Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #2 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
tdy-120320-sierra-lamar-2p.grid-5x2.jpg

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

PREVIOUS THREADS:
Thread #1

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!) - http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...934,0.030041&z=14&source=embed&mid=1332261677

Do you think they could have meant "secreted" meaning- to produce a liquid discharge

hence the urine which we don't know if this is true or if its human or animal IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ
I'm thinking it is not the purse and we haven't heard what the secreted item is yet.

1) This makes sense as they say the purse was found on Sunday and they are just reporting this today??

2) I want to know what else was in the bag ie toothbrush, etc

3) Maybe she was planning to run away for the weekend but met with foul play almost immediately, who knows who she was getting a ride from, maybe to Fremont, and that's why she had packed a change of clothes.

Posted by SaRX ;
Wonder if they brought trailing dogs out last weekend? They should have been able to get a direction of travel at least.

Santa Clara County has a very good SAR team and some great K9 teams as well.
__________________[ brought over from past thread]

They did bring dogs in on the first day she went missing, and it was reported that her scent ended at the end of her driveway. And there was a later comment by LE saying it was their best dogs and they were highly effective in the past. I will try and find that comment for you because i think he named the SAR team.

Bringing over from the previous thread:

1. They found her Juicy purse on Sunday at 1:00 p.m. on Santa Teresa and Laguna streets at the intersection but not directly on teh roadway. Inside the purse were "neatly folded" clothing (a shirt and a pair of jeans I think). Location here: http://g.co/maps/sbjxy
2. A text was sent by Sierra to a friend a few minutes after 7:00 a.m. the morning she disappeared. The presser guy said the text was sent from home. It was a "normal text" and did not indicate distress.
3. No comment about whether urine was found on the clothes or what was found on them.

Thanks Katy. I would love to know who it was. There are some good teams at SC and there are some great teams (no bad ones), they have pretty high standards for training.

Hopefully they ran more than one dog and if that's the consensus then I'm going to say that she likely got into a car right there.

News right now is reporting

5 SCSO K9 teams have been deployed all within a 3 mile radius of the home.

LE said it took so long to intensify search following finding the purse because they had to confirm the purse was Sierras. Yeah right it took 4 days to confirm. My guess is it has something to do with the possible "urine" on the clothes -- maybe to identify it?

Do you think they could have meant "secreted" meaning- to produce a liquid discharge

hence the urine which we don't know if this is true or if its human or animal IMO

I think in this case it meant the bag was hidden.

The body discovered was near the 152/156 intersection just north of Hollister. Right now that one is pointing more to Martha.

santa theresa and laguna (where bag was found):
(very rural area....)

On street view, you can see a white sign on the corner and it looks like there is a drainage/runoff ditch running beside the road. I wonder if the purse was tossed in there and that's why it was hard to find or see initially. Presser guy said it was not found on the actual roadway.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_20231728/sheriffs-office-bag-clothes-belonging-missing-morgan-hill

Sgt. Jose Cardoza said a Juicy bag was found at 1 p.m. Sunday near the intersection of Santa Teresa Boulevard and Laguna Avenue. Inside the bag was a neatly folded pair of pants and a T-shirt.

Cardoza said that information was not released until they confirmed the bag and clothing was Sierra's and investigators did follow-up work.

Meanwhile, the sheriff's volunteer search and rescue team is conducting a search of the three-mile radius of Sierra's home for any evidence, such as a weapon, clothing or tire tracks. Five search dogs are also participating in the effort.
sbm

at the presser reporters kept asking why did they (LE) wait so long to start a more complex search since the bag was found on sunday (which is FOUR days ago)..

I have to agree

They said they had to do "forensic testing" on the bag but to me it seems like once they had a positive ID on the bag from her family they should have been searching that area right away? (but then again maybe they were...who knows...)

It was a little chilly on Friday to wear only a T-shirt.

Nancy Grace

‎15-yr-old cheerleader Sierra Lamar leaves for school & vanishes on the way to her bus-stop – or did she? Police now unsure if she ever made it past the end of her driveway. Was she abducted from inside her home? The sheriff just announces that Sierra’s Juicy purse was found off the side of the road with her clothes neatly folder inside. Taking your on-air calls right now: 877-626-2901

A point worth discussing or not? At first I thought it was kind of ridiculous, but I guess anything is possible.

Looking at these intersections where the phone was found and then where the bag was found, it indicates to me the vehicle was traveling from Sierra's house in the direction of San Jose. If it is revealed that there is a lot of urine on the clothes, IMO it would indicate something happened to her very early on.

A point worth discussing or not? At first I thought it was kind of ridiculous, but I guess anything is possible.

On Nancy Grace they also reported that the doors were locked, so makes it seem less likely.. but like you said anything is possible.

sarx question for ya:

it has been reported that dogs lost her scent at the end of the driveway... she went missing on a friday but all that week she would have been walking to and from the bus stop..wouldn't the dogs have picked up her scent from other days she walked to the bus stop that week?

tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member