FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Please remember the rules. Please post links where applicable. Also, please be careful with the discussion regarding potential drug use and or racist comments. We don't want to start rumors. The potential drug use has been raised in MSM, but it was the personal opinion of someone that just listened to the 911 tapes, so let's not carry it too far - it is discussable, but keep it in context please.

If you have questions or concerns, please PM a mod and they will give you a hand.

Thanks,

Salem

Thread 1

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166351"]Thread 2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166507"]Media Thread[/ame]

And please heed Ynot's warning:

Everyone, please. Calm down.

If posters can't discuss this case in a calm, reasoned, rational manner, then we will lock this thread to give everyone some time to get their wits about them.

Use your IMO/JMOs. Don't get dragged into a personal back-and-forth with someone who may not share your opinions. Don't get personal, and don't take it personal.

If a post fires you up, you don't need to respond to it. You have the choice to move on past it, or to alert responsibly if it violates TOS.

Where this post lands is random. The consequences for your posting decisions are not random; they will be based on your choices and WS rules.

Thanks Salem...

I just can't wait to see and feel justice here....

And thanks for reminding everyone to keep respect for each other ....

Micci

Off to bed for the night but will be praying very hard that when I wake up in the morning I will see George Zimmerman in jail where he belongs and Police Chief Lee without a job.

God bless Trayvon's family, give them strength to make it through and see this to the end. While nothing will ever bring Trayvon back, I hope they are proud knowing that Trayvon's death is not in vain and that he has and will continue to make a difference.

I kinda expected to see a ton of post on this thread.

Why did this guy think he could shoot anyone...even if they were stealing..

Was Fla. shooter a vigilante or good neighbor?

http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...ion=6&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_USNWU00L6_UNEWS&page=1

Zimmerman moved with his parents from Manassas, Va., to Florida about a decade ago. He lived with his parents in nearby Lake Mary for several years before moving to the Retreat at Twin Lakes, records show. He lives in the gated community with his wife, Shellie, a licensed cosmetologist, but is now in hiding because of death threats.

Zimmerman had taken classes at the local community college, but his work history was spotty. He worked at a pressure washing business and then at CarMax, the national used-car dealer, but left in 2008, according to court records. It was not immediately clear what he did for CarMax or what he has been doing since then.

He sounds like a zealous busybody with too much time on his hands. Probably knew all the cops in his area. But for some reason could not become one.
It looks like the "investigation" was just as extensive as the average fender bender since many witnesses were never ever contacted. And GZ explanation was accepted at face value. Wonder if the investigators hailed from Pinellas County. So many holes in GZ's story. Tray did not even have a knife. No weapon whatsoever except his fists.
And as a 17 year old black teenager, he was probably scared being followed by a big white dude. Would not be the first time that a black kid is targeted for some heinous torture/killing by some white supremacist(s).
I do hope they will get to the bottom of this. And if it peters out in Sanford with the Grand Jury thing, hopefully the Feds will take over.
It is very sad and frightening that a person without a badge can now make up their own justice , execute somebody and get away with it.

For me the bottom line is this, while I understand the SYG law, and I understand that GZ did not have a duty to attempt to flee if he was being threatened, SYG does NOT and never did mean that you can chase someone down, get in their grill, question them in a threatening manner, and when they react in a normal way by trying to defend themselves, you can then claim self defense....IMO that is just a corruption of law and Justice.

For me the bottom line is this, while I understand the SYG law, and I understand that GZ did not have a duty to attempt to flee if he was being threatened, SYG does NOT and never did mean that you can chase someone down, get in their grill, question them in a threatening manner, and when they react in a normal way by trying to defend themselves, you can then claim self defense....IMO that is just a corruption of law and Justice.

I do not understand why they have that law. Self defense was always valid argument and defense before this law. The whole SYG law sounds like a bad American Cowboy moment. Being attacked in your house is one thing but this SYG is like a license to kill for non LE people. Judge, jury and executioner all rolled into one. What is wrong with running away as a viable option? Or avoid confrontation..

I kinda expected to see a ton of post on this thread.

Why did this guy think he could shoot anyone...even if they were stealing..

