Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I certainly think he was suspected, and followed because he was Black.

I don't think that's why he was killed. I believe he was killed because GZ was in fact in real danger of serious injury or death.

And that's it, in a nutshell. For all the discussions of whether it's right to follow someone, what the reasons were the GZ suspected Trayvon of wrongdoing, all those things are extraneous details IMHO.

The nutshell. Did GZ have reason to believe he was in serious danger at the moment he pulled his gun and shot Trayvon? I say it's likely.
    Nope , do not buy that. He shot him in the rage after he got a bloody nose.
    And the way that insane law is written, you shoot to kill. Can not leave a witness behind that could contradict your self defense story.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rotterdam For This Useful Post:

The Associated Press ‏ @AP

Retweet
    Favorite
    · Open

BREAKING: Florida governor appoints new prosecutor in investigation into the killing of unarmed black teenager.

https://twitter.com/#!/AP

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

I think you're very wise to stay home. Al Sharpton may have a presence, and people, who can help focus the peaceful rally for change, but when the New Black Panther Party shows up with Wanted: Zimmerman Alive or Dead signs, I don't think any of the ralliers are safe there.
    Really? Not being snarky but really?

I hope the protest is peaceful. This is about justice for a 17 year old kid named Trayvon Martin who was shot dead. I hope and pray this quest for justice is not smeared by violent acts or wild wild west WANTED posters.

moo

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boytwnmom View Post
    brought in for questioning, his car wasn't searched, his gun wasn't taken or tested, he wasn't drug or alcohol tested despite finding him with a gun after killing an unarmed boy walking back home to his family.

This seems like the most blatantly incompetent excuse for an investigation I've ever heard of. It almost defies belief. I've never heard of anyone involved in a shooting that is not interrogated afterward-this guy just takes his gun and goes merrily on his way.
    None of us know any of these things, except in fact they did demand his gun and he willingly gave it to them.

We don't know what testing was done for drugs or alcohol. The test surely could have been done. Why would his car need to be searched? I don't think there is anyone at all who thinks the car was involved in this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Horace Finklestein View Post
    Hyperbole aside, the phone didn't pick up everything that happened. I doubt he would have called LE if he were out to stalk him like prey.
    In Zimmerman's own 911 call he admits to going after Tray to the dispatch officer. We know what happened next, Trayvon was dead just minutes later.

I'll just agree that we disagree on this one.
    ^^^^^ My posts are all IMO, JMO, MOO unless I have included a link^^^^^

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to princesspjs For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    Really? Not being snarky but really?

I hope the protest is peaceful. This is about justice for a 17 year old kid named Trayvon Martin who was shot dead. I hope and pray this quest for justice is not smeared by violent acts or wild wild west WANTED posters.

moo

wm
    Do you not find that sign a clear threat on Zimmerman's life? Do you think they chose that wording to be kind of funny and nostalgic?

No. That's a threat.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

I am really impressed by the turnout at the rally!!

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Horace Finklestein View Post
    Hyperbole aside, the phone didn't pick up everything that happened. I doubt he would have called LE if he were out to stalk him like prey.
    Then what was his justification for following TM which no evidence that TM had committed a crime? LE asked him not to pursue and he did. This happened because GZ pursued TM and did not know if there was even a crime. If GZ stayed in his car and waited for LE it never would have happened. There was no personal crime against GZ, none he could report, nothing, he had no legal right to go after someone without just cause. GZ had none at the time he was in his truck. His cause was he didn't want this guy to get away when there was no proof TM did anything wrong. Plus TM could have bolted and out run the guy and didn't do that he just tried to walk faster. I'm a woman and had this happened to me where someone did not identify themselves and started to follow me it would scare the holy "you know what" out of me. And if there were something lying on the ground that could be used as a weapon I'd have picked it up to protect myself and would have been shot in the process.

I think the Grand Jury will do their job we just have to wait for it. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

rossva is offline George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.
    Perhaps Zimmerman did feel his life was in danger, and was screaming "NO, NO, HELP, NO, HELP!" because he kwew he was armed, and was desperately hoping some one else would intervene before he had to resort with deadly force. I know I would want to try all alternatives before I killed some one, even in self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by princesspjs View Post
    Tray can be heard on a recording screaming "HELP!" less than a second before Zimmerman shot him dead.

Does that mean that you think Tray was beating Zimmerman up to the point that Zimmerman felt his life was in danger....but all the while that Tray is supposedly beating the crap out of Zimmerman he is screaming "NO, NO, HELP, NO, HELP!"

Interesting viewpoint....and I can't even fathom it.
    " When ever you find yourself on the side of majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    - Mark Twain

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rossva For This Useful Post:

Last time I checked, my 17-year-old niece is still a child? She's still in High School. She can not vote. She can not buy cigarettes. She lives at home. She has a job where she is protected under "Child Labor Laws." I can go on and on.

