1245 users online (291 members and 954 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

FL - Student threatens to kill professor

A Florida Atlantic University student threatens to kill her professor, strikes another student in the head, and goes on a tirad using the fword in every sentence. The video made me feel like I was right in the class. It was a bit uncomfortable. It kind of bothered me that people were laughing when she was taken out of the room, but it might have just been them releasing nervous tension. I have to think this was a mental problem coming to light or medicines not being taken.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ion-class.html
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

When I was teaching at a large California university, another professor had a student who began ranting in class, not threatening her directly, but making wild and ambiguous references to violence that alarmed both the professor and her teaching assistant.

The prof and TA went to our department chair to report the problem and the chair told the student he couldn't come back to class until he had been cleared by health services. This in turn set off another round of ranting and ambiguous threats about returning with a gun.

So the department responded by increasing campus security IN THE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING, leaving the professor, TA and their 100 students unguarded in another building. LOL. (For the record, the administrators were males, the teachers were females.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    When I was teaching at a large California university, another professor had a student who began ranting in class, not threatening her directly, but making wild and ambiguous references to violence that alarmed both the professor and her teaching assistant.

The prof and TA went to our department chair to report the problem and the chair told the student he couldn't come back to class until he had been cleared by health services. This in turn set off another round of ranting and ambiguous threats about returning with a gun.

So the department responded by increasing campus security IN THE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING, leaving the professor, TA and their 100 students unguarded in another building. LOL. (For the record, the administrators were males, the teachers were females.)
    My father, after retiring, worked for a few years teaching at a university. From his stories, I can totally believe the admin protected themselves and not those in closest contact with the student. Moo
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Mental health problems IMO
    England's dancing days are done...

She is the prime example of why we have LE on school grounds and campuses. Lucky she didn't have a weapon, but I hope she is thoroughly examined, not just Baker Acted and then released because she seems to have some serious issues.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

I couldn't believe she just went up and hit that poor guy in the face/head for no reason. She's lucky he didn't retaliate. Not too many guys would take something like that. Wow.
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Orlando View Post
    I couldn't believe she just went up and hit that poor guy in the face/head for no reason. She's lucky he didn't retaliate. Not too many guys would take something like that. Wow.
    I think at that point everyone there realized she was unstable. I am impressed with that young man for keeping his head when that happened. It felt like forever for some other campus staff to get there, but from the video it was less then 3minutes.
    It looked like one young lady tried to talk to her but then quickly realized she wasn't thinking straight. I was trying to think if they could have done anything differently, but couldn't come up with anything. If the prof had asked the students to leave she might have become agressive with more of the students or attacked the prof. It looked like several students left on their own. That was smart. That might be something they advise students to do in the event of an altercation or volatile situation: get up quietly and leave the area immediately. AND call campus police!
    Last edited by Yoda; 03-23-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Typical angry female.

College campuses are becoming more and more dangerous. The push to make college education available to everyone -- even those who have no interest or have no business being there -- and for colleges to accept anyone who can pay has led to an increase of college students who are mentally unstable. This makes for a volatile situation for faculty and students -- oh, and potentially the administration if they wander out from their offices.

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    Mental health problems IMO
    She says something about white M******* F********** will die. Then she turns arounds and says your not black. Angry angry B woman.

Does anyone know what her major malfunction was-- what made her snap? Clearly it was something on that lecture board being discussed, but I can't tell what it might have been... anyone?

Quiche it's located in the middle of the article but it's only one or two sentences. I amost missed it :

He had been telling students about how peacocks' feathers aid natural selection, when Carr - sitting in the front row - asked her bizarre question about evolution killing black people.
    This isn't about race IMHO. This is about mental illness. She is definately experiencing some kind of psychosis I would think. So glad the Prof and the other students are okay, she could have been armed. The first time she put her hands on someone though, I wish someone could have physically restrained her. For not only her own safety but the safety of others. The students that were able to quietly get up and leave quickly were very smart and lucky to be in an area where they could do so. Something I'll need to talk about my kids with now.

Thanks, Kat-- I skimmed right on over that. Peacocks? Oooookaaaaayyyyy...