Back up a page and scroll up and down, you'll notice this is the "3rd" thread about this subject, the first 2 had to be closed because they went on too long. We are coming up on about 2000 responses to this topic, welcome to the party!!!

I posted last night, just before the end of #2 got closed, you guys have to watch Anderson Coooper. Listen to the interview with the two witnesses at thet scene who found GZ "strandling" Trayvon. Listen to the 911 call that was enhanced by CNN, and its clear as day what GZ says, regarding Trayvon. You cant' say what he said, stalk an innocent person, pinn that person to the ground, and then yell "self defense."

Just finished watching video of the vigils held last night. I'm so proud that they were peaceful and there were no confrontations. The SYG laws frighten me, especially the one in Florida which extends the right to SYG outside of protecting one's home.

I am also pleased with the no-confidence vote in Sanford.

Finally, I'm pleased that Mr. & Mrs. GZ are in hiding, in fear for their lives as it is so ironic. They are getting a taste of what GZ has done to others. I still remember the interview with the neighbor who said he didn't feel safe walking in his own neighborhood due to GZ.

However, I am being very patient, waiting for a PROPER investigation and presentation to a Grand Jury to wrap it up with a bow. I don't want this new investigation to be as slipshod as Lee's.

If the Florida law stands up and he is not presented to a jury, I know the Feds will pick it up from there. Under Federal Laws, one can't deprive a fellow human being of his/her human rights.

Prayers for Trayvon, his family and friends, and for true justice.

Just finished watching video of the vigils held last night. I'm so proud that they were peaceful and there were no confrontations. The SYG laws frighten me, especially the one in Florida which extends the right to SYG outside of protecting one's home.

I am also pleased with the no-confidence vote in Sanford.

Finally, I'm pleased that Mr. & Mrs. GZ are in hiding, in fear for their lives as it is so ironic. They are getting a taste of what GZ has done to others. I still remember the interview with the neighbor who said he didn't feel safe walking in his own neighborhood due to GZ.

However, I am being very patient, waiting for a PROPER investigation and presentation to a Grand Jury to wrap it up with a bow. I don't want this new investigation to be as slipshod as Lee's.

If the Florida law stands up and he is not presented to a jury, I know the Feds will pick it up from there. Under Federal Laws, one can't deprive a fellow human being of his/her human rights.

Prayers for Trayvon, his family and friends, and for true justice.

Beautifully stated! If Trayvon's family can remain peaceful and patient as they await justice, the least i can do is follow their example.

God Bless the family and friends of Trayvon.

I know this was also discussed yesterday, but i didn't see it myself until Anderson Cooper last night. This "friend" of Zimmerman, who calls himself defending him. Frank Taafe, says "This is a perfect storm, a neighborhood that has crimes down by blacks..." So IMO, that translates into.. Zimmerman had a green light to stop anyone of darker epidermal hue, who he deemed ... suspciious.

Also i know this was brought up earlier on this board as well. I have to think about if Zimmerman was drinking. Why? Does a sane or sober person have the presence of mind to say what said on a 911??? I mean, he studies law, he knows that stuff is recorded, so why would he say that?

I think it has now been made crystal clear just how incompetent Sanford PD is. Either that or they are in collusion with GZ. So glad to see the no confidence in Lee. I certainly wouldn't want him in my town.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/22/trayvon-martin-demonstrators-march-new-york

On Wednesday night, demonstrators chanted "We want arrests!" during the Million Hoodie March in Union Square in Manhattan.

Trayvon's mother, Sybrina Fulton, told the crowd: "My heart is in pain, but to see the support of all of you really makes a difference."

The case has sparked anger against the police department of the Orlando suburb of 53,500 people, prompting rallies and a protest in Governor Rick Scott's office on Tuesday. The Justice Department's Civil Rights Division said it was sending its community relations service to Sanford this week to "address tension in the community".

Trayvon Martin was murdered plain and simple to me!
Zimmerman had NO RIGHT to even have a gun pointed at a young person.
NO RIGHT at all. MOO

Some pictures from the march in New York

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2012/mar/22/trayvon-martin-new-york-us?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

Boys-hold-images-of-slain-016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member