17-years-old is still a child.
    Justice for Trayvon

Quote Originally Posted by rossva View Post
    Perhaps Zimmerman did feel his life was in danger, and was screaming "NO, NO, HELP, NO, HELP!" because he kwew he was armed, and was desperately hoping some one else would intervene before he had to resort with deadly force. I know I would want to try all alternatives before I killed some one, even in self defense.
    He quickly ruled out the best alternative, which was to stay in his CAR!
    #ConvictZimmerman

AFTER A TRIAL, OF COURSE

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to HiHater For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    Last time I checked, my 17-year-old niece is still a child? She's still in High School. She can not vote. She can not buy cigarettes. She lives at home. She has a job where she is protected under "Child Labor Laws." I can go on and on.

Apparently not to some LolaMoon.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

Still in the rainy soggy PNW.... sigh....
    Quote Originally Posted by annalia View Post
    And how was the phone locked if he was just on it mere moments before his murder?

Doesn't your phone lock after you shut it down?
    Some do after a certain time after being dropped, closed or so... It always depends how you personally set it up with security password.... But even if... In my opinion the should have been able to do so with the technic nowadays ... But as I said I am not sure what we really can take for real what comes from LE Sanford ...

Blessings

Micci
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
    It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
    Antoine de Saint Exupéry

and loving this

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MicciStella For This Useful Post:

Do you not find that sign a clear threat on Zimmerman's life? Do you think they chose that wording to be kind of funny and nostalgic?

No. That's a threat.
    Sorry I'm not watching the rally. Is there really a sign that says that? TIA
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

YES! Special prosecutor appointed!!!!!
    #ConvictZimmerman

AFTER A TRIAL, OF COURSE

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to HiHater For This Useful Post:

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Quote Originally Posted by Velouria View Post
    I hope they're not calling to report a suspicious black person.
    I have called police when I have seen people in my neighborhood first thing they ask is Description of person,when I have said height,average build they ask me Race.It is how they identify who I am calling about.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Prosecutor has just resigned they are bringing in a new prosecutor from Jacksonville
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blue_Dolphin308 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post

Yes....especially when you consider that he was just two weeks past 16......

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    Sorry I'm not watching the rally. Is there really a sign that says that? TIA
    I'm not able to watch it either - I read it in the text of an article about the rally that was posted in this forum.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

rossva is offline George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.
    The Castle Doctrine does not apply. It is the "Stand Your Ground" law that does. Stand Your Ground laws, which eliminate the longstanding legal requirement that a person threatened outside of his or her own home retreat rather than use force.

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    It takes two people to have a fight. The minute GZ disobeyed directions from LE to hold his position until LE arrived he took matters into his own hands and essentially he caused the incident. How do you go from a perfectly innocent person walking to his family's condo into a planned assault by this young man? He was on he phone with a witness who said he was trying to get away from this man. GZ carried a gun and pursued him.

Maybe someone should have warned this so called "aggressive teen" not to bring a bottle of ice tea to a gun fight.

Plus GZ was not in his home. He was in what is referred to in gated communities as a common area. GZ wasn't even on his own property so how does the castle law even a consideration. How many times do police officers tell citizens not to take the law into your own hands? Call LE and let them handle it. GZ chose not to do that with deadly results. jmo
    " When ever you find yourself on the side of majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by MicciStella View Post
    Some do after a certain time after being dropped, closed or so... It always depends how you personally set it up with security password.... But even if... In my opinion the should have been able to do so with the technic nowadays ... But as I said I am not sure what we really can take for real what comes from LE Sanford ...

Blessings

Micci
    I agree about what comes out of SPD but have we seen where they actually said it?

Wasn't Tray's family first told by police that they didn't have Tray's phone?

39. The Following User Says Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:

There was just one shot fired from GZ's gun and LE did seize the gun.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nat...,6101817.story

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to What'sThatClue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Dolphin308 View Post
    Prosecutor has just resigned they are bringing in a new prosecutor from Jacksonville
    That's good news. I really think being transparent, and working with the public is what is needed here. And move up that GJ hearing if possible.

Move things forward, and be transparent about it.

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Yes, well, you can tell from the 911 call that he did not simply approach TM and ask "Excuse me young sir, but might I ask what your business is tonight?"

he did NOT say, I am with neighborhood watch why are you here?

The girlfriend was pretty clear when she demonstrated what she heard which was a pretty belligerant "WHAT ARE YOU DOING AROUND HERE?"

If he wanted to and thought he could resolve things peacefully then his method truly sucks....and yes following someone and asking what they are doing in a certain way is in fact an aggressive act, and gives every indication that you want to start a physical fight.

My personal opinion is that everything that I have heard leads me to believe that he had every intention of starting a physical fight, and he wasn't afraid because after all he had a gun.
    I don't know if he was belligerent when he asked Trayvon what he was doing and it makes no sense for a guy with a gun to go start a fist fight.
    Justice for GEORGE!

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Horace Finklestein For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by What'sThatClue View Post
    There was just one shot fired from GZ's gun and LE did seize the gun.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nat...,6101817.story
    And only one shot is heard on 911 tapes.
    Just my opinion

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast