 10:00 PM?

BILLIE DUNN: Probably around 10:00.

GRACE: Now, was that when you looked in her room and it is was dark and you thought she was lying in her bed?

BILLIE DUNN: I did see her in her room, but I saw her watching TV. Monday morning, I looked in her room and it was dark and it looked look she was laying in bed. But I didn`t go touch her, make sure that was her. I just peeked in to make sure she was in bed to ease my mind and...

GRACE: And so no one for sure saw Hailey from, like -- that was 6:00 AM in the morning when you left...

BILLIE DUNN: Yes.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/12/ng.01.html

What was she worrying about, why did she need to ease her mind? She didn't yet know that Hailey would go missing, did she? Did something happen on Sunday night that made her think Hailey might not be in her room sleeping? And what's that about not touching her to make sure it was her? Why does she mention touching her? It seems weird to me. I can identify all three or my children with visuals, I don't need to touch them. Did someone "touch" Hailey? And why does she say she didn't make sure it was her?? Who else could it be?

Maybe she means that there was a lump under the covers and she didn't see if it was pillows or a child but the whole thing still seems odd to me. Ease her mind about what exactly?

IDK anything about a fight but I think there is something odd about the last time Billie saw Hailey because she said something weird on NG, she went into her room but she didn't even touch her, she just wanted to ease her mind.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/12/ng.01.html

What was she worrying about, why did she need to ease her mind? She didn't yet know that Hailey would go missing, did she? Did something happen on Sunday night that made her think Hailey might not be in her room sleeping? And what's that about not touching her to make sure it was her? Why does she mention touching her? It seems weird to me. I can identify all three or my children with visuals, I don't need to touch them. Did someone "touch" Hailey? And why does she say she didn't make sure it was her?? Who else could it be?

Maybe she means that there was a lump under the covers and she didn't see if it was pillows or a child but the whole thing still seems odd to me. Ease her mind about what exactly?

I have never told you that you are the most logical poster I know. I like the way you can clear up confusing posts and explain posts that are hard to understand or above our heads.You can see right through muddle and clear it up. Thank you.

Regarding your question...Yes, it was odd and it was odd because her wording suggests Billie may have been looking/fearing a deceased Hailey and was afraid to touch her and find out.

:moo:

JMO ... but when you "decipher" the "Billie speak" -- she "tells on herself" as well as she is very DECEPTIVE ...

JMO ... but I believe there was some type of "fight" between Billie and Hailey ...

I remember one of Billie's statements about Christmas and the day after, where Billie said that it was just a "normal day" and blah blah blah ...

RED FLAG ... IMO when someone says it was a "normal day" ...

JMO ... but I have always believed Billie was involved in whatever happened to Hailey, and Shawn helped her cover it up ...

MOO ...

snipped from Billie's Timeline 1-31-11 Presser:

"With that said, I want to start out by saying that there was no blowout on Christmas, there were no arguments or disagreements. Everyone was getting along fine. And everyone pretty much got exactly what they asked for. On Sunday, Dec 26, Hailey returned home around noon after spending the night with Clint. I cooked a small Christmas dinner for the four us. We ate around 2:00. After dinner, we all just relaxed and hung out. I was just a nice, quiet enjoyable lazy day. Later in that evening around 8 o r9, DD left to spend the night with a friend. That’s where some of the inconsistencies with family comes along. DD says he left at 9 o’clock at night, I was saying he left at 6 or 7. That’s the inconsistencies. Shawn and I were watching TV in our bedroom. Hailey was playing a xBox game in DD’s room. Around 10 o’clock I saw that Hailey was in her room watching TV. I told her good night and I went to bed. ..."

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - When was Hailey last seen?

IMO, the reason Billie told Nancy she "looked in on her to ease her mind but didn't touch her" is to distance any involvement of herself. I believe she had a fight with Hailey just like it was reported and only after the speculation cast against Billie & Shawn did Billie retaliate by saying that she "didn't touch her". She said that in reference to checking in on Hailey but those words resonate throughout this whole case. I think it's to screw with people's minds & cause confusion. I personally think she specifically said she didn't "touch" her bc she actually in fact did and it could possibly have contributed to this...

Sorry but I don't cave into pity parties, especially when the people surrounding the victim are so questionable. She's most definitely crying on the wrong shoulder afaic.

Billie's & Shawn's poly results tell a story, and that story is sooo different from what they've inferred. Something notable is that their polys turned out the same story while their own stories changed...

I don't know if I believe that there was a fight at all. :cow:

Maybe Fox and others are confusing the night before the disappearance with the altercation that happened in 2010 when BD called the police on SA. He had threatened to kill BD, Clint, and Hailey.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=332786

I think ANYTHING is possible, but I am thinking SA and BD had time to tighten up their story. They have proven to be deceptive with their failed polygraphs. I think they are both lying and find anything they say not credible. I think she realized after she said that she had a fight with Hailey...OOPS THAT WILL LOOK BAD...no, everyone was in good spirits and getting along.

I can't wrap my mind around a lot of this. I hope you are right, I really do. I am glad we are all trying to think this out.

snipped from Billie's Timeline 1-31-11 Presser:

"With that said, I want to start out by saying that there was no blowout on Christmas, there were no arguments or disagreements. Everyone was getting along fine. And everyone pretty much got exactly what they asked for. On Sunday, Dec 26, Hailey returned home around noon after spending the night with Clint. I cooked a small Christmas dinner for the four us. We ate around 2:00. After dinner, we all just relaxed and hung out. It was just a nice, quiet enjoyable lazy day. Later in that evening around 8 o r9, DD left to spend the night with a friend. That’s where some of the inconsistencies with family comes along. DD says he left at 9 o’clock at night, I was saying he left at 6 or 7. That’s the inconsistencies. Shawn and I were watching TV in our bedroom. Hailey was playing a xBox game in DD’s room. Around 10 o’clock I saw that Hailey was in her room watching TV. I told her good night and I went to bed. ..."

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - When was Hailey last seen?

Thanks for the link, SurfieTX !

RBBM: That statement from Billie has always "bothered me" :

When someone has to "defend" themself and say there was "no blowout" -- "no arguments or disagreements" it sounds "defensive" IMO ...

Why did Billie say what did NOT happen ? WHAT is she hiding ?

JMO ... but she had something to hide ...

:moo:

IMO, the reason Billie told Nancy she "looked in on her to ease her mind but didn't touch her" is to distance any involvement of herself. I believe she had a fight with Hailey just like it was reported and only after the speculation cast against Billie & Shawn did Billie retaliate by saying that she "didn't touch her". She said that in reference to checking in on Hailey but those words resonate throughout this whole case. I think it's to screw with people's minds & cause confusion. I personally think she specifically said she didn't "touch" her bc she actually in fact did and it could possibly have contributed to this...

Sorry but I don't cave into pity parties, especially when the people surrounding the victim are so questionable. She's most definitely crying on the wrong shoulder afaic.

The creepiest thing BD said imo was "to ease my mind." Ease her mind about what?

Had Billie struck her so hard during the fight she thought she could have killed her?

I always believe the first words out of someone mouth before they have time to rethink and try to rearrange what they previously stated. Billie was trying to say the fight never happened and all was good between them. Shades of Cindy Anthony when she covered up the truth.

IMO

I can't tell you how many times I've seen Fox News get details wrong in these cases so I'm skeptical that the fight info is legitimate.

I think that the fight happened and Hailey threatened to run away to Clint's house and that is what Billie meant when she said she needed to "ease her mind". I think that she was worried that Hailey may have left in the middle of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine